Status
Not open for further replies.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Wait a god damn second, I cracked the code. Bleg was sick of Wano and has been wanting it to end. Oda gave the man hope by finally starting to wrap it up. Then when Oda realized Bleg was about to get his wish. He decided to delay it by a month. By god the man really does have it all planned

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
You know I was going to make a bet for what chapter we think Act 3 will end on. but with recent news I think almost everyone will be picking the same chapter now lol

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck

Okay Oda we got 2-3 chapters left

I need Yamato on the Straw Hat crew officially, no technicalities

C'mon just do it, just rip the band-aid off, c'mon DO IT

Saori

Avenger
Dec 12, 2018
That break made my decision on when I'm doing my reread of One Piece quite easy at least.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Oh man, the fanbase is going to eat itself before he comes back.

Still, good for Oda. The man can always use more rest.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I'm thinking the break will be Oda consolidating ideas and making it work under the next saga (which will be our last). Kinda like how Oda wanted to do an adventure on an island that was always on fire and an adventure that was always frozen. When he combined the ideas to help save time, we got Punk Hazard. The thought I have is a bunch of smaller stories that Oda wanted to hit. Are about to be rearranged and mixed to happen in the same arc instead of some of them being their own arcs. Will be curious to see if my idea holds true.

I will also say that if Oda were to literally do nothing but chill with his family and friends at a beach for 4 weeks straight and not even think about One Piece. I'd also be ok with that. Man deserves a long break (like all manga artists do).

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
faint-fainting.gif

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Now the question is y'all, do we think Oda is about to cut and consolidate some story points to start the ending sooner based on his comments?

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
So how chapters do you think are left of Wano?
3-5
Take a well deserved rest Oda
WHAT ARE WE GOING TO TALK ABOUT FOR A MONTH IN THIS THREAD!!!
We about to get real crazy

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully 1053 delivers the wanted posters and nakama debates end.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
What will we do with ourselves in the meantime? make out?

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Now the question is y'all, do we think Oda is about to cut and consolidate some story points to start the ending sooner based on his comments?

I do think some points are going to be consolidated to help move things along but I don't think we're in endgame sprinting to the finish line just yet. Wano was absurdly long even by OP standards, so I could see there still being a couple of arcs just with all of them significantly shorter in length. I think the "final arc" comment is more about him setting the stage for the ending because it is surely coming.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
did Miura leave behind a manuscript or something?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
HxH about to come back
One Piece on a 4 week break
Berserk actually coming back

What is going on?!?!?!

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I do think some points are going to be consolidated to help move things along but I don't think we're in endgame sprinting to the finish line just yet. Wano was absurdly long even by OP standards, so I could see there still being a couple of arcs just with all of them significantly shorter in length. I think the "final arc" comment is more about him setting the stage for the ending because it is surely coming.
I will clarify I think the final arc is going to potentially be a Wano length affair. So I think this is going to be Oda's chance to change things that he thought would be nice to include but are no longer essential in his eyes.

Crazy news day for anime and manga fans

I don't even know how to process this

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
HxH about to come back
One Piece on a 4 week break
Berserk actually coming back

What is going on?!?!?!

tumblr_oxkbonlfoM1rzoi3uo5_500.gifv

I will clarify I think the final arc is going to potentially be a Wano length affair. So I think this is going to be Oda's chance to change things that he thought would be nice to include but are no longer essential in his eyes.

Y'know what that's fair, if his plan is to end off going full-on Shinobi War/Thousand-Year Blood War then it makes sens for the lead-up to not drag any more than it needs to.

Status
Not open for further replies.