• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
There is a technically non zero chance but it's not super high

I think some people think some of the sky islands we've seen look like they're floating past the boundaries of BoTW's map, and there's maybe a bit more detail on some areas that were out of bounds. But that's far from definitive
What can I say, that mysterious pirate ship makes me wanna imagine some added room for a little… wind wakin'

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Fucking game just gets more and more confusing the more you look into it. I saw someone assert that the Zonai structure Ganondorf is standing on isn't in any of the Great Plateau aerial shots and guess what? Yeah, it's not there. Other farther trees and some kind of tower and stuff is, so I don't think it's draw distance, and it has to be in the present because he's got a shrine and the Hylian version of the Great Plateau wall behind him in the trailer. We have an idea from the art book how big this platform is too, and it's just not there.

bjailKP.png

I really wonder how much the world will change over time in this game. It's crazy the story and even just our basic understanding of the world still has these massive holes in it.
Inquisitive_Ghost I'm curious, do you recall in which page of the Artbook is the platform in which Ganondorf is standing?

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Pg 61. It's a big boy, definitely would show up from that height seeing as we can make out the outline of the ruins around the bottom left shrine, now a Malice Hole, and this is a much larger and more defined structure than that.
UH8m0kQ.png
If they are really going to be changing the map as we progress that's gonna be crazy.
I think people had point out that some sky islands don't show up in certain trailers but do in others. So I wonder if there's also gonna be changes on the underground as we advance to the history.

That's also the perfect way to make the map feel fresh and encourage exploration, of course, that's if that theory turns out to be true.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
You know, with recent footage showing Link with room for like 40 hearts… do you think it's a coincidence that his Zonai battery pack can hold 40 batteries?

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
You know, with recent footage showing Link with room for like 40 hearts… do you think it's a coincidence that his Zonai battery pack can hold 40 batteries?

If you do some quick math:

3 hearts + at least four containers from bosses = 7
40 - 7 = 33
33 x 4 = 132
10 stamina upgrades x 4 = 40
132 + 40 = 170
170 - 12 if you're short 3 upgrades from a complete row again = 158 shrine collectibles

The total number being around 150/160 could make sense with the map being larger and it would clear up this issue with also having to upgrade the battery pack somehow if its powers are just drawn from Link's life force or the spirit arm's power.

...I also notice that this would track with the shrines being themed after zen imagery, as places to strengthen or refine one's spirit.