• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Picked up this game for the first time in a while, did some exploring, cleared Eventide Island like a boss...except for one thing:

jz2MDJ7.jpg

The last orb got stuck in the mud.

This is from the big boss dude. I've tried stasis, I've tried to go far away to respawn, I've tried ice, that damn orb is not coming out.

I'm gonna have to start all over, aren't I?

Skoje

Oct 26, 2017
Im sure if you leave it resets. Maybe leave and go to the other side of the map. Nintendo doesn't pull Bethesedas

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
The only downside is, you might have to re-do all of eventide isle after the red moon. Which, I mean, it's not that bad, eventide is pretty fun.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Would a bomb 'splosion move it? Can't remember if those things react to the bomb 'splosions.

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Would a bomb 'splosion move it? Can't remember if those things react to the bomb 'splosions.
Try exploding a bomb under the mud and using the momentum to make it launch towards safe ground

I've been using stasis bomb explosions and it only barely nudges it.

The problem seems to be the orb is at the bottom of the mud pit. If you sink too deep into the pit, you lose a heart and respawn. It doesn't seem like you can make it surface.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Forgot if you can lift it using the Ice Rune.

Other option is using statis and then shooting arrows/bombs to propell it in a differenr direction.

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
try stasis, bows with 3x shots bomb arrows

also cryosis could lift it up perhaps

if not then try again lol. Now that you know what to do it will be easy and fast to reclear the island

Wowfunhappy

Oct 27, 2017
My last eventide orb got blasted out into the ocean, beyond the boundaries of the Eventide challenge. (I tried to Cryonosis hop my way there, but the game wouldn't let me without exiting the challenge.) :(

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I did something similar my first time through the island. I stasis launched the orb a biiiiit too far. Couldn't get it without forfeiting the challenge. Good luck!

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
No dice on Amiibo, not allowed to use it on the challenge.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
This happened to me on Eventide, kind of. I threw it into the water or it fell, I can't remember, and it wound up going so far out there was no way I could get it back so I had to restart the whole thing.

Not too bad, it's such a fun challenge

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
the area has metal crates too, I remember, near the giant boss on a little mountain with other bokoblindI believe. If you broke them then RIP

Mosaica

May 22, 2019
This was honestly one of my gripes about the game. If anything falls into water or mud, it's an absolute pain in the ass to get back out if it's not metal.
I lost so many rupees...

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
UPDATE: found an unopened chest on the beach. Wish me luck.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
I ended up screwing myself out of the challenge twice before beating it. I was so mad after the second try that I didn't come back for hours. Really awesome little section though... Just wish it had been a little more idiot proof.

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Update:

hy4f0Dg.jpg

Trying to push the big tree branch to nudge the orb.