Oct 25, 2017
Outer Heaven
BOTW is only the second Zelda game I beat and 3rd I've ever really played in depth. And I had such a fantastic time and didn't even see this challenge that you are talking about. I have so many games in my backlog that I just played through the story and some side quests but I could imagine dumping hundreds of hours in this game.

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Also I can't believe I spent forever pelting bombs at the big boss, lighting the area on fire and hitting him with stasis boulders....when you can just land on his belly and take it. I only learned this trying to google solutions for the mud pit.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also I can't believe I spent forever pelting bombs at the big boss, lighting the area on fire and hitting him with stasis boulders....when you can just land on his belly and take it. I only learned this trying to google solutions for the mud pit.
Lol yes ive done this before cause I just felt it, probably because I knew jumping from a long distance in landing on a wild horse also works

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
While the discussions of convoluted solutions to OP's problem are, indeed, a testament to the supreme quality of this game, OP's problem is a bit of an oversight to begin with.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
It's a glorious thread if I see one.
I have to try and see if I can try to solve this in any way.
Basically just need an orb and a swamp.
it can be anywhere in the world and the goal is basically to try and salvage the orb.
That's a cool challenge!

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
This is the one where they take away all of your stuff, right? I remember this one, I don't think I'd be able to do it again lol, it was a pain in the ass.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
wtf is Eventide Island.... is that only on DLC or do I need to go do some more exploring

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
This was a ride, even understanding basically nothing of what was going on.

(I guess I should crack open Zelda eventually)

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Heh, it's okay, I'll probably forget everything about this except "mud is bad!"
men-in-black-mind-eraser-gif-2.gif

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
This happened to me when I played. I spent ages trying to get it out and in the end had to admit defeat and came back to it later.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
So...he woke up and I got the orb but I panicked and ran to the ocean.

Don't worry, this happened with another orb. Ice will safely get it. Just waiting for him to leave.
Yay, glad it worked out for you OP :')

We should send this thread to the devs and tell them to refine the BotW engine to handle this situation a bit better without the need for a reset.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Such an awesome thread.

BOTW is one of those games I wish I could erase from my memory, just to experience it brand new and marvel how amazing it is.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
As far as I'm concerned this thread isn't over until somebody puts an orb in the mud and gets it out again.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
The first time I played Eventide Island I felt like having the most immersive adventure I've ever had on a videogame. This thread is the closest I'll ever get to that feeling.

Last edited:

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
There's also a neat trick which is to climb the Hinox's left hand while he's asleep and wait there. He'll try to scratch his belly while also depositing Link neatly on top of him. Loot away.

OP
OP
Mekanos

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I mean it absolutely should be. Pretty disappointed with the lame conclusion. If you've already beat A venture can you still do it again?

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get the orb out unless you plant metal boxes in the swamp for it to land on.

Let's see you spend hours trying to get it out.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
All of the crazy solutions/ideas in this thread are part of why BotW is so awesome lol

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Congrats OP on completing the trial. I had that happen on one of my dozen attempts at beating Eventide Island. I found it around hour 21 or so and I only had three hearts still because I was investing in stamina. I eventually beat it by bombing the hell out of the Hinox and grabbing the orb, no idea at that time you could jump on it and take the orb because every time I did, it woke up. BotW was so good, I burned myself out by the time the first DLC rolled around and after attempting the Trial of the Sword I skipped it because screw Lizalfos enemies and their natural terrain in the first trial (penultimate trial too I think). BotW is the only game where I can gauge within a three hour window on where my adventures took place based on my albums. I think I was one of few people that completed the game 98% before fighting Ganon, meaning every memory, every Divine Beast, every side quest, and every korok seed. Only thing I didn't do was reveal all location names on the map because I didn't know I had to ride over bridges. I went in there and whooped Ganon's pig butt. I really hope Nintendo expands on the concept immensely in the sequel; I'm talking underwater swimming, cave systems if possible, more dynamic weather, have them go nuts. I'm rambling but it's hard not to mention BotW without remembering my journey and the adventures I had, I really need to play the game again.