• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

burn

Oct 27, 2017
I've tried googling this and I can't figure out an answer:

I have a X1X right now with about 700GB of games on it. I don't want to redownload all those games to my Series X when it arrives. I don't have an extra External HDD to transfer the games to (I just have one, and it's formatted for and hooked up to my PS4, and I don't want to delete and redownload all those games either). What I do have is a Laptop with a 1TB HDD and about 800GB of free space. Is there any way that I can transfer all my games from my X1X to my laptop and then transfer from my laptop to my Series X? Has anyone ever done this, and/or know what steps would have to be taken to do it?
No need. Just have both Series X and One X connected to the same network and use network transfer. You can copy the games directly through the local network.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
The speed of these next gen consoles is worth the $500 price alone. Destiny 2 isn't online yet but just loading it up and seeing how fast it gets to the start screen is so damn good. This shit is way faster than my PC.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
The speed of these next gen consoles is worth the $500 price alone. Destiny 2 isn't online yet but just loading it up and seeing how fast it gets to the start screen is so damn good. This shit is way faster than my PC.

You don't have a SSD on your pc?

Been playing D2 for over a year on PC and going from my ps4 to PC was amazing mainly because of an SSD.

LegendofTrey

Oct 27, 2017
I can't download the standard version of Valhalla? Is it not out yet? The only options it gives me to buy are the gold and ultimate versions...

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
For Canadians: Series S is available on Amazon.ca now. Available for delivery tomorrow.

*edit* out of stock now on Amazon, but Series X and S are both available on BestBuy.ca !

Last edited:

Camillo

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Borderlands 3 is def running in 4k (maybe dynamic) 60fps on Series X. Looks really good.

edit: honestly no point in even having a 'performance mode' since it runs at the same framerate but looks TERRIBLE at 1080p.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I just replaced my Xbox One with the Series X only to realize that the cables plug in to the other side of the console and now the cables won't reach because of how I cable managed everything. Now I have to undo everything and rewire all the cables.... It's going to be at least an hour before I can even turn it on =(

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a problem with logging into my account. It just gives me a spinning circle then just gives up after a couple minutes.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got back from GameStop a while ago with my Series X. Unfortunately can't afford any new games for a few days but I'm still hyped to have it!

20201110_105742.jpg

20201110_111522.jpg

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
no series X or S for me today or any time soon probably, but I did stop by target to pick up one of the new controllers since my current controller is on its last legs. First impressions are that it feels nice, and I definitely like the new d-pad. Feels more similar to the faceted d-pad on the elite than I expected it to. It might even like it a bit better?

really positive first impressions from the new controller. Best of all EVERY BUTTON WORKS 100% OF THE TIME which is not something I could say about the elite series 2 after going through four controllers before I gave up.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I still don't love the UI but gosh it's friggin fast, quick resume is godly

I assume my download speed is crap because the servers are being hit hard, gigabit wired in and i'm getting 40-100mbps

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
I have a OLED LG TV 65B7.

can somebody explain to me what should I keep it on and off on the display options? kind of overwhelmed now.

allow latency mode?variable refresh rate? Ycc 4:2:2???

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
Eh, I've tried to update my B9 firmware for almost an hour without luck and now I can't log in into my account. :(

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Turned on 120 fps mode on Xbox. Whenever I try to launch ori it stops sending a signal to me tv. Wtf!

Lg c9 btw

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
So the battery door on the new controller is different meaning I can't reuse my current XBO recharge cradle. Anyone know if you can just buy new doors? I rather not get a 2nd cradle for 1 controller

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Same issues with the login. It was working at like 11 - but account things seem entirely borked right now. I stupidly rebooted the console thinking it was maybe an issue there - but now I can't even login to the system. Just the generic user stuff.

Sure it'll be fixed - but man am I glad I didn't end up taking the day off.

GrandeDp

Oct 28, 2017
Was able to snag an all access last night can't wait for it to ship and join you all. Got assassins creed and yakuza to go along with game pass. Out of town this week so hope it appears the day I get home.

Romir

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so happy that the Dolby app was recently updated allowing 7.1.4 Atmos upmixing. I didn't expect it at this point so it was great to hear the rear top heights working and be wrong.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I won't lie, the speed at which you can install games is fantastic. Just going down the list of game pass and selecting one after another with ZERO lag between installing is so nice.