• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yep. Same happened to me.

I'd never think that a console would be as buggy as a Bethesda game on day one :(
So mine literally will not display anything other than a black screen.
Again. Unless I do a full hold down power button to turn off entirely. If I turn on the console normally, I get black screen.
Guess I'm just returning this to best buy and waiting a couple months to buy again. This is really upsetting

Trifle

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, sign in is failing on my current One X and can't add an account on the Series X. Reminds me of the Xmas a few years ago when Live ground to a halt :)
Making use of the time transferring over some titles from the old Xbox

Last edited:

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
SUNUVA... Thank you for your response.
I just preordered the Hori one from Amazon. It claims to work with both XBO and XBS controllers so I can't just replace my cheap XBO one I guess. Seemed like a better deal than the official play and charge kit.

Amazon.com: Hori Microsoft Xbox Series X|S Dual Charging Station By - Offcially Licensed by Microsoft - Xbox Series X: Video Games

Amazon.com: Hori Microsoft Xbox Series X|S Dual Charging Station By - Offcially Licensed by Microsoft - Xbox Series X: Video Games

MrGiraffe

Feb 27, 2020
Beyond not logging in, it cannot identify the 4K signal from my tv, unlike the One X and every other device ever.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
My Target Series X preorder still says ETA today via FedEx but has no updates since yesterday with its origin being in Alabama and I'm in Indiana. Not looking promising. :(

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I need help. My series X says i have no internet connection when i want to buy a game. But i have a cable connection and games are downloading from gamepass? It also does this when i want to acces personal settings and want to change color and background.
Same for me on One. It's on their side due to the US (or part of it at least) joining the EU et al in hammering the servers.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Does it even seem to cap download speeds if you have a game in the background? I started up gears 5, went back to the dashboard and the queue was downloading around 30mb/s - but I'm in the dashboard and the game isn't active so it shouldn't need to prioritise power etc for the game at that point.

quit the game and instantly DL speeds jumped to 200mb/s

I hope they fix that - I maybe understand throttling while playing a game, but not in rest mode or when on the dashboard

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
We have crushed them under the weight of our desires.

1iLhA8u.png

Deleted member 51957

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
LG C9 owner here on the latest software. Playing with 120Hz is messing with the display. I turned on 120Hz and it worked, then started up Rock Band 4 and no display. I can then press the xbox button and navigate to some other panel and it comes back.

Tried switching it back to 60Hz and now no display again. Not sure how to get the picture to come back...

Iamcenok

Oct 27, 2017
Sad day, I got to play fuser for the tutorial and wanted access to the other downloadable games -- and I cant get back in. Come on MS. Fix yo shit FASTER. haha. We all wanna play damn it!

Jacobs

Oct 26, 2017
Does quick resume not work for all titles? Red dead redemption 1 restarts the game when i switch back to it.

Plum

May 31, 2018
So mine literally will not display anything other than a black screen.
Again. Unless I do a full hold down power button to turn off entirely. If I turn on the console normally, I get black screen.
Guess I'm just returning this to best buy and waiting a couple months to buy again. This is really upsetting

Have you changed the refresh rate to 60 or turned off VRR yet? It might help, but I haven't really tested mine to try yet. Sorry either way :(

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
Yea after the update part xbox seems to be stuck. Was not able to get the app to work either.

Is it safe to turn the console off?

Romir

Oct 28, 2017
I'm loving this Child of Eden auto hdr. It's the biggest game improvement I've seen from it so far easily.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Canada here. It's been 2 1/2 hours of no connection, unable to sign into Xbox Live etc. Shit show, and we're not even into the evening yet.