May 24, 2019
Also, I'm sure I'm late on this but if not, has this been posted?

v8evvugwliy51.jpg

I need a ping pong ball immediately.

Mike Armbrust

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see that rest mode downloading is a glitch. It's a pain having to leave it on.

OS has been fairly sluggish at times with slow loading and missed button clicks so hopefully that's also related to server load.

Oct 27, 2017
I downloaded a bunch of games, but just keep going back to Forza Horizon 4, Ori, Tetris. They are perfect.

Also, the new controller is really great, love the dpad.

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I think we are definitely seeing bugs in smart delivery and quick resume at this point. I couldn't get quick resume to work for FH4 but it worked for dead cells.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Ate the crashes experienced happening while playing the same game or action? Or are they all just random crashes? I have had mine on and running since I fired it up roughly 12 hours ago with zero issues.
I played 2 games for 4-5+ hours. I've played about 5 other games 4/5 shut my system down.

The problem is this is happening to a lot of people with completely different games. I've read NBA did it, Watch Dogs does it, AC is a big one, minecraft all kinds of stuff which perplexes me because it couldn't be a hardware issue if some games do it and some don't. Some sort of sofware issue, corruption i don't know. I literally tried everything.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
So is anyone else trying to run Gears 5 on the Series X and it's messed up?

I fully downloaded the game, still says all the modes are still downloading and I can only access the tutorial.

And uhh...I don't think it's loading upper armor textures correctly either as seen in my pics.

Running off the internal SSD

Looks like you found a shiny!
:/

It's a mess for me.
I did a backup of everything and I still have to redownload everything, server issues with button presses not registering, games not booting, a couple times the console wouldn't shut down.
Ah well, it was to be expected.

(Minecraft not supporting quick resume is a travesty, basically a downgrade from One X)

L337Sauce

Oct 4, 2019
The rainbow static bar?

Yeah I guess it could be described as that. It flashes for barely anytime at all but it is visible during the transition back to the dash because of the black screen. I'm assuming this is a common thing still being sorted out on the firmware side with VRR? I know it's had some issues getting to this point so far.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Fuck this 16x AF is killer for old games. Playing Alan Wake which is a sub 720p title and it looks amazing not to mention the auto HDR. This fucking box is insane!

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So, it took me like 2 hours to get my game setup all re-ordered to incorporate it. Then I had to update the console, then the controller, now I'm installing games. It's going to take forever before I play anything at this rate =D

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Been extremely happy with the games that I've had the time to download and play tonight. This console is ridiculous powerful for $500. That said, I've experienced the same issues as others that didn't have their games download while in sleep mode, and I also haven't seen "quick resume" pop up once yet.

May 24, 2019
I just looked in through the top holes of the SX while the fan wasn't running. How is this thing not gonna get filled with dust?

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is there a next-gen sales thread already? I wonder what the sales projections are for both next-gen consoles.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Played some gears 5 multi-player at 120 fps. First time I've touched the game in a year and I kicked ASS. I was playing in the "new players" queue so its not like I was destroying pro players bit I was always top 3 on my team, generally top 2 and onetime mvp. It was actually a lot of fun to play too. I'm glad I didn't mess with it before because I wouldn't have any interest relearning the multi-player meta.

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
I'm glad I noticed the issue about not downloading in sleep mode before I went to sleep. I'm trying to download Gears 4 which for some reason is massive (over 100 GB's). I'll just leave my console on overnight (actually I set it to go to sleep after 6 hours). I want to jump into Gears 4 ASAP so I can beat it and start Gears 5.

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
Hmmm my XSX shows up as Xbox One on my MS account. Doesn't matter really but anyone else have the same issue?

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
Would this be enough room for adequate ventilation? The back isn't open but has a small hole for cords. It's either here or behind the tv and this is a bit more convenient.

RIRsBi6.jpg

Hmmm my XSX shows up as Xbox One on my MS account. Doesn't matter really but anyone else have the same issue?
I've got a Series X and a Xbox One now, along with my old One S.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
This d-pad is so, so good.

I'm super hopeful its accurate and doesn't have ghost input issues. Feel-wise, this might be one of my favorite directional pads since the NGPC.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Would this be enough room for adequate ventilation? The back isn't open but has a small hole for cords. It's either here or behind the tv and this is a bit more convenient.

RIRsBi6.jpg

I have a similar setup. My plan? When I'm using it, I lightly tap one side inward so the exhaust fan blows out/toward me with a little less blockage. *Shrug* it runs quiet and I can't imagine they really felt people wouldn't do this.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
I have a similar setup. My plan? When I'm using it, I lightly tap one side inward so the exhaust fan blows out/toward me with a little less blockage. *Shrug* it runs quiet and I can't imagine they really felt people wouldn't do this.
I thought of that also but so far after a few hours it seems to be running fine. No sound at all.

Plenty of room on both sides. You should be good to go. Looks awesome in there! 🔥
Thanks!

Nov 16, 2017
So I played Outer Worlds while I was waiting for stuff to download. The incredibly short loading screens is a huge game changer. I cannot believe how fast it moves when it isn't even optimized for the Series X. I really think it might have ruined me for everything that isn't Breath of the Wild 2.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming you're using your phone for this post, you could use it as a hotspot to download the updates.
Yeah, I get like one bar of LTE here. It's fine for ResetERA, but otherwise the Xbox won't connect to it. Haha.

Living with my parentwith my wife and kiddos while our house is being built, and theirs 1.5 man internet went "out" over the weekend. 😭

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yea I've been playing for hours trying different games and was shocked when I put my hand over the top exhaust grill. It felt sort of luke warm. After those weird initial reports I expected it to be much warmer. It's pretty insane what they accomplished here.
I mean nothing you can play on the console should even tax the system on anyway so I would really hope so.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
They really need video settings profiles for individual games so we don't have to turn off HDR/auto HDR in the system settings every time we want it off for a specific game

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

RIRsBi6.jpg

I've got a Series X and a Xbox One now, along with my old One S.

probably ok. The only suggestion I'd make (because its dark inside so you shouldn't see it) - is consider some kind of partitiion/blocker like a piece of card behind the Xbox going to the back of your unit. To separate the top area from the bottom area. That should help ensure exhaust air comes out the front where it can dissipate into the room, and stop it sitting in the back of the cabinet where it'll be sucked back into the intake.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
anyone turned off Auto low latency and noticed any significant difference? Its a little annoying on my C9 with the pop up appearing multiple times as you launch games

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Looking forward to getting the new Series X controller to go with my new PC build.
The controller is nice! Just the small tweak they did in the bumper and trigger area is great. I was considering an elite 2 but now I'm going to hold off until they do the series shape/revision (assuming they will eventually release one)

sacrament

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
I really love this new controller. Can't stop caressing those triggers.

It's really nice, seems more substantial somehow. Like a level up in quality. Only issue I'm dealing with right now is the down and up on the d-pad is either getting stuck or it's not registering sometimes. It's really clicky/stiff, which is nice but may be contributing to it. Going to use it a bit longer to see if it losens up... It's be annoying if it stayed this way.

L337Sauce

Oct 4, 2019
anyone turned off Auto low latency and noticed any significant difference? Its a little annoying on my C9 with the pop up appearing multiple times as you launch games
It was really annoying me as well, but unless I am missing something, disabling it also disables VRR! Double check on your setup just in case though, I am on a B9.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
So my downloads are slow as shit too while playing. Do I actually need to close and quit.out every single running game in the quick swap mode to get the speeds back up? Or just go back to main menu for a bit? It's going to kind of ruin the experience if you can't download anything ever while any quick resume game is in the background..

Not seeing any way to manage download queue either which kinda sucks.