Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
Some tips i discovered while setting this thing up:

Some games (not all) when the system detects it has a Series S/X Enhancements it will prompt you to download the update which generally is the entire game. If the game resides on an External HDD or USB 3.0, the system will delete that copy at one point when it is downloading the newer/updated version it is installing to the internal drive. Dirt 5 for some reason it did not do this...but so far all my other games get removed from their old locations.

I also learned that if you move a game that is Series S/X enhanced to the internal drive "BEFORE" it is updated, it will just erase it and download the new version. I think many thought it would just download what it needs to make it the enhanced but it seems it is the entire game that needs to be redownloaded. So moving your games over is almost pointless unless they are games that are not enhanced and you just want them to load a bit quicker.

For me it didn't remove the the games from the external automatically I had to do it manually for every game.

The Gentleman

Oct 27, 2017
I've had issues with Quick Resume. Seems to work on certain games and not others.

Also, is there a way to turn off the instant game response notification without turning the feature off? It's kinda annoying

Those notifications are a bit annoying after a while aren't they. I need to look too. Hopefully there's something in the LG menus to turn them off.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a list of which games don't support Auto-HDR? I just popped in the original Splinter Cell and it doesn't seem to do HDR. So I'm curious if there is something going wrong on my end, or that the game isn't allowed to use Auto-HDR.

Side note: Absolutely ridiculous to see a game with the original Xbox logo animation running this smoothly and this frigging sharp. It's like it's a remaster.

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
Hmmm my XSX shows up as Xbox One on my MS account. Doesn't matter really but anyone else have the same issue?

I'm quoting myself here but, I think this happened to me because I started up XSX first time with my One X external drive already plugged in and it somehow restored the settings from the One X so on my MS account XSX shows as Xbox One. However if I remove this wrong labeled device from My devices on my account so that I can add it back, do I loose anything or does it conflict with anything?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I've had issues with Quick Resume. Seems to work on certain games and not others.

Also, is there a way to turn off the instant game response notification without turning the feature off? It's kinda annoying
Its easy to know wich games are working or not. Ones wich have like online connection it doesnt work.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Here are some quick uploads I did directly from my Xbox Series X to Twitter:

Emh9K-EU4AQCSR_

Emh9q2uVcAA5h36

Emh-hhVVMAAhbDI

Armoured_Bear

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Is there a way to cap the download speed of the Series X? It's nice that it actually downloads fast, but it's pretty much just hogging all my bandwidth. I'd like to queue some downloads and let them go at a moderate speed. I checked around the settings and didn't see anything like that, but I guess I coulda missed it

BTW, Is Outer Worlds capped to 30 fps on Series X? Just thought I'd ask before downloading, since I can't seem to quickly find the answer online
Apparently Outer Worlds is getting a patch to enhance it but I'm not sure when it's coming.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Yea it is ALWAYS popping up. If there is no way to disable the notifications then I may just turn the feature off.

I get that it can feel annoying, but giving up on important features because of a pop-in in a situation in that you can't do anything anyway? It's not like it's interrupting your gameplay or hud. It happens for a second when it boots up, it's a non issue.

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
After giving up on updating my B9 (not sure why it doesn't recognize update file on a pendrive), I've switched my XSX to 60fps and it works like a dream. I am seriously impressed how silent it is!

Tetris Effect is so, so cool. I'm glad that it's on gamepass, I wouldn't have tried it otherwise and now I can't wait to play more.
Valhalla at 60fps is also really cool. I am having a lot of fun!

Oct 29, 2017
anyone else use the Xbox app to set up their machine and then have the app unable to find the console to set up for remote play?

Yep. Remote Play set up and configured the app. Then when I tried to play a game it said it couldn't establish a connection on my phone. iPad worked to a point in that I could see my Xbox on my iPad but then the connection kept dropping. That might be because I'm downloading though. No idea why the phone won't work though.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
If it is a trusted friend, make sure you make the 1X you are giving them the "home Xbox" for your account. This means they will get your library of games and benefits when they are on their gamertag. Then you can sign in on your Series X with your gamertag. Word of caution though is that you will need to be connected to the internet for any digital games to launch on your Series X because it won't be your home console and it will want to licence check.

Thanks, so it works similarly to PS, with the "primary console" setting. That's good.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
I have just bumped into this on Twitter. The guy says that the console started to smoke after two minutes from starting up.

It obviously does not work and he asked Xbox if he can get it replaced.

Jump_Button

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah everything feel same but faster it really is just like upgrading your Phone, Still waiting on that next gen feel to kick in

What is MS next big Xbox only game? the Medium?

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Just wanted to update i think my Series X crashing was because of a dying external HDD. I think maybe the 2 games i transferred over was corrupt or something because after re-formatting, deleting the games, unplugging the HDD i have yet to crash. Been playing Valhalla for over 30 minutes where as it and many other games would shut my xbox off after 2-5 minutes.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Activated the preview program on my Series X now and I have a new firmware ready for me (with new and more animated backgrounds), hope I won't regret this bug wise.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
Umm that's how I did it? Why what's wrong on your end? Or did misunderstand your issue? I.e I have preloaded Valhalla, then when I got my disc release later I popped it in then I started to play.

How do you preload without having a digital preorder?

I want to install the game ahead of time but buy the disc version on release.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Fast Resume (When Working) is a real game changer for me. It felt good to hop backwards and forwards in titles, without all the lengthy loads again.

I think some people undersold the speed things load at. Forza Horizon is a huge boost over the One X and that is not even dealing with 4k60. Swapping cars is amazing.

While there are not really any next-gen game showcases, its a solid start for the Series X.

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
I've tried two headphones now in my controller. I get a lot of crackle. Is this normal?

My Sennheiser HD598 have a audible pffffffffffffffffffffff type sound when I turn the headphones all the way up in the xbox menu. it's kind of annoying as I'm a bit of audio snob, but in general I don't think I have any crackle.

I have just bumped into this on Twitter. The guy says that the console started to smoke after two minutes from starting up.

It obviously does not work and he asked Xbox if he can get it replaced.

That's just the Vape Chamber, no need to worry!

glebanych

Dec 8, 2017
Kyiv, Ukraine
Are there any people in this thread with both Xbox One S/X and Xbox Series S/X? Can you please tell if the power cords are the same between generations? They look similar on photos but just to be sure

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
How do you preload without having a digital preorder?

I want to install the game ahead of time but buy the disc version on release.

Here is the thing: If the game files already exist on the Store (before release date), all you do is download and install the game first and then when you receive the disc later you just pop it in and you are good to go. Digital and physical versions are the same on Xbox (unlike in PS4 as I remember).

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Fast Resume (When Working) is a real game changer for me. It felt good to hop backwards and forwards in titles, without all the lengthy loads again.

I think some people undersold the speed things load at. Forza Horizon is a huge boost over the One X and that is not even dealing with 4k60. Swapping cars is amazing.

While there are not really any next-gen game showcases, its a solid start for the Series X.
Yeah it's really something. I was playing Destiny 2 and jumped into AC exactly where I was. It's really nice not having to sit through loading screens or connecting screens.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Just turned my Series X on from Instant-On mode after a bunch of hours and it has barely made any progress downloading my games (it downloaded not even half of Sims 4). Are servers still getting slammed? My One X could download a ton of games while in sleep mode even with a game suspended if I remember right.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Quick Resume is going to be the biggest game changer for single run roguelikes like Risk of Rain 2 where you can't save during a session

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dang, FH4 is an absolute blast and I don't even like racing games lol. It also looks absolutely stunning.

Anyone here got some confirmed games that work with Auto-HDR? I want to check it out.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Console hard crashed while playing Valhalla, screen froze for a second, then the Xbox button began to blink and off.

Hope that doesn't happen more often.....

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
I wanted to buy a CX this black friday, but all the compatibility issues are scaring me. Shitty situation man dunno what to do.

BozoHarry

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland.
Just turned my Series X on from Instant-On mode after a bunch of hours and it has barely made any progress downloading my games (it downloaded not even half of Sims 4). Are servers still getting slammed? My One X could download a ton of games while in sleep mode even with a game suspended if I remember right.

Did you have any games/apps running? Downloads were quicker for me with nothing running.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Dark Souls with Auto HDR looks so good but unfortunately it seems to stutter on Series X.

Edit: Seems like Dark Souls doesn't like VRR. Turned it off and now it runs normally.