Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
I'm gonna write up cliff notes on the journals / story setup for those who don't want to read them. This is basically just backstory from the journals and very early parts of the game.

- We've fucked up the Earth; we did her dirty and now she's having massive earthquakes and tsunamis that are making it inhabitable.

- Countries come together to build two spaceships capable of interstellar travel; the Flores (main ship) and the Caravel (scout ship). The Flores can hold 500,000 people max. The Caravel is a scout ship with Outriders in it (elite soldiers) that are going to scout whatever planet they find first before the Flores lands.

- They find a suitable planet (Enoch). On liftoff, the Caravel malfunctions and blows up killing all the Outriders. In a desperate move, they try to build a new Outriders team filled with mostly mercenaries.

- The Flores finally reaches Enoch after 83 years of travel. You're sent down with your squad to scout the planet.This is the start of the prologue.

- The Anomaly storm happens and you're one of the lone survivors. You're put in a cryopod.

- You awaken 30 some years later in the middle of a war between two opposing factions — the ECA and the Insurgents / "Exiles". The latter feel like they've been done dirty by the ECA because they helped build the First City and were basically discarded after. The ECA is more practical, they know the First City can handle only a fraction of the 500,000 people that were awakened on the Flores.

- Important note on the backstory while you were asleep 30 years: They had a decision to make about those 500k people. The Flores was running ou of power and couldn't support the crypods anymore, but they knew the city could only support 50k so they had two options, 1) Awaken everyone and deal with the dire consequences (famine, slums, disease, crime, etc), or 2) Let them die a peaceful death in their pods. They went with door #1

- The First City is a mess and then the nuclear reactor its powered by melts down. They create Rift Town.

- Ok now back to your awakening. You awake and learn all the stuff above that happened, including the fact that the anomaly storms rendered every piece of electronic unusable, like an EMP.

- Now here's the big hook... there's a SIGNAL! A digital signal that's being broadcast. This shouldn't be possible because the storms knocked out all the electronics. Even more perplexing is the fact that this signal predates your arrival to Enoch... what could it be? An advanced alien race? Time travel shenanigans? A top secret mission before the Flores?

That's the whole setup.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Any good character builds being shared yet for any of the classes? Really curious how different characters will end up being with different focuses.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
I'm gonna write up cliff notes on the journals / story setup for those who don't want to read them.

- We've fucked up the Earth; we did her dirty and now she's having massive earthquakes and tsunamis that are making it inhabitable.

- Countries come together to build two spaceships capable of interstellar travel; the Flores (main ship) and the Caravel (scout ship). The Flores can hold 500,000 people max. The Caravel is a scout ship with Outriders in it (elite soldiers) that are going to scout whatever planet they find first before the Flores lands.

- They find a suitable planet (Enoch). On liftoff, the Caravel malfunctions and blows up killing all the Outriders. In a desperate move, they try to build a new Outriders team filled with mostly mercenaries.

- The Flores finally reaches Enoch after 83 years of travel. You're sent down with your squad to scout the planet.This is the start of the prologue.

- The Anomaly storm happens and you're one of the lone survivors. You're put in a cryopod.

- You awaken 30 some years later in the middle of a war between two opposing factions — the ECA and the Insurgents / "Exiles". The latter feel like they've been done dirty by the ECA because they helped build the First City and were basically discarded after. The ECA is more practical, they know the First City can handle only a fraction of the 500,000 people that were awakened on the Flores.

- Important note on the backstory while you were asleep 30 years: They had a decision to make about those 500k people. The Flores was running ou of power and couldn't support the crypods anymore, but they knew the city could only support 50k so they had two options, 1) Awaken everyone and deal with the dire consequences (famine, slums, disease, crime, etc), or 2) Let them die a peaceful death in their pods. They went with door #1

- The First City is a mess and then the nuclear reactor its powered by melts down. They create Rift Town.

- Ok now back to your awakening. You awake and learn all the stuff above that happened, including the fact that the anomaly storms rendered every piece of electronic unusable, like an EMP.

- Now here's the big hook... there's a SIGNAL! A digital signal that's being broadcast. This shouldn't be possible because the storms knocked out all the electronics. Even more perplexing is the fact that this signal predates your arrival to Enoch... what could it be? An advanced alien race? Time travel shenanigans? A top secret mission before the Flores?

That's the whole setup.
No one read that, Phil. 😭

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
User Banned (3 Days): Antagonizing Fellow Member
It has endgame stuff - but let's not argue. I'm not going to reach that anyway.
I was only trying to tell how I feel about the game - and I am glad I got to try it on GP. But it probably just sounded negative and that was a mistake.
You sounded ridiculous.
Think before you write

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
So I played through the prologue knowing next to nothing about this game going in except its a looter shooter.

Felt like the Walmart version of Mass Effect: Andromeda up until you get thrown in the cryopod, then it gets more interesting. It has this 360/PS3 era TPS feel to it, and I kind of really like that.

I've enjoyed People Can Fly's other games so I'll probably keep going with this, it's nice to know it has a definitive end point and isn't something like Destiny or the Division where you're supposed to keep going forever.

Island

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No one read that, Phil. 😭
I got all of that, but still dont quite get the signal part.
They find a satellite in the prologue (was it from the Flores?) and the MC writes down the coordinates? So the MC wakes up and has the signal coordinates on his hand (which he shows to people and no one just writes it down), so they can go to the coordinates, but they need to find the signal first ? so they get a sat uplink and head to the radio tower that points them in the general direction (but they HAVE the coordinates)... the signal stuff is just kinda messy.

Edit: Maybe it makes more sense as you go.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
They find a satellite in the prologue (was it from the Flores?) and the MC writes down the coordinates? So the MC wakes up and has the signal coordinates on his hand (which he shows to people and no one just writes it down), so they can go to the coordinates, but they need to find the signal first ? so they get a sat uplink and head to the radio tower that points them in the general direction (but they HAVE the coordinates)... the signal stuff is just kinda messy.
All good questions, I'm not sure. Forgot about the hand coordinates thing

AM_LIGHT

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
How does the game perform on series S now ? I saw in the DF video of the demo that it had a lot of drops on series S

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Edit: Maybe it makes more sense as you go.
Don't think the hand stuff is coordinates, it's a frequency.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Man I really wish there were more customization options. I assume none unlock throughout the game right? The hair color options themselves are so poor ;( I always make blue-haired characters, but here you make brown, lighter brown or black.

Last edited:

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Man I really wish there were most customization options. I assume none unlock throughout the game right? The hair color options themselves are so poor ;( I always make blue-haired characters, but here you make brown, lighter brown or black.

Yeah the customization is poor and it was kinda funny that they made a point of saying "you can carry your customizations to the full game!"

woe is me if i had to pick one of the three faces and four hairs again for a new character. Thanks for saving my ten seconds PCF!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the customization is poor and it was kinda funny that they made a point of saying "you can carry your customizations to the full game!"

woe is me if i had to pick one of the three faces and four hairs again for a new character. Thanks for saving my ten seconds PCF!

Sadly I'm pretty sure their mention of carry over was for loot customization, not character customization.

Edit: Oh right as the post below me says, the sigil/banner customization.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

It's about the banner and sigil customization. Also in full game the truck one.
That's the actual customization that unlock stuff for

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I'm about to hit lvl 16 and im a 1/4 into tier 8. Its crazy how different it is for so many people.
I'm wearing level 20 gear, have barely died, and am only tier 6 - not sure if it's a server issue or something, but it really doesn't seem to be progressing towards tier 7. What's weird is, in the beta I was Tier 9 before I even got to this point I'm currently at.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
It's about the banner and sigil customization. Also in full game the truck one.
That's the actual customization that unlock stuff for

the flags we put on the checkpoints?
.....why would i want to customize that. diablo 3 had something similar iirc, i dont think i ever used it

truck sounds fun though

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Really enjoying the first few hours on PC. I've been lucky to have zero problems so far and once the skills start coming together, the game just goes to a whole other level. Enjoy that roaming around does have its rewards so there's a reason to explore. Think I'll be sinking quite a few hours into this, very happy with the purchase.

edit: anyone else getting crash reports after quitting the game on Steam? Never seen that Unreal crash window before.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Really enjoying the first few hours on PC. I've been lucky to have zero problems so far and once the skills start coming together, the game just goes to a whole other level. Enjoy that roaming around does have its rewards so there's a reason to explore. Think I'll be sinking quite a few hours into this, very happy with the purchase.

edit: anyone else getting crash reports after quitting the game on Steam? Never seen that Unreal crash window before.
Had the same problem in the demo. Any time I quit the game I got an Unreal crash window.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Is anyone else having issues opening doors? I'm stuck in the room where you save Eva Lopez.

took me a while to realize you have to hold the button for a while instead of pressing but you sound like you're far ahead to not know that

no idea, why not?
Shows up behind you in the lobby too. It's just a small thing

its just a minor issue too, im enjoying the game
its just weird how much more customization options something like borderlands have for example where you barely see your character and this one where you see your character all the goddamn time have like eight

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got to world level 7 and this is no joke. I don't know if it's because of the world level or this particular fight is just silly but trying to take down three elites at the same time when they're doing this much damage to you feels basically impossible.

🤣

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
Sad sight that people are review bombing the game on Steam because this is their first ever online game release day experience so they have hard time dealing with server issues that always happen.

Issue here though its not a GAAS its a lengthy campaign that can be played single player, which many people (myself included) want exclusively solo.

So the comments from steam are quite fair, I have had problems playing the game all day and I had a day off to take advantage of. I am on PS5, if I could I would refund it and buy later on cheaper when its hopefully fixed like I could with Steam.

Last edited:

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Outside the long sign in time, it's been working fine for me -shrug-

But yeah, game ain't easy as Technomancer lol. I love how much empesis there is on the abilities though. Short cool downs and some really fun scaling on mods is neat. I'm using some that make my chain gun do more damage the more enemies it takes down while also giving it 100% more ammo and armor boosts. It really is the best part of this one.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
How does autoloot work? Does it collect stuff automatically when you leave a zone? I have it set up to grab all but I still need to pick up stuff

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
How does autoloot work? Does it collect stuff automatically when you leave a zone? I have it set up to grab all but I still need to pick up stuff
It's set to down on the d-pad, not sure about PC. So basically, rather than run over to something, you can just press a button and take everything in the area. I believe it also auto collects anything you didn't grab when you leave an area, but can't say 100% for sure.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017

Yes, it will pick up everything at or above the rarity you set the threshold at in the options when you die or leave a zone. You can also trigger a zone-wide autoloot by pressing down on the d-pad, which loots everything including quest items that are pickable.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Man I really wish there were more customization options. I assume none unlock throughout the game right? The hair color options themselves are so poor ;( I always make blue-haired characters, but here you make brown, lighter brown or black.
I found it weird his few options there was, especially with things like colors, but then leave in the option to change your look at every camp

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Does this have random loot drops like Diablo with epics, levendaries etc or fixed rng loot gear drops like Dark Souls

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Does this have random loot drops like Diablo with epics, levendaries etc or fixed rng loot gear drops like Dark Souls
Looks like completely random drops. Some missions guarantee a certain quality, and the fact that you can change mods on any piece of gear or weapon helps to alleviate getting "bad" rolls, but yeah...it's randomized, with drop chances for Legendaries/Rare determined by Player level and World Tier.

Belker

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna write up cliff notes on the journals / story setup for those who don't want to read them. This is basically just backstory from the journals and very early parts of the game.

That's the whole setup.
Thanks for this. Saves time sitting through the boring cutscenes.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure I can play Pyro. I like the fire concept, but the quick movement of Technomancer and Devastator is sooooo valuable imo. I find myself in the open getting sniped too much without an quick, easy way to get to them. I wish all classes had a move like that. Maybe even as default.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
How is matchmaking on PS5? The demo never found any groups for me over multiple attempts so I was worried about that