Day 6 and Game End
OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Kyanrute has died!

Hello, welcome, and thank you for taking part in Overblood 2 Mafia. I am your host, Fanto, and you will be playing the part of…

3vCsW0e.png

Raz Karcy, the Ninja, and you are aligned with Overblood 1 (Mafia).

The protagonist of Overblood 1, you are here to rewrite history and erase this sequel from existence!

At night, you may submit the command Ninja: Player Name.

This will override the Mafia faction kill and you will remain unseen while performing it.

You may also submit the Mafia faction kill with the command Kill: Player Name.

The game thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/overblood-2-mafia-ot-welcome-to-hell.698368/

The Mafia thread is here: https://www.outermafia.com/threads/911/

You will win the game when Overblood 1 controls 50% or more of the votes.

And with that, all threats to Town have been eliminated!

Rac has won the game!

Hello, welcome, and thank you for taking part in Overblood 2 Mafia. I am your host, Fanto, and you will be playing the part of…

ybGinH6.jpg

Raz Karcy, the Vanilla Townie, and you are aligned with East Edge City (Town).

The owner of the D-NA bar in East Edge City, you are also a leader in an underground group trying to fight against the evil Hayano Industries.

You have no special abilities, but you can still vote during the day.

The game thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/overblood-2-mafia-ot-welcome-to-hell.698368/

You will win the game when all threats to East Edge City have been eliminated.

Zippedpinhead has won the game!

px4o6yl.png

Agibat, the Merchant, and you are aligned with East Edge City (Town).

A merchant in East Edge City, you are known for selling an assortment of fine wares to your loyal customers down on Shop Street.

During the day, you may submit the command Sell: Player Name.

The following night, your target will be presented with your item list and the choice to select one for themselves.

Once an item has been selected, it will be considered out of stock, and not shown to any new targets.

Your item list is:
1 Banana
1 Horsemeat Burgar
1 Healing Spray

Your target will be told how to use the item once they have received it.

AllThingsPurple has won the game!

YykC6eZ.jpg

Acarno Brani, the Vanilla Townie, and you are aligned with East Edge City (Town).

An aspiring junkblade racer, you arrived in East Edge City and were immediately thrown into a plot far beyond your wildest imaginations.

You have no special abilities, but you can still vote during the day.

TheChuggernaut has won the game!

dBeKWXx.png

Gumbo the Robot, the Motion Detector, and you are aligned with East Edge City (Town).

A robot that patrols the grounds of Billboard Island, you make sure that no trespassers come aboard.

At night, you may submit the command Detect: Player Name.

If your target visited, or was visited by, another player, you will receive "Motion Detected".

Otherwise, you will receive "No Motion Detected".

And everyone else on Town has won the game too, yayyyy!

Thank you for playing to everyone who both signed up and replaced in! This was a really fun game to run, so I hope everyone had fun as well.

It came down to the wire, but Town pulled it out in the end with the back-to-back-to-back finish, well done! Scum played great in the early days, but after the Oracle reveal and Sparks not having the PR they thought he did, the PoE tightened really quickly and Town navigated their way to the end almost flawlessly.

Boards should be open on OM soon. Thanks again for playing everyone!

rac

Oct 25, 2017
do you know that was the first time ive ever been on a 'final screen', wild

i gotta do some serious soul searching before i play mafia again
woof

Oct 25, 2017
do you know that was the first time ive ever been on a 'final screen', wild

i gotta do some serious soul searching before i play mafia again
woof

granted i did not read the whole game, but i thought you were really obviously town at the end there which is a pretty good game in my book. town 100% needed to be in lock step at the end there or we would have lost and we didn't really struggle too much with that

Oct 25, 2017
Really great game to participate in + spec the rest of, well done everyone. Great job by town pulling themselves together and finding the PoE as they went (and by Random just posting it :cor:), rough end for scum but y'all did a really good job early to mid game too, this game could definitely have went either way for a large portion of it's run. rac don't feel bad about your reads buddy, very early on you were extremely town readable and that can mean so much when trying to form a PoE to work through the game with, just keep being you and playing your way. Hilarious attempt by zeke to get through that second last day phase haha. Thanks for running the game Fanto, and everyone who participated to get the game here and help watch, mod etc.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Really great game to participate in + spec the rest of, well done everyone. Great job by town pulling themselves together and finding the PoE as they went (and by Random just posting it :cor:), rough end for scum but y'all did a really good job early to mid game too, this game could definitely have went either way for a large portion of it's run. rac don't feel bad about your reads buddy, very early on you were extremely town readable and that can mean so much when trying to form a PoE to work through the game with, just keep being you and playing your way.
You barely escaped. We targeted you the night you won lol.

Hilarious attempt by zeke to get through that second last day phase haha.
I was about to start open wolfing til I saw that potential opening lol.
That Justified gif had rac's quote about "vere was the alternative to you" with it along with me sayin "I was so annoyed seeing Vere as the last vote on HP"

Funky Dude Sparks I really overthought you exchanges with me in the game lol

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm cool with talking about balance as well if anyone wants to btw, just since it seems like the game ended in a pretty chill way.

Overall, I think the balance came together pretty well. One of the main things was how the items could have possibly been given to and used by Scum too, so when you consider how things could have gone had they gotten a Freezer or Switcher shot early in the game, it might have really messed with Town. The Item Vendors only targeting Town def helped them in the long run here.

There was a lot of protection on Townside, so that's why Scum had the Bomb, as I had been expecting them to miss at least one kill at night but didn't want to give them a Strong shot when they already had an infinite Ninja.

Scum was probably a bit underpowered compared to Town here even with the infinite Ninja/Vanilla Cop shots, but as said above, when you consider they had a chance to receive any of those items too, I didn't want to give them too much right off the bat, so hopefully Scum doesn't feel like they were hurting for powers too much.

Donnie's role was funny to balance around lol. The Banana would have been a "hot potato" item had anyone else received it, where they would be instructed to pass it on to someone else the next night. So I had been envisioning this world where people would be posting like "Uhhh, does anyone need this Banana?" and Donnie just sitting there on the edge of his seat, screaming, but unable to post about it lol. Instead he did some really slick breadcrumbing and attracted the exact person he needed to target him, and received the Banana straight out. The Item Steal shot that Rac received was also meant as a kind of backdoor way for Donnie to win.

The "Unusual" label was mainly for the PR/Vanilla balance with there only being 4 Vanillas, the odd roles like the VIP, Oracle, Sleepwalker, Banana Kid, having 2 Item Vendors that are both Town, having an Even night role with no Odd night counterpart, stuff like that all made me want to label it Unusual rather than Normal. So hopefully that labeling makes sense here with all the cards on the table now as I know there was some speculation about that during the game.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome game!! So fun. Wish I had listed longer lol. Scum played really well, you all were really hard to read.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I had a lot of fun figuring this one out, thank you all for giving me some leeway a few days ago as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Donniewahlberg you posted the exact right gifs in order for me to provide you the opportunity to buy the banana.

predator-schwarzenegger.gif

My absolute MVP, you saved me from death and gave me a dub, thanks man. Yeah I loved the mind meld there, you got exactly what i wanted to convey, Fanto told me in spec she couldn't figure out what the exchange had even been at first lmao but it was just a pure moment where we could both see exactly what our roles were haha. I felt bad leaving the game after you helped me out but it helped town out at least since it effectively cancelled the kill for the night.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
My two lessons from my limited viewing:

1) Donnie is somehow more town as a neutral than when he's town, and he's pretty townie as town too.
2) Whenever Random is next on the replacement list scum might want to think about an uhh "strategic" replacement.

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
Good game, nice job townies - that reverse sweep in those final day phases was a really cool thing to watch.
Thanks Fanto for designing / running it and everyone who played / reviewed / watched over the game.

Oracle, VIP and bomb were are all fun and not something I had played with before. I like the on-death power ups, gave the game a unique feel.
Glad that the "Two of the same role, must not be aligned" trap was avoided on the shopkeepers, although a shopkeeper with mystery items that backfire on the recipient could be a fun scum role in a more bastard-y game.

Looks like Rac claimed "scum" flavor towards the end there (or at least the same character name as Kyan) - could have been a funny flavor gotcha for all the Overblood lore experts in the chat.