• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Good game and thank you Fanto!

I think my favorite post was in scum chat. HP simply saying "I'm going to shit on Donnie tomorrow." I don't know why that short post killed me. The scum chat in general was fire in a good way. You were all coordinated as hell.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Fanto for designing / running it and everyone who played / reviewed / watched over the game.

Looks like Rac claimed "scum" flavor towards the end there (or at least the same character name as Kyan) - could have been a funny flavor gotcha for all the Overblood lore experts in the chat.

yeah i think the balance of this game is really cool

also huh, what?? i claimed scum flavor too?
add it to the list i guess

Oct 25, 2017
1) Donnie is somehow more town as a neutral than when he's town, and he's pretty townie as town too.

Lmao what can I say, kill me and I flip green. The community meta is heavily skewed towards killing neutrals immediately and I would have accepted that rather than be a distraction but I just really like to play and try and figure out the puzzle. I'm always going to gravitate towards supporting town to the best degree I can lol

I think my favorite post was in scum chat. HP simply saying "I'm going to shit on Donnie tomorrow." I don't know why that short post killed me.

Lmfao HP must have posted this during the bully hour. I'm still waiting for him though :donnieyes:

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you so much Fanto for the game, as well as everyone else involved in designing, reviewing, scheduling, moderating, and running it! It was really well put together, felt very balanced, and most important of all was very fun.

GGs to scum, y'all played well.

Proud of town for sticking together and taking things home in my absence.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
Good game and thank you Fanto!

I think my favorite post was in scum chat. HP simply saying "I'm going to shit on Donnie tomorrow." I don't know why that short post killed me. The scum chat in general was fire in a good way. You were all coordinated as hell.
Oh yeah right, so I picked up on the fact that Donnie wasn't actually posting any reads, he was just asking for other people's opinions. Was gonna push it but I figured he was too town read to make it worthwhile lol.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Scum was probably a bit underpowered compared to Town here even with the infinite Ninja/Vanilla Cop shots, but as said above, when you consider they had a chance to receive any of those items too, I didn't want to give them too much right off the bat, so hopefully Scum doesn't feel like they were hurting for powers too much.

The "Unusual" label was mainly for the PR/Vanilla balance with there only being 4 Vanillas
I think one change that wouldve been better, with most of the game having PRs, is making the Vanilla Cop a Role Cop. Doesnt seem like scum gets much use out of a Vanilla Cop role unless Town has a limited number of PRs. Feels like it's a town role meant to catch scum lying about vanilla claims.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
geeze town really lucked out with me picking the heat pack thinking it might be a gun

first of all it wasn't a gun, so yeah
second i used it on a dying townie, also good considering my reads
thirdly imagine if i picked freeze and used it on fate

crazy

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I think one change that wouldve been better, with most of the game having PRs, is making the Vanilla Cop a Role Cop. Doesnt seem like scum gets much use out of a Vanilla Cop role unless Town has a limited number of PRs. Feels like it's a town role meant to catch scum lying about vanilla claims.
Yeah, that probably would have been a good call. Like I said, I was trying to limit Scum power cuz in balancing I was really worried about them getting items too, so I opted not to do the full Role Cop. In hindsight though, it probably wouldn't have been that big of a deal, and it def would have helped you guys more on the information front.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, that probably would have been a good call. Like I said, I was trying to limit Scum power cuz in balancing I was really worried about them getting items too, so I opted not to do the full Role Cop. In hindsight though, it probably wouldn't have been that big of a deal, and it def would have helped you guys more on the information front.
Understood.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Good game everyone, and thanks to Fanto for running it (as well as everyone else involved).

Carried to victory again, feels good.

RIP softball questions 2023-2023

rac

Oct 25, 2017
just had an itchy feeling that i couldn't drop

im a very tunnelly player so i gotta work on that

rac

Oct 25, 2017
hey there's two sides to everything

hopefully we can both shake it off and continue to play on
eventually for me