• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
This came out of nowhere this morning.

Override is a 3D mech fighter/brawler that looks kind of like a cross between War of the Monsters and something like J-Stars or Gundam Versus. Visuals are spectacular and game looks fun as hell. It's being developed by a Brazilian studio called The Balance Inc. and published by Modus Games.

- Story mode
- Competitive multiplayer
- 4 player co op controlling a single mech
- Split screen play

And it's out on December 4th!
$29.99 digital standard
$39.99 deluxe physical

Trailer:

Some additional information:
https://gematsu.com/2018/07/override-mech-city-brawl-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc

Last edited:

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018
I appreciate the folding chair at :55.

Looks like it's all pre-built mechs with no sign of customization, which is a little disappointing for the genre. Still, I'm excited to see how this goes. Edit: I guess there's visual customization? That's certainly welcome.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can never have enough mechs and that looks fun
It really does. And local co-op? And 1-2-3-4 options?

tumblr_n4jppoJldu1roihxco4_r1_250.gif

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Graphics look great but it need some more speed and a bit more comboey looking gameplay.

4 on 4 with each player controlling body, legs and 2 arms separately is very interesting though. Has anyone did this before??

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Man, Arena Fighters are just becoming more popular huh?

Alright, well, hopefully, this one is better than most.

Harken Raiser

Oct 25, 2017
I remember the original kickstarter for this. Back then it was just the 4 players in one mech mode and it was more of a goofy physics sandbox, like QWOP meets Goat Simulator.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Yo this looks great! Been looking for another mech game as gversus is slowing down and virtual on didn't come over!

GIMME DIS SWEET MECH ACTION

NO WAIFUS

LOCAL MULTI

Bring on the beta!

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
Tons of potential, but it feels like they're going out of their way to avoid showing the city destruction/interaction. Alpha build, I know, so hopefully it will be showcased in the future. Very interested in a War of the Monsters spiritual successor.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This looks interesting.

I'd be down for a Versus-like game without all my extra Gundam baggage and issues attached to it.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Hm, I feel like a lot of the impacts aren't sold they way I want them to be. I think it's because I'm thinking about things like Powerstone and Robotic Alchemic Drive, which often have more Zelda-like hitstop on their blows.

Doesn't really matter though, the full package sounds ambitious! Was a price for it mentioned?

I love the availability of Split Screen and the 4- Co-Op, too.

Glad to see it's coming out to XB1, also.

It's weird that there's SO MANY Arena fighters in a way, but at the same time, none of them seem to scratch the Powerstone itch... like... at all, lol. But I'm all for giving new ones a chance.

The Robot with the Scarf reminds me of Dyth from Summon Night 5.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Looks very cool, at the right price I'd actually be interested especially with local coop. The 4player in 1 robot seems like a fun gimick.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
There is a waifu bot tho... which is right up my alley.

Anyways, this is giving me "War of the Monsters" [ps2] vibes! Wow wow wow. Even down to the splitscreen!!!! Looks so arcadey and FUN! Like the good ol days where games were less "cinematic" and more gamey. Wow wow wow!

Love that you can knock people into buildings and stuff.

Reminds me of War Of Monsters on the PS2

OMG you too! Man I used to play the demo disc all day and finally got it!!! Game was legit!!!!

High five me bro! Don't leave me hanging!