Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Everything about this seems like perfection.

Goddamn what a great year for mech fans.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
What the fuck, this looks incredible. Like the love kid of War of the Monsters and Robot Alchemic Drive. So many modes! So much visual variety and color in the mech designs!

And man! I've been clamoring for a combiner-controlled mecha (P1 controls left arm, etc) game for literally three decades, since Voltron.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Well, I mean, anime has been doing that since the 70s.

Which makes it all the more mind-boggling that it never made it into any game (that I know of).

Man, if this game includes Robot Alchemic Drive's control mode of having the legs mapped to the L and R buttons and the arms mapped to the analog sticks I'll jump with joy. Seems a bit too fast-paced for it, though.

SenseiX

Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty cool. Will sign up for the beta.

Edit: official site has a characters section. Really liking these designs.
Watchbot-1.png

Contessa-1.png

Last edited:

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
this looks AWESOME. looks like war of monster with some vs gundam mixed in. also love the idea of 4 player controlling different part of robot, lol

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great. I played a lot of War of the Monsters with my friends. I've been wondering why there aren't any modern games like it lately, so I'm pleased.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I got a Steam key, but I'm already in the PS4 beta.

Anyone here wants the Steam key?

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
so, impressions:
-no tutorial of any kind
-controls are very imprecise and clunky
-no way to practice combos in training mode because no opponent is spawned
-no descriptions of any ability of any mech
-no descriptions of mech at all tbh
-cant rebind controls
-cant change graphcis ingame (only through ini files)
-playing with gamepad is death sentence, gonna get bodied by kb/m players
-special moves of characters are kinda whack
-stupid 2 button super as a comeback mechanic that does crazy damage
-random weapon drops on the map, not a fan
-on PC there are FPS issues on i5 2500k / gtx770, drops to 40 due to effects

yea i am not feeling this game and i love fighting games

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Never heard of this but the designs are pretty sweet.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
OK, my two cents.

+ Mecha designs are beautiful, and so are the cities. Really polished and professional look.
+ The freeform combat is interesting. You can charge up to three limbs at once (you can't charge both legs at once), and release them at any time. This means you can, say, punch the opponent in the middle of your spin kick animation. This is similar and probably inspired by Robot Alchemic Drive. It also borrows being able to do a two handed punch with both buttons at once, etc.
- The camera is absolutely awful, nausea central. Screen shake is very poorly implemented, especially when looking down, and can't be turned off. There's a huge amount of screen shake, sometimes in response to seemingly nothing.
- Characters feel way, way too similar. Most basic attacks are the same; many special attacks (of which each has a grand total of 4) are mechanically similar (e.g. straightforward projectile). No characters transform as a core mechanic; one transforms as its ultimate (and is quite underwhelming) and another curls up and rolls forward with one of its special attacks, but that's about it. There's no character that has dual modes as a core mechanic. This is a hugely missed opportunity because a game like this needs everything it can get to differentiate its characters apart. RAD had just three characters, one of them transformed into a tank and the other into a ship.
- As a consequence of the open-ended attack design, basic attacks look really underwhelming. Standard punches don't even have your character step forward or twist its waist.
- Sound design is an afterthought. Underwhelming sounds for everything, same music track for all stages, half of the sound effects are missing. The latter two wouldn't be so worrying if not for the December 8 release date.
- Characters are too floaty. It's really hard to get vertical speed right in a game like this, because bigger things appear to move slower, but it's excessive here. Even regular jumps feel like the characters are underwater.
- Buildings feel like they're made of paper. Their destruction animations are great, but characters walk though them as if they weren't there. This betrays the sense of scale.

There's a lot of potential here, but I feel it would take far longer than four months to realize it, which is unfortunate. :(

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
OK, my two cents.

+ Mecha designs are beautiful, and so are the cities. Really polished and professional look.
+ The freeform combat is interesting. You can charge up to three limbs at once (you can't charge both legs at once), and release them at any time. This means you can, say, punch the opponent in the middle of your spin kick animation. This is similar and probably inspired by Robot Alchemic Drive. It also borrows being able to do a two handed punch with both buttons at once, etc.
- The camera is absolutely awful, nausea central. Screen shake is very poorly implemented, especially when looking down, and can't be turned off. There's a huge amount of screen shake, sometimes in response to seemingly nothing.
- Characters feel way, way too similar. Most basic attacks are the same; many special attacks (of which each has a grand total of 4) are mechanically similar (e.g. straightforward projectile). No characters transform as a core mechanic; one transforms as its ultimate (and is quite underwhelming) and another curls up and rolls forward with one of its special attacks, but that's about it. There's no character that has dual modes as a core mechanic. This is a hugely missed opportunity because a game like this needs everything it can get to differentiate its characters apart. RAD had just three characters, one of them transformed into a tank and the other into a ship.
- As a consequence of the open-ended attack design, basic attacks look really underwhelming. Standard punches don't even have your character step forward or twist its waist.
- Sound design is an afterthought. Underwhelming sounds for everything, same music track for all stages, half of the sound effects are missing. The latter two wouldn't be so worrying if not for the December 8 release date.
- Characters are too floaty. It's really hard to get vertical speed right in a game like this, because bigger things appear to move slower, but it's excessive here. Even regular jumps feel like the characters are underwater.
- Buildings feel like they're made of paper. Their destruction animations are great, but characters walk though them as if they weren't there. This betrays the sense of scale.

There's a lot of potential here, but I feel it would take far longer than four months to realize it, which is unfortunate. :(

You should write all of this to the devs. Great, very informative post, thanks!!

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OK, my two cents.

Yeah, this sums up how I felt especially the combat since it's cool that your able to charge up more than one limb for an attack but the basic attack itself is lackluster, it's has no impact it and a bit awkward when attacking the opponent.

Appearance wise it's eye candy but actually playing it is something else and it's not satisfying.

Last edited:

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would have loved to get this title and probably will eventually..... but dam thats a badly timed release date. It might work and get parents to buy it cause it's cheaper than Smash but Smash will absolutely destroy holiday sales.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
OK, my two cents.

They should consider releasing it as Early Access and during that period iron things out over time :S
This releasing in December is a very bad move since that's when the Winter Seal is, good luck selling anything during that period >_>

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This looks cooler than I thought. War of Monsters from PS2 vibe!

I think they should have done the Rocket League PS plus thing, seems like it's good enough to build a community.