carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Actually didn't expect it for Switch. Very nice.

Now I'm glad I didn't end up buying the first one on there, I can just wait for this!

I guess the tech isn't much more advanced?

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
Actually didn't expect it for Switch. Very nice.

Now I'm glad I didn't end up buying the first one on there, I can just wait for this!

I guess the tech isn't much more advanced?
It's iterating on it. Aside from maybe needing some under the hood upgrades to accomodate for single player/story FPS sized maps I can imagine not much of consequence has changed.

It's essentially an in place upgrade.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if we shall get HDR this time?
I hope so!
I am excited for Overwatch 2. It's silly but I am excited for the story missions and especially the replayable co-op missions. I know it's not a direct comparison, but back in high school, me and my friend played so much of the co-op missions on Uncharted 2. This kind of reminded me of it, so I am excited at the dumb replayability of it. Also all the other enhancements we can get, and it seems like we're getting a lot more maps and heros at launch. I love OW1, but recently the game's had a slow drip of content, so seeing this excites me.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
To make it even more clear Nintendo of America's twitter account retweeted the Overwatch 2 tweet that contains the video. Good to see that confirmation.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I think this all sounds pretty solid to be honest. Admittedly the messaging is unusual but perhaps this is the kind of thing we're going to see more often with these titanic GaaS games. They're big successful games with huge communities and popping out a genuine sequel sets you back a long way in terms of content breadth as well as risks that you simply don't carry your playerbase over.

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
I ignored OW1 because its all pvp related only really played during PvE events, so this will be a day 1 purchase

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'm here for the PVE co-op modes, such a great diverse cast of abilities in this game it's fun to mix and match them in these horde modes essentially.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Never bothered with the last one but if the PvE is decent I'm in for this one.

Edit: Oh. Oh no I am not. Fuck yourselves Acti-Blizzard. Going to be voting with my wallet and standing with Hong Kong on this one.

Last edited:

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
I just want the shield Meta to be over honestly, BarrierWatch hasnt been the most fun to play.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Mercy looks like a soccer mom now
what does this even mean lol

GztkWyv.jpg

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
With Overwatch 2, they wanna redefine what a sequel means. For all Overwatch players, you will get to play on all of the same maps as Overwatch 2 players and same heroes. It's a shared multiplayer environment where no one gets left behind.
"We want to redefine what a sequel means. So we're gonna call an expansion a sequel even though it blatantly isn't."

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
Loved the cinematic. Really looking forward to seeing more!

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I'll admit as a person still pissed off at Blizzard for their China ordeal and a terribly they handled it afterwards, the cinematic definitely had me hyped.

Good to hear that OW1 will still he getting support with receiving new maps and characters. And the only thing that will have to be paid is the PvE modes it seems?

Plus loving the new designs, especially Mercy's! And looking forward to seeing Sojourn and Echo in action!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
good to have confirmation but also unsurprising, it would make no sense for them to have two separate executables

basically base game update + PvE expansion is confirmed
We pretty much came to that conclusion, so I'm surprised that they didn't just straight up say it and avoid all the confusion.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
We pretty much came to that conclusion, so I'm surprised that they didn't just straight up say it and avoid all the confusion.
well, they are calling it Overwatch 2 and not Overwatch Story-Mode Paid Expansion

hard not to feel like it's very intended that they didn't just come out and say this and make it clear on stage

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the character designs are fantastic, the tiny bit of narrative is interesting, but there's just that one thing.

Blizzard cares more about making China mad than it does about free speech. Hard pass on this one. Shame, would have liked to have some payoff for having so many cool characters besides shooting them.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
So this is how they get around the whole "all DLC will be free" thing huh?

If I ever get this, I'll pick it up used when it's like $20 bucks or something.

They'ed have to change the game a lot more radically than just some PvE modes and their too-little-too-late attempt at adding an actual story to the jumbled mess Blizzard halfheartedly calls "lore" to warrant a $60 price tag.