Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
What exactly did you all think a mirrorverse theme would be?
I don't know… maybe that it wasn't just good is bad, bad is good, but more themed opposite. I didn't think it was gonna be just a team swap thing. Like that Symm skin isn't a mirror skin I think, but it still gives me like a vibe of if she wasn't an elegant architect, but a rough chaotic person. More stuff with that mindset idk.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
How can anyone look at this and call it a flop??

GK5tPtHWsAAAPcE

She ate and left no crumbs. Evil Mercy >>>>>>

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
The mirrorverse skins need a healthy amount of new voicelines to really sell it. If you have "evil tracer" but she just has the normal Tracer voicelines, that's no good. That aspect will make or break the skins which otherwise look kinda bland overall.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
I don't know… maybe that it wasn't just good is bad, bad is good, but more themed opposite. I didn't think it was gonna be just a team swap thing. Like that Symm skin isn't a mirror skin I think, but it still gives me like a vibe of if she wasn't an elegant architect, but a rough chaotic person. More stuff with that mindset idk.
Yeah I agree, when I think of "heroes become villains and villains become heroes" my brain didnt go to "what if we put everyone in their team skins and then inverted it 🤯 ", but more over the top stuff like a comically evil Reinhardt or super hero Doomfist...not just slapping those guys into themed team skins from "the other side". It works for some of the heroes but it's a really boring way to handle the theme overall IMO

idk the skins go hardest when Blizzard is taking risks and making deep cuts from the theme and not just going for surface level aesthetics and all the overwatch/talon swaps just FEEL like surface level swaps to me

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Yeah I agree, when I think of "heroes become villains and villains become heroes" my brain didnt go to "what if we put everyone in their team skins and then inverted it 🤯 ", but more over the top stuff like a comically evil Reinhardt or super hero Doomfist...not just slapping those guys into themed team skins from "the other side". It works for some of the heroes but it's a really boring way to handle the theme overall IMO
Yeh Rein could have been on some Bane type shit with tubes and looked like a nasty Talon super villain. And yeh Doomfist being outfitted in hero gear would have went hard.

How can anyone look at this and call it a flop??

GK5tPtHWsAAAPcE

She ate and left no crumbs. Evil Mercy >>>>>>
This combo looks good. The skull face is goofy as fuck, and it doesn't feel like Mercy but Talon with how you can change the color.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Easy skip for me, the Symm skin was the only one to grab my attention, and not enough to pull me away from the trifecta of magician/mermaid/dragon

Lol Brig,we finally get her a skin in a BP and she still takes the L

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, that's what I was expecting as well. I certainly didn't expect - nor want - most of the skins to just be wearing Overwatch and Talon uniforms.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
These skins are fun. I clocked Widow's bionic eye earlier thinking about it practically but its been pointed out to me that Talon Ana has both her eyes and per the character lore Widow was the one who hurt it originally. It's small but that stuff is really fun to notice.

Soiks

Oct 27, 2017
Comp has felt absolutely horrible recently. Really feels like the majority of my games are getting decided by whichever team has a player that absolutely feeds their brains out rather than anything else. Anyone else experiencing this?

aurens

Mar 24, 2024
is this the first mythic skin that doesn't waste one of the palette swaps on being mostly a boring-ass tan/brown?

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
More than anything to fix OW I wish the game had some video or screen that really hammered into to everyone what feeding is and how bad it is. To the point even a child could understand. Then you get to play.

Tommy Showbiz

Jul 20, 2022
More than anything to fix OW I wish the game had some video or screen that really hammered into to everyone what feeding is and how bad it is. To the point even a child could understand. Then you get to play.

The game would really benefit from some kind of "smart" tips that could accurately pinpoint why you're dying. Like if you die in a 1v5 and the rest of your team is still miles away from you, the game should be able to calculate certain parameters like the distance of your team from where you were or how preventable it was.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The game would really benefit from some kind of "smart" tips that could accurately pinpoint why you're dying. Like if you die in a 1v5 and the rest of your team is still miles away from you, the game should be able to calculate certain parameters like the distance of your team from where you were or how preventable it was.

Another example where this would be helpful: I just had a match where the tank switched to another tank every single time they died (which was constantly), and as a result NEVER got their ult. A smart tip that warned how much ult charge they just lost on each switch might actually get them to think about it next time.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little unenthusiastic about the mirror skins. Not that they aren't allright, but I didn't expect them to be so centered on Overwatch colors. I kinda just thought they would be happy fun skins for the baddies and dark edgy skins for the goodies.

That said, Mercy's skin is aces and well worth the price, alone.

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017
Comp has felt absolutely horrible recently. Really feels like the majority of my games are getting decided by whichever team has a player that absolutely feeds their brains out rather than anything else. Anyone else experiencing this?
Wouldn't call it a consistent experience but definitely felt it yesterday. Maybe the first time since the launch of the first Overwatch that I cussed out a tank. He was Hamster, the rest of the team was McCree, Soldier, Ana, Moira. It was defense on Gibraltar. He just kept feeding the other team diving with Hamster. When we pointed out that we were losing the objective and dying to ults every 30 seconds because he feeds, he just said we had to go dive too since he had the best stats. Got me seeing red for a few seconds, the sheer misunderstanding of basic cause and effect. Meanwhile the other team's Mei was just throwing her ult on the payload constantly.

fixing ranger

Aug 24, 2021

Yeah both comp and QP for me, that was last week for me, so I kinda checked out until the next season. My MMR is high plat for the reference; I found it is very common to have one person in the lobby who is just clueless. Not that they are bad, it is just obvious that they do not belong there. Sometimes it goes the other way, one team will have somebody who is really good.

I understand that matchmaking is complicated and especially in the game like OW, but yeah sometimes you just look at stats and somebody will have less dmg, less elims and more deaths. Sometimes there is an excuse, but most of the time they are not farmed by flankers, countered by specific heroes, etc. E.g. when you have a Soldier who is low on stats you just know something is amiss.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Another example where this would be helpful: I just had a match where the tank switched to another tank every single time they died (which was constantly), and as a result NEVER got their ult. A smart tip that warned how much ult charge they just lost on each switch might actually get them to think about it next time.
Nothing is going to ever help those people lol

LiK

Oct 25, 2017

End of season Comp will always be extra shit.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
There should be two that are color swaps if they stick with tradition. Hopefully it's good looking. I do not like their default outfit tbh.

True but they didn't give us one with Mauga :/

I didn't realise we hadn't seen all the BP skins yet. Do we know who the ultimate BP skins are? I guess Rein and Ana.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
There should be 2 legendary skins on the BP we haven't seen yet.

Almost certainly one of those is a Venture one.
They showed: Sym, Bap, Widow and DF. So one more legendary skin yet to be revealed.
And also Brig and Sombra, so probably one more epic too, because last few battle passes had only 3 epics.

Some of these skins can end up being part of the Ultimate BP pack tho. So yeah, until the embargo gets lifted or the patch drops, we won't know for sure. But the trailer showed 4 legendary and 2 epic BP skins.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
True but they didn't give us one with Mauga :/

I didn't realise we hadn't seen all the BP skins yet. Do we know who the ultimate BP skins are? I guess Rein and Ana.

Yea, Mauga was weird. You'd think they would have at least one but they ended up putting one in the Ult bundle and another in BP instead. I guess they stopped doing it after Illari.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Yea, Mauga was weird. You'd think they would have at least one but they ended up putting one in the Ult bundle and another in BP instead. I guess they stopped doing it after Illari.
If it's not a skin, it usually ends up being something else now. For example Illari launched with only two highlight intros and the standard was always 3 or more. But she still only has 2 highlight intros, only two extra equippable voice lines... etc.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
If it's not a skin, it usually ends up being something else now. For example Illari launched with only two highlight intros and the standard was always 3 or more. But she still only has 2 highlight intros, only two extra equippable voice lines... etc.

New heroes def need some dances day one.

Tommy Showbiz

Jul 20, 2022
They showed: Sym, Bap, Widow and DF. So one more legendary skin yet to be revealed.
And also Brig and Sombra, so probably one more epic too, because last few battle passes had only 3 epics.

Some of these skins can end up being part of the Ultimate BP pack tho. So yeah, until the embargo gets lifted or the patch drops, we won't know for sure. But the trailer showed 4 legendary and 2 epic BP skins.

Thought the Bap skin was an epic at first, but you might be right.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
To flip the script on the usual quick play matchmaking with master players and beyond, I just had one where I was on team broken and the other team suffered a cruel beat down.

But man, I could've welled up with tears of joy watching how all these players in non support roles would keep an eye on each other, peel if needed, went and grabbed health packs/knew where they were etc

I feared the worst seeing someone with a username to do with feeding pick wrecking ball, but anything but feeding occured.

...and then the next match was a "hello" fest where I did my rarity of quitting mid match when it was apparent that my team was just gonna play meet and greet with the enemy tank while the rest of their team played the game.
I have absolutely zero time for those matches, if you can call them that.

aurens

Mar 24, 2024
...and then the next match was a "hello" fest where I did my rarity of quitting mid match when it was apparent that my team was just gonna play meet and greet with the enemy tank while the rest of their team played the game.
I have absolutely zero time for those matches, if you can call them that.
i don't have any patience for those either. i had more than my fill of 'friendlies' back in my tf2 days. the custom browser is full of chill/kill servers so i don't understand why people feel the need to screw with QP games to do that.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
Really hate what Season 9 has done to Mystery Heroes. Matches can feel so tedious once the enemy gets two tanks and three support or vice versa. While it was tricky prior, it's a stone wall now.

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of understand through experience, but why the fuck isn't the rules for tiebreakers in ranked payload/hybrid easy to google? Whenever I google that shit I get some rulebook for tournaments or reddit posts from 4+ years ago.

OP
OP
Solidsnakejej

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
It depends on what you are asking since there isn't really a tiebreaker in the game. You can have OT and Draw scenarios, either one team goes further or both end at the same point its a draw.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I go a while without playing as Moira

Then I decide I want an easy game and play Moira

This character is so dumb lol, you get away with so much you shouldn't