Nixius

Feb 20, 2024
I hope they throw Ana a little something next season.

Also this might be controversial but I really don't like them bringing back previous season mythics, it takes away the sense of accomplishment of having rare skins but I get it, people don't like FOMO.

Last edited:

NeoRaider

Banned
Feb 7, 2018
Leak from Paladins dataminer.

Mythic Shop Leak

10 Mythic Prisms - $9.99

30 Mythic Prisms - $24.99

50 Mythic Prisms - $39.99

100 Mythic Prisms - $74.99

Mythic Shop:

Level 1 - 50 Mythic Prisms

Level 2 - 10 Mythic Prisms

Level 3 - 10 Mythic Prisms

Level 4 - 10 Mythic Prisms

Buy All - 80 Mythic Prisms

Misc:

Playstation Hero Starter Kit

Kiriko Legendary Skin (Mirrorwatch) + New POTG & Victory Pose & Avatar

Take it with a grain of salt but it's probably real from the PS store servers or something. Of course they couldn't resist giving Kiriko another skin and her 36th highlight intro...

Nixius

Feb 20, 2024
Leak from Paladins dataminer.

Mythic Shop Leak

10 Mythic Prisms - $9.99

30 Mythic Prisms - $24.99

50 Mythic Prisms - $39.99

100 Mythic Prisms - $74.99

Mythic Shop:

Level 1 - 50 Mythic Prisms

Level 2 - 10 Mythic Prisms

Level 3 - 10 Mythic Prisms

Level 4 - 10 Mythic Prisms

Buy All - 80 Mythic Prisms

Misc:

Playstation Hero Starter Kit

Kiriko Legendary Skin (Mirrorwatch) + New POTG & Victory Pose & Avatar

Take it with a grain of salt but it's probably real from the PS store servers or something. Of course they couldn't resist giving Kiriko another skin and her 36th highlight intro...
I was under the impression prisms are only from the BP but that was too good to be true I guess.

NeoRaider

Banned
Feb 7, 2018
Fuck yeah I want evil Kiriko. Especially if I'm not paying

I am not sure is the hero pack connected to the content listed below, but if it is, it can end up being her Null Sector skin from few seasons ago.

I was under the impression prisms are only from the BP but that was too good to be true I guess.

Pretty sure that it was confirmed that prisms will be directly purchasable too.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

No, it was always assumed they were paid. And as predicted, much like the rest of the market, it's around $60 for the full skin.

The only difference to Apex and Valorant is that it is actually earnable in the BP at least

Tommy Showbiz

Jul 20, 2022
I know people will meme on "le $60 dollar skin" but making them earnable via the BP and then charging for the equivalent of 3 skins for those who don't have the patience to fully kit them out seems fine? The flexibility is really the difference maker here.

They're still cheaper than Apex prestige skins lol

Last edited:

NeoRaider

Banned
Feb 7, 2018
I personally think that the Mythic skins should've never been available outside of the BP, but that's just me.
For them ofc this is yet another way to monetize the game even more, make profit and add yet another premium currency. It's a sad reality of today's live-service games.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, i am a fan of less FOMO and more players being able to get the skins. I am just saying that buying the BP during that season and grinding for the skin, finishing the BP was making them at least somewhat unique and not common. Now they are not that anymore. Also there is no compensation at all for players that purchased the BPs for these skins and for heroes.

Last edited:

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I personally think that the Mythic skins should've never been available outside of the BP, but that's just me.
For them ofc this is yet another way to monetize the game even more, make profit and add yet another premium currency. It's a sad reality of today's live-service games.

If they're all also achieveable in the BP, I don't see the issue. Now there's just less FOMO.

vmk

Sep 13, 2018
Hellcife
I'm fine with them selling previous mythics. I have all of them but the Moira one (and honestly, could not care less about this season's pass)
and i can wait to invest on next battle passes if i feel to, with a little bit less FOMO.

I came to reason with myself that i'm not getting all skins, playing the game alone is a joy to me in itself. Cosmetics are just a bonus
that i choose to indulge myself to, if i want.

Oct 25, 2017
Under that scheme, they're really 40 dollar skins with 10 dollar alternatives. Still pricey and still just a cosmetic and probably priced around what one would expect given the market...

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
For the playstation bundle skins, do you have to boot into a full on competitive match on playstation to have it activate on your account, or can I just pop into the training area and that'd be enough to have it get activated?

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
For the playstation bundle skins, do you have to boot into a full on competitive match on playstation to have it activate on your account, or can I just pop into the training area and that'd be enough to have it get activated?
Just roll through any queued mode and it should work. IIRC it will actually update automatically if you leave it booted up on a menu for long enough but playing through an arcade game or FFA or whatever is the fastest way to force it to sync to your account(if it behaves like other console-specific items/bundles)

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
Just roll through any queued mode and it should work. IIRC it will actually update automatically if you leave it booted up on a menu for long enough but playing through an arcade game or FFA or whatever is the fastest way to force it to sync to your account(if it behaves like other console-specific items/bundles)

oh okay, thank you!

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
My ability to land headshots/get picks with kiriko has fallen off a cliff in my half season break.
Maybe it's in part the increased health bars, and the fact it was the only projectile I recall not getting buffed in size.
And that's fine, it was way too easy to get quick kills for a support, but I feel like traaaash not being able to clip the wings off all these tracer players.

I can't quite figure out what makes new tracer so potent, maybe an army of small things.

Current meta (seemingly) is making me feel old, I'm stuck as tank or support having to crank my old man neck every which way with tracer, sombra, twitchy genji players or the usual hitscan parade out in full force to maximize trying to defend flanky Bois and ranged crack shots , my console control wasn't meant for all this u turning.
Just overwhelming my dusty bones

Tommy Showbiz

Jul 20, 2022
One thing I actually think is decent about monetizing mythic skins is that there is now incentive to actually go back and add new elements to previous skins. Imagine if they actually gave Hanzo some of the customization he got shorted on.

OP
OP
Solidsnakejej

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
My ability to land headshots/get picks with kiriko has fallen off a cliff in my half season break.
Maybe it's in part the increased health bars, and the fact it was the only projectile I recall not getting buffed in size.
And that's fine, it was way too easy to get quick kills for a support, but I feel like traaaash not being able to clip the wings off all these tracer players.

Her projectile size got a nerf mid season so you might be feeling that. Went from .18 to .25 to .225

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with them selling previous mythics. I have all of them but the Moira one (and honestly, could not care less about this season's pass)
and i can wait to invest on next battle passes if i feel to, with a little bit less FOMO.

I came to reason with myself that i'm not getting all skins, playing the game alone is a joy to me in itself. Cosmetics are just a bonus
that i choose to indulge myself to, if i want.

Yeah, which is how it should be. I got back into Apex for the FF7 skins and then quickly bounced back off because I simply wasn't having fun. OW2 for me is the most fun multiplayer shooter I can play, so I'll enjoy the skins. But I won't elsewhere.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
As long as we get the usual "full" Mythic in the BP I dont give a single shit how they price extra prisms in the shop. "Whale tax" on additional mythics keeps the """prestige""" of the skins and is exta money for Blizzard every season at no "cost" to the average player

Like if they're gonna try to squeeze out more money from the game that's gotta be like the least offensive way to do it imo

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know people will meme on "le $60 dollar skin" but making them earnable via the BP and then charging for the equivalent of 3 skins for those who don't have the patience to fully kit them out seems fine? The flexibility is really the difference maker here.

They're still cheaper than Apex prestige skins lol
Under that scheme, they're really 40 dollar skins with 10 dollar alternatives. Still pricey and still just a cosmetic and probably priced around what one would expect given the market...
With this mentality, those "expectations based on market" will soon see $60 skins as the norm, just like we see now with $20 skins being seen as a bargain.

It's crazy. $20 for a skin is a lot of money, I don't give a damn if Valorant or Apex or CSGO has more outlandish prices. Those are messed up too!

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With this mentality, those "expectations based on market" will soon see $60 skins as the norm, just like we see now with $20 skins being seen as a bargain.

It's crazy. $20 for a skin is a lot of money, I don't give a damn if Valorant or Apex or CSGO has more outlandish prices. Those are messed up too!

Mythic prisms are earn-able in the BP, so you can get any mythic going forward. This is just for impatient people.

Otherwise you could claim they were previously $100+, because you bet your ass I've seen that seasons mythic being used within the first hour of a new season.

NeoRaider

Banned
Feb 7, 2018
Mythic prisms are earn-able in the BP, so you can get any mythic going forward. This is just for impatient people.
Their main goal is to sell the previous mythic skins to ppl that missed them or were not able to get them for whatever reasons. BP gives you enough for one only, but let's not forget that we are at 10th mythic now.

Oct 25, 2017

They get priced that high because people pay for it.

People spend 60-80 bucks just going out a single night. Sure, they could spend it wisely by investing, but who am I to judge?

Tommy Showbiz

Jul 20, 2022

Nobody sees $20 as a bargain lol, the entire point is that the game is being further focused around the BP which is priced rather fairly.

If the only way to get a Mythic was by ponying up $60, I would be pissed. The fact that this is objectively better than the previous model means I'm fine if a few whales want to drop a paycheck on skipping the line.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Otherwise you could claim they were previously $100+, because you bet your ass I've seen that seasons mythic being used within the first hour of a new season.
Yeah I know, it's good they're giving options and lessening FOMO — My point is solely on people's acceptance with $20+ skins because other games have it worse.

Need to scrap that mentality entirely.
Nobody sees $20 as a bargain lol
Yes they do. Many, many people do these days. My comment isn't on the battle pass btw, it's good what they're doing.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No, it's not acceptance nor some kind of mentality. It's understanding that it's that high because people pay for those skins at those prices.
Not quite sure what you're arguing.

What I'm referring to is a mentality you see all the time, "Well at least it's not as expensive as X, Y, Z. Stop crying about your game's prices!"

The dismissal or lessening of a game's outlandish prices because a different game has even higher outlandish prices, etc. — Classic whataboutism mentality.

Oct 25, 2017
Not quite sure what you're arguing.

What I'm referring to is a mentality you see all the time, "Well at least it's not as expensive as X, Y, Z. Stop crying about your game's prices!"

The dismissal or lessening of a game's outlandish prices because a different game has even higher outlandish prices, etc. — Classic whataboutism mentality.

Mentality is not why they price the skins that high. They price them based on what people are willing to pay for them.

It's not whataboutism to point out that other games are similarly priced, because that's being given as an example as to why they priced it this way. They're not only direct competitors, so it makes sense to compare them, but also an example of what people are willing to pay in this slice of the market for cosmetics.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mentality is not why they price the skins that high. They price them based on what people are willing to pay for them.

It's not whataboutism to point out that other games are similarly priced, because that's being given as an example as to why they priced it this way. They're not only direct competitors, so it makes sense to compare them, but also an example of what people are willing to pay in this slice of the market for cosmetics.
I'm not making commentary on WHY things are priced high, that's obviously because of greed and because people are willing to pay.

My point is in the context of discussing prices in any given community, let's not dismiss or lessen others complaining about high prices because there are higher prices in other games.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not making commentary on WHY things are priced high, that's obviously because of greed and because people are willing to pay.

My point is in the context of discussing prices in any given community, let's not dismiss or lessen others complaining about high prices because there are higher prices in other games.

I think there are fair criticisms and then there are criticisms that go way too far, especially when they cross into unreasonable or even hateful, that rightfully deserve to get called out. Plus it's a gaming enthusiast discussion board, people are gonna disagree with each other. Pricing is no exception. Monetization is a heavily discussed topic.

NeoRaider

Banned
Feb 7, 2018
SeMSv1I.png

S10 mythic tier list. Don't kill me pls but this is based on the theme, VFX, 1st person and overall design of the skin. There is a bit of hero bias too.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Orisa was the worst mythic skin by far… People had trouble even knowing if it was new or the other bug skin colors she had.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Do we know if there is still going to be credits(white currency) in the BP in season 10, or is it just gonna be coins(yellow currency) now?

shadewolf

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if there is still going to be credits(white currency) in the BP in season 10, or is it just gonna be coins(yellow currency) now?
Great question, but I can't imagine the battle pass stays at 80 tiers, does it? With the addition of coins and the mythic currency I wouldn't be surprised if it expands. Has anyone seen or heard anything about this?

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
SeMSv1I.png

S10 mythic tier list. Don't kill me pls but this is based on the theme, VFX, 1st person and overall design of the skin. There is a bit of hero bias too.

The Tracer one might be my favorite just because I love fantasy stuff so much, and Tracer is so fun to play.

I 1000% understand people not liking it, but it was pretty much custom made for me.

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019
Praying for the day Overwatch 2 comes to xcloud so I can finally get the 1000 OW Coins that have been stuck on my account since Season 1 🙏

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017

Edit: Don't get me wrong, i am a fan of less FOMO and more players being able to get the skins. I am just saying that buying the BP during that season and grinding for the skin, finishing the BP was making them at least somewhat unique and not common. Now they are not that anymore. Also there is no compensation at all for players that purchased the BPs for these skins and for heroes.

I think your heart is in the right place with this take, but the conclusions seem totally backwards to me.
  • If you want an old Mythic that you missed, now you can get it for $10. All you have to do is wait for a Battle Pass that rewards a Mythic you don't want, and select the one you'd prefer instead.
  • The compensation for people who completed the Battle Passes during their original season is that they got these Mythics, PLUS a ton of other cosmetics, at an absolutely bargain price, months before you could get them any other way. That's plenty.
  • If you did miss previous Mythics, and want to collect them all, now you can.
  • Is this an offering that makes Blizzard money? Sure. It's also true that that money goes back into funding Overwatch and the people who make it. And if a player doesn't want to engage with buying Mythic Prisms, they don't need to. It's all optional, and players are losing absolutely nothing compared to the current Battle Pass / Mythic system.
Could it be better or more generous or whatever? Absolutely. (This is probably true for basically anything that asks for your money, mind you.)

But it's also an undeniable improvement over the previous system. Even if a player doesn't plan to ever spend a cent on Mythic Prisms, they still get the option to choose their Mythic throughout a season. It's pure upside.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
BP's really need to just stick around after you paid for it. I'm fine with having only one battlepass going at a time, but they absolutely should not be gone for good.

I get the appeal of having a skin that's no longer possible to get, but I'm also kind of over it too at this point.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
BP's really need to just stick around after you paid for it. I'm fine with having only one battlepass going at a time, but they absolutely should not be gone for good.

I get the appeal of having a skin that's no longer possible to get, but I'm also kind of over it too at this point.

The problem is that FOMO works and if other games are doing it, then you kind of have to compete in the same terms. I know friends when I had a few games on the go that went "I could play some Halo... But Fortnite is almost at the end of the season" as a tiebreaker when I couldn't decide.

Me, I just get fuck you I'm missing out. I missed one daily login bonus for Honkai Star Rail and then quit aha

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
What I'm more excited for is for the coins being a part of the (free) battle pass and the weekly challenges being only BP xp. No more "forcing" me play stuff I don't want to play. Instantly dismissing the "Play 20 games on All Roles" challenge is going to make me play the game MORE and not less. I think I've ended this season at BP 250 or something like that, I'm good with the XP, I just don't want to play so many tank games.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
SeMSv1I.png

My S09 tier list:

hG4NqIe.png

I really dislike the lack of customization. My Top 6 are really close between them, I like them all. Junker Queen is there because there aren't really many other skins to choose for her, specially since store skins do not and will never exist for me. Tracer is so so, kinda sad about it because it's my favorite character to play and it has always been. Hanzo would be great if it wasn't just a Legendary skin without customization. Orisa is literal trash.

vmk

Sep 13, 2018
Hellcife
My S09 tier list:

hG4NqIe.png

I really dislike the lack of customization. My Top 6 are really close between them, I like them all. Junker Queen is there because there aren't really many other skins to choose for her, specially since store skins do not and will never exist for me. Tracer is so so, kinda sad about it because it's my favorite character to play and it has always been. Hanzo would be great if it wasn't just a Legendary skin without customization. Orisa is literal trash.

I'd swap the JQ skin with the Kiriko one and put Tracer one a tier above, but your tier list is pretty much accurate overall to me.

dots

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at these tier lists it sure feels like a lot of "Mythic? Lets put some purple in there."