• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
Some of the past OWL skins are back in the OWL shop, and Atlanta+Guangzhou got recolors of the Rock Climber Zarya skin

LQUEdFi.png

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Lifeweavers in my games consistently have the highest healing. That's not his problem. What is, is that he's a boring healbot that doesn't have any offensive utility. He needs a partial rework at the very least. The petal pad is the dumbest ability in the entire game.

TBF there are players who want to healbot and support their allies so they can pop off. Mercy's a popular character even though none of her main tools interact with enemies.

(I realize Mercy has the damage boost, but from a "game feeling" perspective there isn't any difference between pocketing your allies with a yellow beam and pocketing your allies with a blue beam.)

Also I actually think the Petal Platform is really fun, lol.

It's a relationship there, the only reason he has the highest healing is because he's a healbot by design. His max healing per second is way lower than something like Ana.

He also can't miss, doesn't have to spend any time aiming, rarely has reload downtime, and can even arc his shots around barriers. It's true that being a healbot by design boosts his healing up further, but his healing shot is really, really good. Theoretical numbers don't tell the full story in Overwatch.

FWIW, I think Lifeweaver's actually good in his niche (defensive healbot) and is liable to be quite strong when he gets buffs this patch. I played a game with a Lifeweaver yesterday and he carried us through the first fight on the point by keeping people alive in situations they had no right to be alive in. The brawl went on for a while, but it ended with everyone on our team alive.

Last edited:

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit Illari looks so fun for an aimer. Basically like Ashe but a support. Hell yes.

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
That Ult is gonna be SO satisfying to slap people stuck in a Grav with. Very cool kit, healing turret is gonna make for some very fun defensive positions on certain maps. I wonder if Sym will be able to TP it whenever she wants like Torb turrets/Bob.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
It's like someone's made a healer just for me. Her gun seems really strong. She feels all around great in the training room.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Looks like they've already uploaded all the PvE cutscenes on Youtube and they clock in at 22:36. That's a lot more than I was expecting. I won't watch though since my buddies and I will probably run through it at some point.

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
Theory crafting fun healing turret spots in my head. She's gonna be a menace on KoTH maps. Her and Pharah are probably gonna be gross together with the right positioning. So excited to play around with her!

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Her gun feels terrible to use for me.

And I'd rather get 2CP back than this flashpoint thing

Meh

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Finished the first mission, it was alright. Took about 15 minutes on normal. I'm curious to see how much more difficult the higher difficulties are. There's something strange in the last part of the mission where the instructions characters call out to do are not correct.

Kingdom Key

Aug 4, 2021
I'm not a fan of Illari's gun at all. Rate of fire is too low and healing beam depletes very quickly. Her shots also don't feel satisfying at all to land. I think it's the sound design.

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
Weird choice to make EMP not insta-kill Tree of Life anymore but I get why they want to make it stronger considering the complaints. I can see this getting reverted in the future though so I'm gonna try not to get too used to it as a LW main.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's frustrating that the game doesn't teach people to avoid trickle/stagger given how vital it is on every mode, especially the two new ones.
Overwatch has always been a game notoriously bad at teaching the people how to play it. It is kinda crazy when you think about it. Something as basic as using highground or using cover behind walls eludes the playerbase and has for years.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
And EMP no longer destroys Tree of Life. 👀
I like LW but man I hate this. EMP should at least do something to it, like stopping its healing pulse. And consdering the tree is a wall, it can prevent people from being hit by EMP. I hate this.

Also...local pricing on Steam is just laughable. Activision gonna Activision.

Luneth

Aug 5, 2020
I have already asked this, but just to be sure: if I buy the invasion story missions on PS5 will I have them also on switch, like the battle pass? Or do I have to buy them in each platform?

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Anyone else having audio issues on PC?
To be more specific, cracking audio and similar issues for example when selecting Zarya or some other heroes.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
It's frustrating that the game doesn't teach people to avoid trickle/stagger given how vital it is on every mode, especially the two new ones.

I wonder if the game would be better off with respawn 'waves' to keep people together and a constant timer on the screen like how older games like Enemy Territory or Dirty Bomb handled it, just to teach people not to stagger and to wait for teammates.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING THROUGH STEAM RIGHT NOW

It'll take your money, but it's not working in game