• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
Okay apparently the duo issue isn't only impacting the highest ranks and seems to be a bug rather than intended. Hopefully they can get it resolved soon

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Venture is so much better to play in QP. i can't even have fun in Arcade cuz people are treating it like it's Comp in my matches. just get constantly targeted by like 3-4 guys all at once. they don't want people to practice a new hero.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
From my time playing this season, no one is instalocking Venture, and I haven't seen the character all that much in the games that I'm playing. They are a blast to play, and I'm doing well with their kit, but it's odd I haven't seen the character much so far.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
From my time playing this season, no one is instalocking Venture, and I haven't seen the character all that much in the games that I'm playing. They are a blast to play, and I'm doing well with their kit, but it's odd I haven't seen the character much so far.
Unless they're OP, that's what I usually see. Instalocked for a weekend, and we already had that weekend.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I got Venture's pixel spray in my 2nd match, lol. That Ult is sooo good, probably too good. Their whole kit is insane actually and the carry potential is very high.

ProjectPick

Oct 26, 2017
I hope detection is strong for new accounts when its implemented. Those clearly ximming default skin, endorsement level 1, soldier 76 players in QP are damn annoying.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
cracks me up that they will just get matched with other users using them. That will get rid of them from the rest of the player base on console.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a mixed bag. Perm bans except once season 11 hits you won't get perm banned even though they're still unsupported but one day MKB may become officially supported... It makes sense they'd ban because MKB+AA shouldn't ever be a thing though.

I just think it falls short of an ideal scenario. But I'm sure people will be happy that they're handling cheaters at least.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Putting Xim players in the PC pool without aim assist is making me laugh hard. I know they'd never show it but it'd be really enjoyable for me to know I'm facing against one of them. I'd do everything I could so they couldn't play the match.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I wanted to ask this for some time because i am not really experiencing it with any other game i play or played. Maybe it's just me or maybe it's the game. Is anyone else experiencing sensory overload when playing the game? Especially more than few matches in a row. Both visual and audio side it feels like quite often there is just too much going on and i don't remember OW being this bad. I would sometimes get eye strain from OW, but in OW2 it's definitely more than that. I am not sure what can i do but try totally lowering the brightness of my monitor and in-game audio because i am having these issue where the game is literally giving me headache even when not playing more than few games daily.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to ask this for some time because i am not really experiencing it with any other game i play or played. Maybe it's just me or maybe it's the game. Is anyone else experiencing sensory overload when playing the game? Especially more than few matches in a row. Both visual and audio side it feels like quite often there is just too much going on and i don't remember OW being this bad. I would sometimes get eye strain from OW, but in OW2 it's definitely more than that. I am not sure what can i do but try totally lowering the brightness of my monitor and in-game audio because i am having these issue where the game is literally giving me headache even when not playing more than few games daily.

i only have this problem if i play for too long and don't take breaks. adjusting your brightness and volume will def help if it's just the usual eye strain/noise. but a headache? not sure if you're susceptible to epilepsy.

hell yea, closer to getting the new Sombra/Widow skins.

ProjectPick

Oct 26, 2017

Not just you. It is definitely heavy on the audio visual clutter. I play with my headphones volume quieter for sure.

It's especially bad if you're playing something brawl comp related as a tank and in the middle of it all when ults start flying.

Try giving yourself a 5 min break every few games. Get up walk around, grab some water. Take your headphones off between rounds.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
also see if you can just lower the setting for effects. i know on PC you get less detail/visual clutter if you drop the graphics quality. no idea if console can do that.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Not just you. It is definitely heavy on the audio visual clutter. I play with my headphones volume quieter for sure.

It's especially bad if you're playing something brawl comp related as a tank and in the middle of it all when ults start flying.

Try giving yourself a 5 min break every few games. Get up walk around, grab some water. Take your headphones off between rounds.

also see if you can just lower the setting for effects. i know on PC you get less detail/visual clutter if you drop the graphics quality. no idea if console can do that.
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will definitely try lowering the visual effects too.

OP
OP
Solidsnakejej

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Just a general PSA, don't chat until the dev time provides an update on what is being moderated.

Twitch drops not showing up
Hello, we identified the problem with Twitch Drops and everyone missing their rewards should be receiving them by the end of the day. Apologies for the inconvenience.
us.forums.blizzard.com

Cyclops Roadhog Twitch Drops broken

Hello, we identified the problem with Twitch Drops and everyone missing their rewards should be receiving them by the end of the day. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Overwatch 2 Known Issues - April 17, 2024
To the heroes of Overwatch,

We want to keep you up to date on some of the bugs and issues we're aware of that are affecting the game. This is not a complete list of all currently tracked issues affecting Overwatch 2, rather, this is a targeted list of some known specific issues with this release.

• We are currently investigating an issue with long queue times at certain ranks who queue in a group of 2 or more players. Narrow groups are seeing shorter queue times but we're making an change to help players who are at a very high rank, like Grandmaster or Champion. We adjusted matchmaking to find matches faster, but there may be a wider average skill difference between teams. We'll continue to monitor matchmaking closely.
  • We recently resolved an issue where some players may have found their previously owned Mythic skins missing. However, they may be able to purchase Mythic unlock levels for the skins they own (which does not grant any additional benefit). You can check before purchasing by seeing if you already can equip a Mythic skin in the Hero Gallery. If you feel you accidentally made a purchase to a previously unlocked skin, contact Blizzard Customer Service.
  • Hanamura (Assault) is disabled from custom games as we investigate an issue with the map.
  • We are aware of an issue where pressing space (on keyboard) or your confirm button (on controller) to skip the highlight intro will bypass the ranked progress screen.
  • Some players are experiencing an LC-208 error.
Recently resolved

• We fixed an issue where Genji, Hanzo, and Kiriko cannot use his wall climb after doing an extended leap or double jump.

us.forums.blizzard.com

Overwatch 2 Known Issues - April 17, 2024

To the heroes of Overwatch, We want to keep you up to date on some of the bugs and issues we’re aware of that are affecting the game. This is not a complete list of all currently tracked issues affecting Overwatch 2, rather, this is a targeted list of some known specific issues with this...

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
They also said that they identified the twitch drops bug and that it should get fixed later today or tomorrow. Seems like Hog skin and other two cosmetics are not unlocking for everyone after claiming the drops.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
This is the number one reason I'm fine they went from 6v6 to 5v5. Any time I'm overwhelmed I'm like well at least there's not 2 more people here causing chaos, lol.

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019
Okay apparently the duo issue isn't only impacting the highest ranks and seems to be a bug rather than intended. Hopefully they can get it resolved soon

Is this a problem in quickplay as well? My brother and I felt our games tonight had larger skillgaps than usual, some on our team and some on the other (2 minute win on Hanamura gave nightmare flashbacks to 2CP).

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
Hopefully the Ximming and console M/KB stuff means we eventually get input-based matchmaking and we can get M/KB only lobbies in QP again. I cant remember the last time I played QP for more than like an hour and didnt get at least 1 console player who was totally out of their element. Isnt fun for us and definitely isnt fun for them lol

OW is way more taxing than anything else I play so I get this but it also usually compounds with IRL stuff(like not sleeping well or having a particularly taxing day at work). I play on low settings and have audio on night mode too which helps though. May want to play around with the team/enemy colors too and see if there is any combo that is easier for you than your current settings

cosi

Jun 9, 2023
Take legal actions. Make 3rd party peripherals requires licensing and EULA. If XIM want to make devices they can license them and it turns off autoaim on detection instead of trying to appear to be a controller. Take them to court and bankrupt them, you have MS legal behind you and they won't be able to fight it. Cheaters need to suffer.

Isn't it best to use these after you finish the BP because they don't apply to the title levels and carry over next season?

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Howling at the multiple thanks a lifeweaver gave me on well/ilios when I backfilled as tank and spent mauga's cage fight entirely to trap a Lucio that was eternally cycling the map with wall rides and being a bother as opposed to a threat.
Sometimes you just know it's the right call,it's good to be appreciated for such an expenditure.

Having played many more games as them, Venture is the one, they're without a doubt my fave damage character, they feel like a revisit of the DPS Doomfist concept, with smarter design that stops people getting peeved that they walked into the full charge rocket punch from a man grunting loudly for three full stationary seconds like it was a truly unavoidable moment /shoot
At first I was waaaay too unga with them, because I've still been getting used to the new health pools I'd forget they were still fairly squishy, with the shield passive being pretty minor all things considered, so I'd overcommit to a kill under a foolish assumption of being more durable and pay the price.
Getting more into the hit and run/early retreat and picking spots more carefully,
I feel like the ult is gonna get nerfed because it just seems really good while being easy to use, having four shots which two tap most characters with that range seems pretty ridonk, but then again maybe that's on par with a lot of damage character ults, I can see them maybe knocking one of the waves out the clip.
Fun movement, pseudo melee mixed with getting equipped with Drill Bomb from MM4, and tunneling away to avoid ults that would usually have me fooked is just the best.

On the other side of my damage faves spectrum
Sym has been done dirty by the new HP pools, doesn't feel like they did anything to any of her kit to help her remain effective in the new meta, feels absolutely mad how even with DPS passive in play, I have to do SO much work to secure kills, the orb need what like three full charges to end a 250 hp hero, assuming they don't get healed.
And while a support who is in a much better spot, Brig's mace to the face could use a boost for similar reasons, it feels left behind right now and it's not like she was a damage monster before.

tumblr_potny4WIRP1y8zfw0o1_500.gif

FUCKIN SUCK IT WIDOW AND ASHE NERDS, GET WRECKED BY THE REAL ARSE KEYBOARD AND MOUSE UNITS

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
I don't think I get how to play Venture "correctly", but jumping out of the ground and then using the drill dash to run away, just being a nuisance rather than actually try to kill, it's definitely fun and seemingly effective.

ProjectPick

Oct 26, 2017
The delay on Ventures burrow ability keeps getting me killed. My reflexes are used to things like fade or ice block that are instant. The animation delay on the dig is really messing with my head when I play them.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
I'm not sure there is another hero who punishes you for being out of position as viscerally as Venture does lol. DPS doomfist kinda did but sometimes he just flew out of the sky so what could you do. But getting shoved into a corner while being drilled to death just hits a certain way that hurts your soul because you know deep down you shoulda seen it coming

cosi

Jun 9, 2023
The delay on Ventures burrow ability keeps getting me killed. My reflexes are used to things like fade or ice block that are instant. The animation delay on the dig is really messing with my head when I play them.
Same same same. It's killed me more than once and I've said more than once wtf I was out of that. I'm too used to moira, reaper, etc.

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019

Similarly the directional lock on his drill charge. I keep getting overexcited and right click just too early before acquiring my target and drill nothing but concrete.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy they're finally doing something about XIM. Been a looooong time since Jeff Kaplan mentioned it lol.

Tho i wonder how it'll actually go. I hear the companies constant update these devices to bypass detection, so is this going to be a cat and mouse game?

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Hog is kinda a goofy character again ngl.

They're just never gonna get Tank right in this game. My second favorite role is legit dead lol.

Ram just doesn't seem like a real character sometimes. It's like I like the character but that kit is crazy compared to say... Rein and some of the day 1 Tanks.

You also can't lock what you want and climb anymore. No matter how good you are. It's really up to your team sometimes not to lose you the game when you actually do pop off on Tank. I won't even mention candy ass Orisa swappers.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy they're finally doing something about XIM. Been a looooong time since Jeff Kaplan mentioned it lol.

Tho i wonder how it'll actually go. I hear the companies constant update these devices to bypass detection, so is this going to be a cat and mouse game?

From the dev blog, they've been secretly analyzing the devices for several seasons and how they are used in their games. Seems they are pretty confident about it. Wouldn't surprise me if they actually bought some to test and see how they work. But it's nice they are gonna do perma on the top offenders. Good bye to all those accounts. I hope they spent a lot of money for cosmetics with them too.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
From the dev blog, they've been secretly analyzing the devices for several seasons and how they are used in their games. Seems they are pretty confident about it. Wouldn't surprise me if they actually bought some to test and see how they work. But it's nice they are gonna do perma on the top offenders. Good bye to all those accounts. I hope they spent a lot of money for cosmetics with them too.

If they ever get there, then it will be a few seasons down. A few of these implementations have had false-positives and flagged people that were using a controller, so they need to really dial this in.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
I was so sad yesterday that I got into a tank match, tried out like 3 different tanks against an Orisa and we just kept getting slammed, so I swapped to the mirror and we finally did well and were competitive. I need to find a fun pick who can counter Orisa without just pulling out the mirror since it's not really a fun mirror.

I'm really looking forward to DPS queues dying down a little bit so I can give Venture a go. They seem so fun, but I don't want to play the instalock game against people.

Hog is kinda a goofy character again ngl.

They're just never gonna get Tank right in this game. My second favorite role is legit dead lol.

Ram just doesn't seem like a real character sometimes. It's like I like the character but that kit is crazy compared to say... Rein and some of the day 1 Tanks.

You also can't lock what you want and climb anymore. No matter how good you are. It's really up to your team sometimes not to lose you the game when you actually do pop off on Tank. I won't even mention candy ass Orisa swappers.

Ram is weird for me where I feel like some matches I'm incredibly useful, others i'm tissue paper and just get obliterated as soon as i'm on screen. I always just chalked it up to me not playing a lot of tank, but yeah his kit is pretty complex. I like it though, he's fun to play. Hitting a big Ram ulti feels amazing, makes me want to cackle like him.