• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
This is what attracts me to playing Tank. I usually start my session on DPS, if my Tanks are too fucking scared to move forward I get frustrated and go Tank next, pick Dva, and drag everyone forward in every way I can. It's generally, effective going by my win rate.

Passive tanks tilt me so much as Support. It's a painful match usually.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Had a team slowly walk in the first point of Junkertown earlier because after the first teamfight our Doomfist's approach was standing up the top above the JT gate just pew pewing long range shotgun blasts at a Mauga.

That might've been worse on the passive tank-o-meter then the ol' classic sniper D.Va

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Lost a match because the game decided to put me into a 200 ping server and it got me a Volatile reduction. Like...what the fuck is this game man.

Last edited:

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019
I had a win earlier with Hamster on New Donk City with 26 eliminations and TWO (2) assists. I can't even recall a time when my teammates were visible on my screen during any fight.

What is it about Ball that makes people so passive?

I know you feel less safe when you don't have a permanent meat shield right in front of you, but you have eyes don't you?
You see that these guys are all now 30% health or less.
You know the Widow isn't looking at you right now.
You can hear and see the Roadhog missing his hooks on the ball.
You can account for every enemy hero.
You hear sleep darts and suzus popping in the distance; why you join the fun?

I'll be stalling the point against 5 players for 40 seconds, maybe getting a solo kill or two in the process, and my team will just be camped out on our spawn side approach, healers hiding behind walls.

The second I make a mechanical mistake and die, they finally decide to go in, win the fight, and I'm just screaming internally "WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE DONE LITERALLY ANYTHING BEFORE THE MOMENT OF MY DEATH". So many of my Hammy games feel like this.

I'm in there pinging like a madman, swinging wildly, dodging and weaving, surviving off of big shields and small health packs; sometimes it feels like I'm a ballerina on a hamster wheel, spinning my head towards my team every few seconds, and they are so stationary that I can use them as as point of reference to avoid getting dizzy.

It sucks when you get those games where you know there's a zero percent chance that your team will follow up any of your hamster stylin'.

I feel actual saudade every time I have to swap off my boy 🐹

Disclaimer: I probably have had tunnel vision in some of these games.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
Finally had a few matches I got filled into DPS and the other DPS didn't choose Venture so I decided to give them a go.

Holy crap they're SO fun. Game 1 was kinda rough, but game 2 I got their flow and had a blast.

Also had a game I chose Winton and just was an absolute menace. Diving into the backline and making their life hell. Had one fight where I survived with single digits HP after a 1v3 and managed to juke the chasing tank. I was pumped.

Great evening of games!!

aurens

Mar 24, 2024
i never played tank in OW2 until S9 and idk, i've enjoyed myself quite a bit. is it just because i've been one-tricking sigma?

(note: i was an off-tank main in OW1 so i'm not coming to the role blind, i'm just new to solo tank)

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
The Mercy in my game just put a spray I don't remember seeing before. It was a chibi spray of her in her OW2 look and she had the angry 💢 mark on her head. I don't see it in the hero gallery.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto

ch5nnzd.png

ProjectPick

Oct 26, 2017
Duo'd up last night and yeah. Had some doozies. 7 straight just shit housed.

Sprinkle in some throwersz smurfs and racist bs getting dropped in chat and it was something.

Then the MM seemed to settle down until last match of night where our Kiri says they were mad didn't get DPS and dropped a solid 1.1k healing.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Damn, playing Support role and the selected heroes are still constantly saying "i'm on my way" when using "group up". It's been so long with this bug.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I've just noticed that with this BP Brig now has two voice lines spoken in a foreign language for "Get lost"
Swedish and German? Swedish and swedish again but the lines are in fact slightly different?
One gets an exclamation mark

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
There are some context sensitive cues on the radial dial. Does it still do this if you set a separate binding for group up?
I didn't try binding it as i was always using the wheel and got used to it. Some matches it seems to work normally and in some it won't work no matter what. So confusing.

I've just noticed that with this BP Brig now has two voice lines spoken in a foreign language for "Get lost"
Swedish and German? Swedish and swedish again but the lines are in fact slightly different?
One gets an exclamation mark
So that's why that voice line sounded very familiar to me. I thought that it's one of her old voice lines slightly remade or something, lol.

But honestly the BP is very disappointing for me outside of the Mythic. I was going through all the rewards and while the coins are now in it, they reduced the content and cosmetics in it even more. I feel like there is less of everything, except for the skins.
One thing i wish they did more is those mirrorverse voice lines, like Ana and Widow got. Mercy also get one of Moira's where she says "Are you finished?", but there isn't one for Moira sadly. It would be so funny if they gave "Are you quite done?" to Moira.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Man gold is a shitshow as tank. Playing dive tank? "Omg, stop getting so far from me I need help" said the support with 2 dps and another support close by. Play Ball? "Stop playing ball, he's an ult charge battery". These motherfuckers are bad at tanks and they think everyone is the same level as them.

And boy do I love how 99% of the time I swapped to Orisa to mirror the enemy's, we lost anyway because it really is support or dps diff.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I think I hate that Venture is nonbinary. I loved it at first because I felt like I was getting representation as I myself am enby, but now all the people I watch call Venture "her" or "she" and it makes me sad. I'm sure a lot of people would say things like "Don't watch them" or whatever, but idk I use Twitch streams to deal with depression and it is something I enjoy doing. People are saying things like "Venture isn't a real person", but they represent a real group of people and these small-minded streamers are just not getting it.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
I think I hate that Venture is nonbinary. I loved it at first because I felt like I was getting representation as I myself am enby, but now all the people I watch call Venture "her" or "she" and it makes me sad. I'm sure a lot of people would say things like "Don't watch them" or whatever, but idk I use Twitch streams to deal with depression and it is something I enjoy doing. People are saying things like "Venture isn't a real person", but they represent a real group of people and these small-minded streamers are just not getting it.

I really don't like Flats but I'll give him credit, he has been calling Venture they/them

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Streamers doing this are just being lazy assholes. I'm not going to say you shouldn't watch them but them being lazy shits is not a reason to want Venture given a defined Gender just to not have to think about the streamer you enjoy being a piece of shit.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Streamers doing this are just being lazy assholes. I'm not going to say you shouldn't watch them but them being lazy shits is not a reason to want Venture given a defined Gender just to not have to think about the streamer you enjoy being a piece of shit.
It's more just that the Overwatch 2 community isn't normal enough to deal with it and so I constantly feel assaulted emotionally by the way the players deal with Venture. I report people in-game etc, but honestly I feel like I'm being constantly exposed for being different.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
It's more just that the Overwatch 2 community isn't normal enough to deal with it and so I constantly feel assaulted emotionally by the way the players deal with Venture.
I can't relate personally in this matter but I've felt exactly that from the gaming community(OW included) as a whole many times so I get it. The Valorant community showed its ass even harder on this exact thing that I've been on a legit break of anything related to that game for weeks. I just hope anyone prominent enough to be watched by several hundred people daily playing this game cares just enough to respect the intention of the character. It's so easy to be selfish in this regard and these people need to be shown that yes in fact you can put in just that tiny bit of effort to not be a shit.

Tommy Showbiz

Jul 20, 2022

View: https://i.imgur.com/OQ6g8mB.jpeg

It's no longer Joever, we are so Barack.

Very curious what Team 4's next move is to make these numbers keep growing. Fixing the tank role is obvious and I think their current trajectory of doubling down on PvP and making significant core changes is paying off in spades thus far.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone who plays on PC with HDR enabled, is your calibration being reset every time you load the game? That's what's happening to me atm and every time I load the game it's trying to burn a hole in my eyes(my monitor gets very bright and it starts essentially with the white values maxed).

Cockmagic

Oct 30, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV4TkssBxbs

Like i said, i immediately noticed how messed up her fire rate is after the changes went live, to me it somehow feels worse than her original fire-rate. Healing buff on secondary is so small, that it barely makes any difference. Overall they nerfed her for no reason at all.

Original fire rate was technically slower, but it packed more punch because health was lower. Then they increased the fire rate to compensate for the health buff, which felt good. Now, they reverted it for no reason, making her less fun to play. She's still my 2nd most played hero since her introduction. :P

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Original fire rate was technically slower, but it packed more punch because health was lower. Then they increased the fire rate to compensate for the health buff, which felt good. Now, they reverted it for no reason, making her less fun to play. She's still my 2nd most played hero since her introduction. :P
She is one of my most played too but she can feel so clunky and weird to play and get value with.
It looks to me like they are not sure what they want to do with her and what they want her to do exactly. Do they want a DPS focused Support, that has limited healing abilities like Zen, or do they want healing focused Support that packs a punch when it comes to dealing damage. Because for 2 or 3 seasons now she is in this limbo where she is consistently considered to be one of the worst Supports that doesn't really excel at anything + has no utility. It looks like a failed design to me.

Cockmagic

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I don't think they know what they're doing with illari and a lot of other characters. Seems like they're just cycling through buffs and nerfs for no particular reason.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, playing Support role and the selected heroes are still constantly saying "i'm on my way" when using "group up". It's been so long with this bug.
God I thought it was only me, happens when I use mercy and lucio.

Im liking the season but hate that every single match has venture in it, they're so strong.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
He's part of the group around Eskay that are typically inclusive, Emongg, Jay3, Bogur, Fareeha, RubenSargasm, Karq, fitzyhere

OWCS is live, There are a few drops but only really one worth it
fcc92270-e180-4af5-8567-11c59f773f94.png

I watch Emongg a lot and occasionally KarQ and yeah I've not seen anything bigoted or disrespectful from them, so they're pretty comfy. Knowing these other streamers are too I should check them out. It's always a flip of a coin when discovering a streamer if they're gonna show their ass at some point. I use to absolutely love a streamer called Retro Gaijin only for him to go mask-off transphobe some years ago, that really affected my confidence of getting into a streamer so I'm always grateful when I get suggestions that someone is good.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
they keep fucking with Illari. she was super fun at launch. got nerfed intot he ground and became a chore. rebuffed so she's fun again and now nerfed again and not as fun again. someone at Team 4 hates her.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
It's weird that they seem scared of Illari being able to DPS and heal when Bap exists and feels way stronger than her usually.

But I think she's still in a good enough spot I don't hesitate picking her.

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
Don't know what it is about Venture, but the moment they go underground, your teammates forget they exist and ignore them, only to get destroyed lol

Also started playing some Cassidy recently, and I can't explain why, but his straightforward gameplay is so fun. Every shot does SO much damage. Magnetic grenade is kinda wonky though, huh?

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
I don't care one bit for a single bit of Overwatch lore, but I need to know the reasoning behind Venture's Joan of Arc line. It just seems so out of place.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Comp has been weird this season with the new "group with anyone" update. My wins and losses are extremely lopsided, moreso than usual and most games have been complete stomps.

I wonder if I'm just unlucky or the MM is a just off tonight. I've had maybe 2-3 really good matches in 20 games. It almost feels like QP unfortunately.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I would love an arcade mode similar to the April Fools one, but every character would have their kit and balance from their respective launches. Would be neat for Anniversary.

But I can't imagine it'll ever happen due to the amount of work it'd probably take to restore various characters who have had reworks.

ProjectPick

Oct 26, 2017
Comp has been weird this season with the new "group with anyone" update. My wins and losses are extremely lopsided, moreso than usual and most games have been complete stomps.

I wonder if I'm just unlucky or the MM is a just off tonight. I've had maybe 2-3 really good matches in 20 games. It almost feels like QP unfortunately.

First week of new season match making is usually a bit scuffed with returning players that have some decay and uncertainty in their MMR .

Also if you are not playing a "wide groups" the comp experience should functionally be the same. IE if your solo the group with anyone doesn't apply to the matchmaking pool.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
First week of new season match making is usually a bit scuffed with returning players that have some decay and uncertainty in their MMR .

Also if you are not playing a "wide groups" the comp experience should functionally be the same. IE if your solo the group with anyone doesn't apply to the matchmaking pool.

The matchmaking should actually be tighter for solo queuers and narrow groups than it used to be.

AlexTrevelyan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty unhappy with the general matchmaking this season and comp changes, my friends and I basically can't play together now. We played together last season, no issues, they're all in the gold-platinum range. Now every single game is wide group which means 10+ minute wait, to me that translates to...please don't play the game. On top of that every single game is a ridiculous stomp, so thats not fun.

QP is the worst its ever been in the history of OW, and its been really bad since OW2 launched. Just endless stomps.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do to have fun games other than play by myself, which I don't want to do. I do not accept that this is an inherit issue due to 5v5, there has to be a way for the dev team to improve match quality when you're not playing solo.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what I'm supposed to do to have fun games other than play by myself, which I don't want to do. I do not accept that this is an inherit issue due to 5v5, there has to be a way for the dev team to improve match quality when you're not playing solo.

It's not inherent to 5v5 and it's not my experience at all in duos or solo. So not sure what to suggest other than hope they tighten it at the expense of queue times. Had some real tight sweaty tryhard QP games yesterday, which I love.

It's not a bug, it's by design. If you're looking at an outline of a teammate, it does that. I'm not sure it's good design, but it's working as intended.