• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
Ppl saying: "Veture is short range, it's fair for them to have high burst damage and one shot combo".
Sorry but no. There are reasons why they increased all the health pools. While Venture is close to mid range they also have the ability to dive and get close to you while being untargetable and another high mobility option with pushback. Plus up to 325 health which gives them even bigger advantage in 1v1 situations. The hero is definitely overtuned, it's just that many can't abuse it properly... for now.
One tick of healing prevents the combo from killing. And if Venture is using dig to engage and then dash to combo, they no longer have any mobility at all and should die if your team is paying any attention

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
One tick of healing prevents the combo from killing. And if Venture is using dig to engage and then dash to combo, they no longer have any mobility at all and should die if your team is paying any attention
There is a reason why many high level players are saying that Venture is overtuned and that they are too good, believe me. Yes, the hero has clear weaknesses, but that doesn't mean that they are balanced. Does it require more skill to pull it off compared to some other heroes? Yes. But again, no matter how skilled the player is, no hero should be able to delete another squishy is a second. Widow is an exception i guess.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Buffing the Mauga stomp made him so much more enjoyable even if it's probably not the optimal usage
Moira ult? Stomped
Excavation initi- stomped
Running through sigma barrier and stomping into his kinetic grasp
My supports even nano kitsun'd my cage fight lol

Clearly I had too much fun so the next game backfilled me into an intentional stalemate between two teams having a "hello" fest, and "if you leave you'll be penalized!"

Welp, guess I'm getting unjustly penalized then

Tommy Showbiz

Jul 20, 2022

View: https://twitter.com/thelinestudio/status/1781359655454711832

View: https://twitter.com/thelinestudio/status/1782333591558529477

The Line Animation never misses, and it's great to see they were behind the production of this animated trailer for Venture.

I thought the Venture animation was a ton of fun beautifully animated. I was shocked when redditors were dumping on it because they went a different direction then the glorified motion comic things they've done for past heroes.

ProjectPick

Oct 26, 2017
Buffing the Mauga stomp made him so much more enjoyable even if it's probably not the optimal usage
Moira ult? Stomped
Excavation initi- stomped
Running through sigma barrier and stomping into his kinetic grasp
My supports even nano kitsun'd my cage fight lol

Clearly I had too much fun so the next game backfilled me into an intentional stalemate between two teams having a "hello" fest, and "if you leave you'll be penalized!"

Welp, guess I'm getting unjustly penalized then

Had a group of a few people doing this once. I was on Orissa, acted like I was joining in. And then javelin spun them off the cart, popped ult so they couldn't run back.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
What the best way to use Maugas guns? How about his ult?

His Incediary Chaingun, called Gunny, ignites enemies like Ashe's Dynamite or Torb's Molten Core, after repeated hits. The other, known as Cha-Cha deals critical damage to burning enemies. As you can see, they synergize nicely when you use Gunny first and Cha-Cha as a follow up. You can fire both at the same time or individually, and there are reasons you'd want to do both, but firing both chain-guns simultaneously causes the spread to be very wide. This means you do not want to be doing it at anything past very close range.

If enemies are far off, fire the chain-guns one at a time as they are far more accurate when fired individually. That said, he shreds at close range.

Save Cardiac Overdrive for moments when you are expecting you and your team to take a lot of damage. This is when the enemy is using a lot of ults and you need to try and outlast them.

Practice with his Overrun ability. You can cancel it by pressing the same button, but you won't do the powerful stomp. Also, enemies will roll off you as you run into them. This isn't Reinhardt's charge so you won't suck enemies in. However, if you press the jump button while charging, you decide when to do the big slam that pushes players back.

For Cage Fight, his ult, you may not want to over-commit and trap too many enemies with you in there. Instead, use Cage Fight on isolated targets to secure those tricky kills or to isolate those enemies

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
What the best way to use Maugas guns? How about his ult?

Mid to long range use the alt fire first to light them on fire then the primary to crit off it. Close range you can just let both guns rip.

The ult is more situational. Sometimes it's more beneficial to just trap one or two targets, maybe just their tank to get an easy kill or force their supports to also step into the cage to try and save them. If the enemy team loves to group up together you can make an attempt at trapping them all but they're going to try and burn you down immediately so it really depends if your teammates are going to follow up or not.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
So do we know what exactly is the mirrorwatch mode that starts tomorrow? The usual 5v5 with selected heroes having different abilities? Is that it?

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
So do we know what exactly is the mirrorwatch mode that starts tomorrow? The usual 5v5 with selected heroes having different abilities? Is that it?
We know the mirror heroes will have alternate abilities, probably an extension of some april fools changes like Mercy kind of looks like from the small amount they showed in the trailer. Also main map looks like Gibraltar and it's all kitted out in Talon aesthetic so OW is clearly the invaders here.

That's about it. I wouldn't expect another map but never hurts to be surprised I guess. Personally just hoping it's not just straight up payload but I'd play it even if it was.

Tommy Showbiz

Jul 20, 2022
I know this is blindingly obvious to anyone with a pair of brain cells to rub together, but seeing the Fallout show work overtime to completely rehabilitate Bethesda's recent Fallout efforts makes it so fucking obvious that Overwatch needs a quality adaptation right this god damned second.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I am having a pretty bad time playing against Venture. Real pain,.
Me playing Ball going against a team of Cass, Venture, Lucio, Ana, Orisa. That's 5 movement ability disruptions minimum.

Spent the last 3 days properly practicing Ball's new tech. Gonna have to seriously up my game now with him.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I sometimes wonder what's going on through the heads of DPS players who die 15+ times. Like, you ever think about switching, or using cover, orrrr?

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS

Mei still has to try and run in there first and potentially get picked before she turns into an ice block.
Venture can pre-emptively dive from around the corner, milk a good 4 seconds underground + a full charge jump out, drill rush in "a" direction after popping out. I definitely have won a few matches in overtime from stalling while my team rushes in.

cosi

Jun 9, 2023
I sometimes wonder what's going on through the heads of DPS players who die 15+ times. Like, you ever think about switching, or using cover, orrrr?
You mean when I'm wrecking on hitscan at like 20-0 and they go Pharah. Or Junk/Torb into Zar. Most dps players just want to play CoD and not think.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
You mean when I'm wrecking on hitscan at like 20-0 and they go Pharah. Or Junk/Torb into Zar. Most dps players just want to play CoD and not think.
I don't get going so braindead that you are not phased at a death count in the double digits lol. Like...switch? At least try something. 🤣

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
God, my games have been so goddamn good this season so far. Just had such a tight Flashpoint that could have gone either way.

3M4VHG

EDIT: BAck to back on the other Flashpoint map now! FYK46C

Last edited:

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Always feels good when I finally manage to get an achievement on a character that I've played for hours and hours.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Venture has the new longest intangibility time in the game. Mei ice block is 5 seconds. Venture burrow maxes out at 6.2 seconds spent intangible underground. And Mei is stuck in place while Venture can move around and then pop up and potentially take high ground afterwards depending on the location.

Burrow for 4 seconds -> underground drill dash at the end to extend .9 seconds -> hold emerge to extend 1.3 seconds

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Venture has the new longest intangibility time in the game. Mei ice block is 5 seconds. Venture burrow maxes out at 6.2 seconds spent intangible underground. And Mei is stuck in place while Venture can move around and then pop up and potentially take high ground afterwards depending on the location.

Burrow for 4 seconds -> underground drill dash at the end to extend .9 seconds -> hold emerge to extend 1.3 seconds

On the other hand, Mei's Cryo Freeze refills her health, and she can then follow up with Ice Wall to stall for more time. Mei will generally be able to stall for a similar amount of time as Venture, if not longer.

I don't think the amount of time Venture can stall for is inhently problematic relative to what other characters can do (in terms of stalling abilities, movement abilities and so on).

Last edited:

aurens

Mar 24, 2024
honestly i bet a lot of them are just really high. i've been in enough matches where someone says they're high at the start of the match and then they proceed to run it down mid all game that i can't help but extrapolate.

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
I can't tell you how annoying it is to see "consolation" at the end of a match when almost every single loss is a consolation match. Please stop putting me in games where you think my team will lose 😂

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Every time i duo with a friend in QP, we are getting even worse and lower quality matches. We usually both play Support but the difference in teams can be ridiculous.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
that combo tho 👌

SZDo0.gif

Tommy Showbiz

Jul 20, 2022
I think they should just let Venture be strong IMO

They're probably overtuned to a degree, but I think it's better for the health of the game for strong characters to mix things up. They also seem pretty map dependent and are nowhere near as oppressive as like S8 Mauga.

I think without Venture shaking things up this season, S10 would barely even feel like it was anything other than a new BP.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
I think they should just let Venture be strong IMO

They're probably overtuned to a degree, but I think it's better for the health of the game for strong characters to mix things up. They also seem pretty map dependent and are nowhere near as oppressive as like S8 Mauga.

I think without Venture shaking things up this season, S10 would barely even feel like it was anything other than a new BP.
I think the extra shields at the very least need to be tuned down a bit. It's kinda ridiculous.

OP
OP
Solidsnakejej

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Ana feels very nice in this mode. Having instant damage plus a jump.

Here is a list of changes for the mode, you can also use F1 or whatever the console equivalent is to see the changes.

Might be something they are testing.
UPDATED - Biotic Grenade
Throws a grenade that heals and increases healing on allies, while damaging and reducing healing.

overwatch.blizzard.com

Discover a World Turned Over – the Mirrorwatch Event Begins Today

Overwatch’s heroes have fallen, and the villains now stand for justice in this new limited-time PVP event.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
gonna make us wait for that Kiri skin eh

edit: Sombra with hacking for allies is so weird lol

Last edited:

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
They made Tracer S++ in Mirrorwatch, it's impressive (and fun, more blinks when you take damage), and a rage meter I don't quite understand yet. Won twice in a row with Tracer.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
fucking love playing Mirrorwatch as a tank and my Supports completely ignoring me. slow ass painful completion for the rewards.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
fucking love playing Mirrorwatch as a tank and my Supports completely ignoring me. slow ass painful completion for the rewards.
My experience from first few games was absolutely terrible. Did all roles queue and the game was constantly giving me tanks. Seems like no one knew what to do. But i feel like supports in this mode are more damage focused and depending on the comp they can't keep up with all the damage and CC... etc. I only got one game as a support but it was hard to keep the tank alive. Almost all of my games were terrible tho.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
My experience from first few games was absolutely terrible. Did all roles queue and the game was constantly giving me tanks. Seems like no one knew what to do. But i feel like supports in this mode are more damage focused and depending on the comp they can't keep up with all the damage and CC... etc. I only got one game as a support but it was hard to keep the tank alive. Almost all of my games were terrible tho.

so far i'm getting a good balance of roles. but man, no healing at all from my team is truly sucky.

the new abilities are pretty cool. Ana is way more fun with the double jump like Hanzo. Seems Mercy is busted in this mode tho cuz her attacks hurt like hell.