LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I hate it for a very different reason lol -- the souls that Mercy drops in that mode have a high pitched whine when near them that sounds EXACTLY like what my apartment's fire alarm sounds like through my noise cancelling headphones.

It legitimately made it so I had a low level of stress the entire time playing that mode because every 5 minutes i'd have to take off my headphones because one particular soul would make me question if my fire alarm was going off or not.

It was uncanny. But yes strong ability too that killed me more times than I can count 😂

lmao, i don't notice the sound that much. but that sounds horrible to deal with

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's about pride in your Mecha skills. When the enemy tank tries the counter pick I challenge it at least for 2 deaths to see if their Zarya actually has it. I'd argue most of the time they don't, but I'll swap as soon as they show me they know what they're doing.
This is a healthy mentality to handle counters instead of dying once to a counter then crying about it online like most people seem to do in the OW community lol.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
D.Va can do a lot more than just tank kill anyway. If you're using D.Va to challenge a majority of the tanks head on, you're probably doing it wrong

Tommy Showbiz

Jul 20, 2022
The Porsche trailer would've been fun if it did something new instead of having Dva driving a car to go fight the robots from her cinematic

A big miss for me

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
i fucking hate corpse explosion. whenever i'm on a streak as Tracer, it's the only thing that kills me. Enemy Mercy just waits for me to kill someone and immediately blows up the guy i killed. so glad this shitty ability is just for the event.

I think it's less that she waits for you to kill and more just mashing E whenever something is in range, the cast time is so low on it you might as well lol.

gfbandito

One Winged Slayer
Apr 5, 2020
Good lord the garbage dps are out in full force. Ashe and soldier playing footsies 20 feet from spawn while Mercy, Mauga and I are tearing it up at the objective in Busan.

2 straight rounds of these cowards taking potshots, and they have the nerve to accuse me in match chat of selling. Top heals, more elims than both of them combined cause I'm not a weenie and know how to group up with the mauga when he go brrrrrr.

vmk

Sep 13, 2018
Hellcife
As a middle aged, 40+, guy that barely ever watched anime and couldn't name a single k-pop band this is the first colab I've actually had interest in.

If the OW overall player base skews older there's probably a decent crossover. And I've got several similar aged friends I play with. Will it sell like the other colabs? Most likely not, but us olds are out here playing OW.

I'm near 40, but not a devoted fan of automobilia; and the lack of awareness in a lot of senses in players, which makes me think they're very young, made me wonder if there are as much people like me, or you, that would make Blizz come up with this collab thinking it would be financially viable like the Kpop one.

But if they did come up with that, they mostly have the projection of making substantial profit out of it, as your argument shows.

it's goofy and silly and dumb as hell. but i will buy the skin cuz it's so stupid lol

Just go for it then. Hope there is some nice voice lines in it.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Genuinely hoping Dva starts making engine sounds when you use the booster with the skin. I'd laugh way too much at that.

cosi

Jun 9, 2023
These skins are such an insult. Maybe at $5 I would consider some of them but 20+ per is a joke and like 90% aren't that good to begin with.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
Such a small thing, but I absolutely love the little musical swell that plays when the game does the battlepass complete animation. I almost complete the battle passes just for the lizard brain hit of hearing that heroic swell.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Randomly checked my profile and I'm at level 5 endorsement....

Lol why?

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
What's with people who after winning the first round leave a comp game because they lost the second?

You only consider stomps worth the effort?

vmk

Sep 13, 2018
Hellcife
What's with people who after winning the first round leave a comp game because they lost the second?

You only consider stomps worth the effort?

Kids who are afraid of standing their ground and only consider a win if they see a probability of full holding.
This game is meant to be competitive to the very end of it. I guess they should go back to Fortnite with that mindset.

This game provides so much value in that sense and they waste it gloriously. If any of you kids are reading this,
take two steps back and go back to unranked, or play something else.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Been thinking about it and Mirrorwatch could have REALLY used faster Ultimate building. I can barely get 2 a match. And asking for 20 on each class for the challenge? Really not liking this.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's very annoying that they changed when Press X/Square to cancel search… actually works. It works it you start a search, but no longer works if you've been re-queued in search.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Can't play any mode casually if i want a win for the daily. gotta just sweat it out.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Never felt more bored with the game. 3-4 games is usually max i can play and that's it. Very, very boring and stale season so far. Hopefully something happens after the mid-season patch but balance-wise i just know that it's going to be one big mess.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Never felt more bored with the game. 3-4 games is usually max i can play and that's it. Very, very boring and stale season so far. Hopefully something happens after the mid-season patch but balance-wise i just know that it's going to be one big mess.
Have you tried Marvel Rivals yet?

It doesn't feel as polished and clean as OW and there's plenty of jank, but I'm actually having fun on like every role from the games I've played. I can get you a code later today if you're interested.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

It doesn't feel as polished and clean as OW and there's plenty of jank, but I'm actually having fun on like every role from the games I've played. I can get you a code later today if you're interested.

My ploy to create the begging thread to be top of the queue failed

EzuxxRsXsAAbCDp

/s

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018

I didn't. I was only watching some streamers playing it for a bit. It does look quite fun, but i am not sure what to think about the 3rd person.
I am pretty sure that my PC would not be able to handle the game and that performance would not be the best. But if you get the spare key i would like to try it. Thanks a lot.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
I'd love to try Marvel Rivals too if anyone has a spare code 😇

I could use a break from this -

View: https://x.com/unknownixi/status/1788841125379195187?s=46

It's weird, I feel like that map in particular has the most moments of that where someone is on the point but it doesn't register it. I've run into it at least 3 times on that map I can remember, where I don't know that i've hit it on any other map. It's a bummer when it happens.

Nixius

Feb 20, 2024
Seems like the 3 assholes that were toxic over VC got banned, just got a notification thanking me for reporting.

Oct 25, 2017

Some of these are okay. Some aren't so much.

For example, if you add damage numbers you kind of make it mandatory to have or you play at a small disadvantage. Same thing for the health bars. It's a game played competitively and if you introduce things that give advantage, in a sense you're making it mandatory. I'm not really against the health bars personally though. But adding numbers on top of an already visually cluttered game is probably a mistake. I think these are deceptively bigger changes than they appear and saying it's just optional is not really a good line of thinking.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
Skins look fine enough, pretty inoffensive all things considered. Not gonna spend money on them though lol

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Of the two, I prefer the Pharah skin. I'm not sure if I play her often enough to justify it though, and I've already got a bunch of skins for her I like.

Last edited:

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Playing Marvel Rivals up to level 30 to get the skin in case they make some large improvements, but damn I'm ready to get back to Overwatch.

I miss you role queue, my love....

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm the target demo here but both of those skins are mid. So many incredible porches they could have based them on instead that would have looked incredible.

Oct 25, 2017
Midseason patch drops later today right?

I almost hope tanks are a little OP because I am tired of shitty tanks not being able to fill their role at all.

Playing Marvel Rivals up to level 30 to get the skin in case they make some large improvements, but damn I'm ready to get back to Overwatch.

I miss you role queue, my love....

I didn't get in. I personally think the perspective is hugely ugly.

Oct 25, 2017
At least Marvel Rivals might stir up some competition. It's not like hero/class shooters is exactly a crowded sub-genre atm. TF2 gets no updates. Paladins is a thing but has dwindled over the years. I guess Valorant counts too, but in any event, I hope the competition helps OW2 become a better game.

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
At least Marvel Rivals might stir up some competition. It's not like hero/class shooters is exactly a crowded sub-genre atm. TF2 gets no updates. Paladins is a thing but has dwindled over the years. I guess Valorant counts too, but in any event, I hope the competition helps OW2 become a better game.
I was going to say OW should totally implement the being able to see game history/replays of people on the leaderboards, but then I remembered Overwatch goes out of their way to hide information about other players