• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
is a season 4 of OWL pretty much guaranteed?
Something really bad would have to go down this season for it not to continue past this third season. I would say season 4 is at least 80% going to happen at this stage but we will have a much clearer idea 1-2 months into the season and how the homestands are working out.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I called it, but calling Envy being dropped is like calling the rain when you know the weather forecast. Dude's a known jackass to work with. Now let's wait to hear about Neko...

OP
OP
Solidsnakejej

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Oh no what did he leak this time?

An email that was about wardrobe fitting with time and place that also had Jaws and Reinforce as a receiver along with the rest of the casters, this was before Jaws officially announced.

m0wrgtpryic41.png

OP
OP
Solidsnakejej

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
New PTR out and maybe this won't be 1.45 but rather 1.44.5? The implications of this would be that this would still come out before OWL and the players would have these nerfs as well. See here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiv...ach_metcalf_software_manager_at_blizzard_you/

Current PTR version is 1.44.0.1.65575 v live's 1.44.0.1.65513 which is basically same version number, This would be a good patch to shake up the meta, but I was waiting for confirmation before getting hype.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Current PTR version is 1.44.0.1.65575 v live's 1.44.0.1.65513 which is basically same version number, This would be a good patch to shake up the meta, but I was waiting for confirmation before getting hype.
Perfect thank you, I'm on console so I couldn't check the versions for myself. Well there you go, this plus the fact that apparently the previous PTR dropped at the exact same time as this one and got pushed to live the week after might be a part of the "balance strategy" that Jeff said was going to release by the end of next week.

My take on it is that it's definitely gonna be interesting if they plan to do big changes like this frequently. But I also wonder how that would affect OWL

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I think the current PTR patch will go live and will be the version OWL will be using. I think it will shake a few things up after a few homestands but i expect it will come a bit too soon for those playing in the NY and Dallas homestands to fully change over to any meta that might be established or be playing that meta at a high level.

Also are there any concerns yet being raised over the Chinese homestands with the coronavirus outbreaks and whether they will still go ahead as scheduled?

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Twitch chat is fucking awful.

Still, considering how much bigger Twitch is when it comes to streaming and eSports this is probably a lil concerning.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is annoying. I liked having my esports consolidated on Twitch since I could just track everything with Streamlink.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I spent the last 2 years dumping bits into Twitch for emotes I can't use anymore. Fucking rad.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
On the bright side YouTube handles VODs better than Twitch. And considering games will be played overnight when they're in Asia, that's great. Trying to watch a game I missed on Twitch was a nightmare at times

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Given their push for casuals, this move makes sense. Hard to tell how many eyes are caught on ESPN 2 or the Disney Channel and only gamers go on Twitch

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Given their push for casuals, this move makes sense. Hard to tell how many eyes are caught on ESPN 2 or the Disney Channel and only gamers go on Twitch

I didn't think about the casual market. Kinda makes sense, but I do think it's a step down from Twitch.

All the players are suddenly promoting their YouTube channels, I wonder if this will affect how many keep up personal Twitch streams.