Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
YES YES YES, this new hero is legitimately awesome and got me excited to play again. I felt complete indifference to the last few, but this looks really unique, fun to play and cute!

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
So apparently he and Winston are actually good friends. Nothing malicious. He's just a curious hamster.

But Winston doesn't know that he hitched a ride on his escape pod.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
His name is Wrecking Ball because literally no one knows there's a hamster named Hammond inside.

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
D.Va reporting for duty!

i8a1ut4h9s611.png

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy kit

Wasn't he going to be like a chimpanzee or something though? For some reason I'm kind of disappointed by that

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
That hook has the potential for a high mobility skill ceiling that we lost on the Lucio update.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Crazy kit

Wasn't he going to be like a chimpanzee or something though? For some reason I'm kind of disappointed by that
Well to be honest, that was all speculation by the fans. The thought process was that since it was mentioned that Winston was ONE of the many gorilla and simian specimens, and the name drop of Hammond, people assumed that he was probably a simian. Then an image in Horizon showed a chimpanzee looking at a camera so people assumed that the chimpanzee was Hammond.

The newest version of Horizon gave us Specimen 8's room (Specimen 8 being Hammond's code name) and people saw various fruits like bananas and oranges which fueled the chimpanzee speculation.

But the thing is, Blizzard never stated that Hammond was a chimpanzee or even of the primate family. And those fruits and toys could easily belong to a hamster since hamsters eat the same kind of food.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing I don't like with Wreckingball/Hammond is the cooldown on his grapple. I want to Spider-Man all about the place, forever.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wrecking Ball is literally the ball mech from Metal Warriors on SNES. Love it.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Man once you master his movement, you can get pretty much anywhere quickly. People who were asking for a high skill ceiling, here it is.