Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I love everything about this new character. I haven't played overwatch since the Moira update so I'm eager to get back into it.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
R15559k.gif
Such a unique hero. I love it.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How is overwatch now for casual play? Haven't touched it in a year. Still toxic as all hell, or fine for a few casual rounds?

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy kit

Wasn't he going to be like a chimpanzee or something though? For some reason I'm kind of disappointed by that

That's the funny thing about this though, at no time were we told Hammond was a Chimpanzee. We were only under the impression of it just by a still image, but it wasn't like it was stated outright by anyone who Hammond really was or if that monkey on the camera was Hammond. Meanwhile you can say that much like Science itself, you probably would want to test on smaller animals like Mice (or in this case, a Hamster) before you move onto bigger specimens. Hence why Hammond is "Experiment 8" and probably was their first successful experiment since 1-7 liked died or weren't deemed as a success.

If anything, the idea that Hammond was a Hamster the entire time is probably going to reinforce why people love OverWatch's storytelling as it was a twist in the story no one saw coming (while at the same time, it wasn't like him being a hamster made no sense because fans were able to decipher that mystery on Reddit).

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
How is overwatch now for casual play? Haven't touched it in a year. Still toxic as all hell, or fine for a few casual rounds?
Last week they patched in an Honor/Commendation system like League of Legends used to have and a Looking For Group system, so it's definitely moving in the right direction. People have been reporting much better game quality with LFG than normal matchmaking.

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
And he's confirmed as a tank. I literally only touch two characters and they are both Tanks (from before the update when a bunch were bundled as them). I have to give him a whirl at least!

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Last week they patched in an Honor/Commendation system like League of Legends used to have and a Looking For Group system, so it's definitely moving in the right direction. People have been reporting much better game quality with LFG than normal matchmaking.
Wow, interesting. I'll definitely give it a shot this weekend.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
He's so fun~ Everyone is ust latching on to things and spinning all day right now. lol

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, what other developer releases free DLC as cool as this? This shit is HYPE!

MotionBlue

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, another high mobility, high DPS, high survivability character. Just what Overwatch needed. Power creep is real. Hammond is ridiculously stupid. Feels like OW has jumped the shark.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'm curious as to why people assume that an animal in a vehicle automatically means that Overwatch is Battleborn now.

It's not like Battleborn invented the concept. There have been dozens of games that have featured animals in vehicles doing cool stuff.
Oh boy, another high mobility, high DPS, high survivability character. Just what Overwatch needed. Power creep is real. Hammond is ridiculously stupid. Feels like OW has jumped the shark.
And then you have people saying that OW has jumped the shark when Winston has existed since the announcement of said game.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
A hamster in a ball?

We Battleborn now.

latest

Poor Rumble... People forget that you existed...

I'm curious as to why people assume that an animal in a vehicle automatically means that Overwatch is Battleborn now.

It's not like Battleborn invented the concept. There have been dozens of games that have featured animals in vehicles doing cool stuff.

And then you have people saying that OW has jumped the shark when Winston has existed since the announcement of said game.

Pretty sure at this point, we could make a trope out of the "tiny guy who pilots a big mech" if we haven't already. But yeah, Battleborn didn't invent the concept. All they did was make the hilarious decision of putting a penguin in a mech. Toby was a fun character.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Sombra is about to fuck me up even more with infinite invisibility.

BUT WRECKING BALL IS GLORIOUS!!!

Nokterian

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euroland
Good to see blizzard taking a different course of hero's. Looks like a fun hero to play but mostly how blizzard makes them lovable in everyway.

Kor of Memory

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

It's a very common concept. It's not even Blizzard's first time with it:

sD4q4AA.jpg

thenadamgoes

Nov 17, 2017
Some one please tell me he ejects out and we get to play as a tiny hamster running around and biting peoples ankles.

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
latest

Poor Rumble... People forget that you existed...

Pretty sure at this point, we could make a trope out of the "tiny guy who pilots a big mech" if we haven't already. But yeah, Battleborn didn't invent the concept. All they did was make the hilarious decision of putting a penguin in a mech. Toby was a fun character.

Wait. Is this not a League of Legends character?

Nov 7, 2017
Wrecking ball is awesome. The Sombra changes actually make her playable for me. My biggest complaint was that translocator doesn't last nearly long enough to be effective at the hit and run gameplay strategy. Glad to see they finally fixed that.