• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MMaRsu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
fe68c74e096abbec46fe3c3f7853caf0.jpg

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
This is the cutest thing ever, his little hands on the first person view is everything

Plus he looks fun to play

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I like the idea of this character, but his tether could absolutely break the game. Let's do it. Burn it down.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Im going back into this game. How I've missed you.

I always use Soldier 76 when I've been away for a while, just to warm up and get into the mechanics again.

But my favorite will always be Reinhardt. I do feel an obligation to play with Torbjorn and Brigitte though since they're Norwegian and Swedish. Although Zenyatta is closest to what I am myself.

Anyway. A hamster? Damn cute. Hammond? That's perfect. Yeah, I'm back in. Let's go hamster!

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Hammond is perfection for attacking the first point on Eichenwalde, he can ride right in, attach to the payload and go around in circles knocking opponents off the point. So glad we have another dive character, can't wait for him to go in comp. Having a blast with him so far.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Y'know, given that OW already has three robot characters, I'm really surprised that it took them this long to create a character with the classic bass-y, monotone, Cylon voice.

Yep, but they went with a wrecking ball concept instead... Geoff i think or Jeff said they would like to revisit the magnet hero.
Oh, okay. That would super cool.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can hammond tether in on Allies or Enemies? I want to take a ride with Pharah and drop down on the enemies from above.

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
So I think I saw people here say "Hammond" before this reveal. Did they know it was a hamster?

Oct 25, 2017
I like that he can do so much, but I wish the controls were set up differently. Because I use a split controller and mouse I don't really have enough easy to access buttons for Hammond. Something like Brigitte's shield bash would be nice where the controls change depending on what you're doing.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Can hammond tether in on Allies or Enemies? I want to take a ride with Pharah and drop down on the enemies from above.
No.

From my bit of PTR play, it works like Widow's hookshot, only you can hang on it. It also gets shorter as you move, so you can't just flail back and forth. I seem to break it unintentionally a lot, but that might be a bug.

It's kinda hard to use overall, alongside the ground pound.

TwoCoins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Houston Tx
So I think I saw people here say "Hammond" before this reveal. Did they know it was a hamster?

People knew Hammond's name for a long time through the lore... but they thought he was a monkey like chimp because their was one looking at the camera in a pic....some would jokingly say it's a hamster but nobody really believed it. Although the name is really on the nose.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People knew Hammond's name for a long time through the lore... but they thought he was a monkey like chimp because their was one looking at the camera in a pic....some would jokingly say it's a hamster but nobody really believed it. Although the name is really on the nose.
The name and lore hints were a deliberate fake out to make you think he was a chimp. Ham is the name of the first US Chimp in Space, "Mond" is moon in German.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So how do you go about getting back into the game? I've never been really good at it but I've played it for hours, mostly around launch.

Should I stick to one hero and practice the basics, get used to the rules, memorize the maps and so on. Or should I try change my hero picks depending on the situation to practice adapting?

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
There was one guy on Reddit who pieced enough in-game clues together to figure out it was a hamster, but most people just thought it was another gorilla like Winston.
Wow, that's nuts! Thanks for the explanation.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
So how do you go about getting back into the game? I've never been really good at it but I've played it for hours, mostly around launch.

Should I stick to one hero and practice the basics, get used to the rules, memorize the maps and so on. Or should I try change my hero picks depending on the situation to practice adapting?
Its better to be good with a hero than to switch around back and forth. Its important to build up ultimate abilities and learn to use them well. so I would say stick with one here for the beginning, once you main a hero you can always spread out to others later out.

I for example started with hanzo back in the day, but spread out to lucio and roadhog as my side chicks. those 3 heroes are now heroes I can play well and use whenever I either need a tank, healer or damage class. From there I started using junkrat, or zenyatta to diversify it a bit. you want to pick a hero that you feel plays fun. Its better to go that way than to see what the meta demands you to play. its a game afterall and if you have fun, you play better and are more helpful to the team.

Oct 25, 2017
Also, was thinking if he's gonna have 1 second cooldown on his grapling hook in total myhem. That would be some spiderman wreckling ball shit grapling hook trough buildings... lol

Deleted member 21601

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just finished a Quick Play match with Hammond on our team. And he fits right in. Love this new hero already :D

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Pro-tip by the way guys, Hammond can ground pound even when not in ball form, as long as you jump off of a ledge with enough height you can do it without entering ball form first, same with the hook.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I just checked the Blizzard forums (namely the PTR Feedback section) & there are already people asking for Hammond to be referred to by his real name in-game. I guess people don't really like the name "Wrecking Ball" as his official name.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I just checked the Blizzard forums (namely the PTR Feedback section) & there are already people asking for Hammond to be referred to by his real name in-game. I guess people don't really like the name "Wrecking Ball" as his official name.

I'm just not a fan of a two word hero name. It's different from the naming scheme of the rest of the hero names. It also doesn't have a "classy" ring to it. It sounds like something you'd see in Paladins.