Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Ha ha, f*ck you RNG.

Playing Mystery Heroes attack on Rialto map, defenders get triple Junkrat to start the match and we spend the first couple of minutes getting bombarded from all sides. We finally manage to push the payload in overtime and get to the first checkpoint, only for the RNG to end up giving the defenders three Torbjorn who set their turrets up in the building across from the bridge and we spend the rest of the match getting cut to pieces because RNG gives us a close-range comp.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
People will be back for Sym and the new hero once that gets revealed. But this meta has been the most boring of them all it seems like. I'd like to even turn back to dive if the option was there.

terrordactyl

Oct 25, 2017
Forget the thread. Barely anyone in my list is playing this game. I'm surprised people still post in here.

I still play a little haha. what I recently noticed is that I don't have 5 pages of friends who have placed, it's down to 2, but the people I consistently play with are all there. Chalk it up to summer for a few. I do see some people I haven't seen for a year online. But overall the health of the community seems a bit down, I still see a lot of unique players though, which is impressive for 400+ games played this season

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad we don't have endorsements yet, because fuck this game right now. The first game I play in over 2 weeks, and no one is in voice except a guy bitching about having one healer (which I switch to, but he ignores), we have a nonsensical team comp, and getting spawn camped from the onset. Of course I am like "fuck this" and quit immediately. This is going to me my worst season of all time, but just you try and make me give a shit when the game is just such shit right now. Screw this meta and screw brigette. Symmetra is coming, LFG is coming, Endorsements are coming, all good things, but if I can't get out of this funk, then overwatch is over for me. Which might not even be that bad a thing. 2 years, most of them good times, it's been a hell of a ride, but right now, the game is simply awful.

ZeroCoin

Oct 26, 2017
I had a rough batch of comp games the other day. First match gets canceled right away because someone quits.

Next match starts ok, but again, someone quits. We manage to make a decent showing with only 5 players until the next round starts and we get a 6th. Win the second point, team switches up for the third point but can't get it done. Not bad considering the rough start, so I play another. Next match is immediately ruined again because someone takes an early death and leaves the match.

Should've quit while I was behind. Next match is defense on Volskaya....Hog and Reaper decide that they are going to go right up outside the attacker spawn. Steamrolled the rest of us, took the point, couple more leave, and we never recover. I finished the match up and called it a night.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, no matter what they do, trying to stop people from quitting at the start is impossible unless you get a full group. Hopefully the incoming role queue LFG system will alleviate this issue.

Oct 26, 2017
Forget the thread. Barely anyone in my list is playing this game. I'm surprised people still post in here.

I still play basically every day but just not as late at the mo so usually finished playing by the time US folk are on.

Had a mystery game attack on Hollywood. We had two Brigs (I was one) a Zen, Mercy and two Bastions. No one died and we just walked through to the finish. Felt bad. Brig is kinda ridiculous but two is crikey motherfuck.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
That Shinya X Sym ava is grand xD
<3 thanks, i almost dropped the idea because i thought i wouldn't be able to finish it in time

I should make some prints

here is a bigger version i don wanna post on the ow fanart thread because idk if posting my own work is allowed

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know you drew. I like to draw too. And yes, you can post your own art in the fan art thread.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't know you drew. I like to draw too. And yes, you can post your own art in the fan art thread.
Yeah, I mentioned I'd do this one back in the owl thread but I didnt know the patch would drop so soon so i had to rush it a bit >u<

(i should draw/post more stuff as i sorta work with that, that and game design but well)

Now I'm curious, did you post anything yours there o3o?

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I mentioned I'd do this one back in the owl thread but I didnt know the patch would drop so soon so i had to rush it a bit >u<

(i should draw/post more stuff as i sorta work with that, that and game design but well)

Now I'm curious, did you post anything yours
there o3o?

Not really. Never got around to drawing any OW fan art.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
There is no way Symmetra can make the game better, in fact it's going to make the game a lot worse. Everything we knew about map advantage, positioning or relative safety etc will go out of the window. Stuff that is not supposed to be reaching certain places, will be getting there. Chokepoints will be meaningless and even more boring AF tank heavy comps will be played on even more points/maps. You thought you could counter 303 with junkrat spam at the choke? Sorry we're already on the point, we never passed the choke, btw there is this inifite shield right here, you have to come to us, glhf.

stingsabit

Nov 4, 2017
Maybe the update won't come today?

mRCtTR1.gif

stingsabit

Nov 4, 2017
When I login it says June 19th, Tuesday at 9pm PM (PDT) until 10pm PDT... is that their usual patch hours?

I guess the patch will come next week after season 10 is done :(

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
After dropping from a season high of 3050 back down to 2670, I am now back up to 2900. God, there's no worse feeling of finally getting over that hump of being on the border of diamond only to fall back down 300 points. There's no feeling like it tbh.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
After dropping from a season high of 3050 back down to 2670, I am now back up to 2900. God, there's no worse feeling of finally getting over that hump of being on the border of diamond only to fall back down 300 points. There's no feeling like it tbh.
I know your pain. 3151 to 2800s and never got back :(

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
First game of overwatch in about 6 months

"Shit the fuck up your so fucking gay I can't here your retarded as you stupid mother fucker. Wish your mom would have swallowed you dumb fuck"

Aaaaa it's nice to be back...

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

"Shit the fuck up your so fucking gay I can't here your retarded as you stupid mother fucker. Wish your mom would have swallowed you dumb fuck"

Go orisa and spam "do you need a hug?"

Yeah i had to report two dudes on no limits for griefing and spam yesterday, this community is lost.
Who throws games on arcade ffs :|

Yup. It's a struggle. No idea if I will even get back before season ends.
If you're on 2900s id advise you to wait for the placements tbh, I'll pray for your sanity if you decide to keep going, if it helps

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017

what platform are you on? i've never heard anything remotely resembling this in the year and a half i've owned the game.

there was one day where i kept running into a super racist duo and muted them, and a few times that really pessimistic people made a comp match less fun, but that's really all.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
what platform are you on? i've never heard anything remotely resembling this in the year and a half i've owned the game.

there was one day where i kept running into a super racist duo and muted them, and a few times that really pessimistic people made a comp match less fun, but that's really all.
Xbox. For a game so colorful it sure brings out the worst in people :P

Oct 28, 2017
Games ending with +1 gold kills. Matchmaking must be having a hard time finding anyone to match me in because I'm getting crushed.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Games ending with +1 gold kills. Matchmaking must be having a hard time finding anyone to match me in because I'm getting crushed.

Well, today I've been on the crushing team for several games. Its why I decided to quit early instead of push my luck. Last 2 games we full held, then on attack won on first push.

That brought me to 6-1 in placements so far, playing only Moira, Mercy, and Orisa. Might finish placements tonight, not sure yet.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Apparently I'm a Reindhart main. This character is dumb as fuck. Mercy and Sym require more mechanical skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.