• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Sold my gaming pc and only ever played Overwatch there - making the jump to PS4/Console shooters...any tips? I got pretty far up on PC but played a quick arcade round this morning on console before work...it seemed easier weirdly??

Put jump on L2 for everyone and use custom control layouts for everyone.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Put jump on L2 for everyone and use custom control layouts for everyone.
Good tips, using a trigger for jump is a must on console (I use L1). I also bind some abilities to the L3/R3 buttons for ease of access (ie. Reinhart fireStrike, Ana 'nade, etc.)
Sold my gaming pc and only ever played Overwatch there - making the jump to PS4/Console shooters...any tips? I got pretty far up on PC but played a quick arcade round this morning on console before work...it seemed easier weirdly??
Consoles probably felt easier because when you you create a new account they match you against low rank players. As you play more you'll get matched with players of similar skill levels.

A little console tip is to play around with the aim settings/sensitivity to find what feels most comfortable, but keep the same settings/sensitivity for each character to maintain muscle-memory.

Lastly, another setting that affects your accuracy is your "aim technique" (controls > wireless > advanced). This Reddit post explains how each "aim technique" differs:
74rdxdex2zuy.jpg

Linear: You tilit the stick at 25% you turn at 25% speed, it's 1-1 all the way through.

Exponential: if you remember your maths exponential formulas create a curved ramp because they increase in a non 1-1 way.

Dual Zone: This was created because people felt exponential was too slow in turning a 180, while also not having enough precision at the low angles (check me on this please). But basically for the vast majority of your stick angle the sensitivity is low, then at the last, say 10%, the sensitivity quickly goes to max.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Some small adjustments in latest PTR
HERO UPDATES
Doomfist
  • Seismic Slam
    • Can now target through railings
Mei
  • Ice Wall
    • Easier to place on thin surfaces
    • Appears less jittery when placing while moving around
Reaper
  • Shadow Step
Symmetra
  • Teleporter
    • Players that use your Teleporter now continue to look in their current viewing direction
BUG FIXES
Heroes
General
  • Fixed a bug where your view would become level with the horizon after using Symmetra's Teleporter
Doomfist
  • Fixed a bug where Doomfist would get caught on door frames when impacting a wall
Reaper
  • Fixed a bug where Shadow Step's placement target would fall from ledges
  • Fixed a bug where Reaper was able to gain capture progress on an objective while phased using Shadow Step
Symmetra
  • Fixed a bug where the Teleporter's placement target would fall from ledges

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to play Zen but Zen mercy combo isn't enough healing when team took way too much unnecessary damage. Or getting purple for reasons. Enemy rein got cocky in chat saying he was glad to not be with the person on our team and was ready to gain the SR they lost last game.

I ended up playing Ana on our attack to make up for the lack of healing and decided that even if they got a zarya I can make it work with ana.

Also GG for blizzard buffing junkrat because they really enjoy spam kills.

Anyways we ended up winning the game and I ended up with 23k healing (34% of team damage)

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Dont you love when half the team has mics but no one will make callouts or says strats and will only use their mics for flaming?

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah I think I might have some of you guys added on ps4, but I'm always nervous to invite people to games. so I just play w/ randoms

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
whats up with duo stack picking support and doing jack shit? i just was trying to fill but the questionable people playing support to dps needs to stop. one game last night im like. did the ana even try to heal me. i walked around the color as zarya and died a few seconds later.

Discontent

May 25, 2018
Is PS4 laggy af for everyone or just me? It was perfect, never had a problem before this update but now it's terrible.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Can we get an event like the HOTS one instead of Summer Games again?
$

I'd rather have something like this for Pig than ... i dont know Roadhog who also plays tennis skin

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
tbh I'd be fine if they did away with event skin themes and just did whatever
Can we get an event like the HOTS one instead of Summer Games again?
$

I'd rather have something like this for Pig than ... i dont know Roadhog who also plays tennis skin

I'm of the same mindset, to be honest. It kills me that some of the heroes best skins are not in Overwatch, and I would love to be Rambo Hanzo or Cyber Demon Zarya in Overwatch.

Besides, I hated the Summer Games when they have diverted from Olympic-themed sports to.... American Football and Baseball? I would like it if it was more of a "Fun In The Sun"-type of deal, like how (again) Heroes of the Storm had that fun Summer-themed event where most of the characters sported fun summer swim wear.

259px-Tracer_Slip_%27N_Stream.jpg

Or when they had several characters crossing over to different Blizzard universes and we got neat stuff like Ghost Spectre Tracer (Starcraft).

234px-Tracer_Spectre.jpg

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
I'm of the same mindset, to be honest. It kills me that some of the heroes best skins are not in Overwatch, and I would love to be Rambo Hanzo or Cyber Demon Zarya in Overwatch.

Besides, I hated the Summer Games when they have diverted from Olympic-themed sports to.... American Football and Baseball? I would like it if it was more of a "Fun In The Sun"-type of deal, like how (again) Heroes of the Storm had that fun Summer-themed event where most of the characters sported fun summer swim wear.

-snip

Or when they had several characters crossing over to different Blizzard universes and we got neat stuff like Ghost Spectre Tracer (Starcraft).

-snip
I maintain that Sombra's summer outfit would've been truly next level if she wore the flippers complete with the sound of wet flipper running:

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
big brain orisa shield throw into pharahs face because she decided to try to play sneaky to ult backline.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Is PS4 laggy af for everyone or just me? It was perfect, never had a problem before this update but now it's terrible.
I was playing OverWatch into the early morning today and I had no problem with lag. Do other online PS4 games lag when you play?
14k healing (39%) on dorado defense as Baptiste

and that was with an Ana
Baptiste has a higher healing output than ana if he can consistently hit/heal 2+ teammates. Plus Ana heal-nade increases your healing to 90 hp per grenade per teammate, that's why I love playing Baptiste with an Ana.

Last edited:

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I love Baptiste, not to say I don't enjoy most of the others but he's possibly the first character that they've added that really, truly clicks with me

having tons of fun with Torb in qp right now, molten core is one of the most satisfying abilities in the game imo

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Baptiste is quite fun to play. I still need to figure out when to use the invulnerability drone - I often use it to assist with pushes or holding a choke, but I often regret that decision because then an ult comes in I could've protected my team from.

That said, I wish it was easier to handle where the thing lands exactly. Dude throws it across the fucking map lol.

259px-Tracer_Slip_%27N_Stream.jpg

234px-Tracer_Spectre.jpg

In all fairness, they did the fun in the sun type skins in 2017. Cabana Ana, Cote d'Azur Widow, Grilldad 76 and Baywatch McCree all were in that year. 2018 on the other hand was more sports-focused and also brought a few more flag-based purple tier skins.
They might alternate between sports and general summer stuff, perhaps.

That said, I do agree that there's a bunch of HotS skins that would be really cool to have in Overwatch.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Baptiste is absolutely wonderful. I like him a lot but at the same time fear him as well.

He might start the Bunker meta and it's something I don't like to deal with even with so many hours on Bastion.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Baptiste is absolutely wonderful. I like him a lot but at the same time fear him as well.

He might start the Bunker meta and it's something I don't like to deal with even with so many hours on Bastion.

So much for "We just wanted to add him to the game for no meta-defining thingy", as looking at his kit, he seems like Orisa and Baptiste are going to be best buds for life.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
its one of those things where you build grav but looks at enemy comp and only really worth using grav for the enemy benji glade. so i just sit on the grav and when i hear him blade. instead of looking for where he lands and throws it at him. i just look at a random spot on the ground and hit Q. what are the odds he walks into it? i hear him dash and he just walks into the grav sitting on the ground LMFAO

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The matchmaker needs to differentiate between premade teams and LFG teams when determining fairness of a match.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Oh god, Competitive Elimination is so terrible. Everything takes forever and while not playing well, everyone takes it too seriously. Just here for points for another golden gun and arcade boxes... Calm down guys.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
tfw team gets wipe and full hp valk mercy tried to chase me (70hp ana) into a room. strafing until my nade was off CD because she can't hit me if her ammo was the size of a bus. nade us both. left click + melee + left click. LOL.

people on the team was watching my cam while they were in spawning

predrag

Oct 27, 2017
Two nights in a row had a pleasure to meet with the same people. I start solo, after a game or two it happens that we are in the same team. They are good, funny, overly positive kids. Even if we lose a match or two, it's ok, there is no toxicity. Imagine every time playing with people who understand the game and their heroes/roles while communicating nicely...

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i got 3400 points for another gold weapon. already spent it on baps. might get it for winston now. or mei just because.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
i got 3400 points for another gold weapon. already spent it on baps. might get it for winston now. or mei just because.

I got all the Gold Weapons for the Support Heroes before Baptiste arrived, so after I get his, I'll be finishing off for the Tank heroes.

Don't care for the Damage heroes, aside from Mei (who I treat more as an Off-Tank than DPS), so I got heroes after Lucio a long time ago.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I got all the Gold Weapons for the Support Heroes before Baptiste arrived, so after I get his, I'll be finishing off for the Tank heroes.

Don't care for the Damage heroes, aside from Mei (who I treat more as an Off-Tank than DPS), so I got heroes after Lucio a long time ago.
i thought i would be able to play ashe but that never happened. but at least Bob is golden.

also i need to play bap more because i need to put in my head that his ult isn't a shield.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
i thought i would be able to play ashe but that never happened. but at least Bob is golden.

also i need to play bap more because i need to put in my head that his ult isn't a shield.

It's funny, as even before they redesigned his ult to make sure it didn't resemble a barrier, it clicked to me that it wasn't a wall that would protect me from all the bad people trying to kill me.

I still find his jump to be un-intuitive, as it's keyed on the crouch button and it feels awkward to usel. If that ability was keyed on the space bar (to press and hold, then release), it would make playing Baptiste more intuitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.