• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solus

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly at this point I'd be happy if just 8v8 and/or 10v10 would show up regularly in arcade mode...

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
anyone actually added up all the purchases they made since OW like event boxes and name changes for the game?

anyways, its lower than than i thought. $664.79 (may need to add $20 for the ps4 version) and 1 more for alt.

£25, the cost of the game. I will never ever buy a loot box in any game, and lol at their coin prices being a third the games cost for 1 skin.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Also, I want Big Team Battle already. I still can't believe they haven't tried implementing that yet. Gimme 12v12.
Haha, that would awesome just for the pure chaos of it all, along with all the extreme character imbalances, like making Lucio's healing auora super OP.
I remember about a year ago there was a glitch that allowed 12 players and 12 bots in the same game. It was fun but hectic as hell.

Edit: Found a clip I took of it. I remember now that it was also total mayhem lol

Legend says that this 12-player total-mayham match is still going on to this very day lol.

I know that video was a glitch, but is the 12v12 match possible to make in the WorkShop?

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Did they change something about matchmaking on PS4? I'm getting into comp matches in <10 seconds every time now. It doesn't even have time to put me into a skirmish.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love one tricking Bastion in plat. I know the shit won't fly in higher level games but seeing people message me to switch promptly followed by friend requests when i do crazy shit is hilarious.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Ashe nendoroid, december
no full size B.O.B. :(

D_KHKSoVAAEgPbp

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
I swear, if I play after 10pm all I get are idiots on my team. Of course, the other people are probably saying that of me, but it really feels like I get stuck with idiots and the other team is nothing but OWL practice squad. Why the hell does teamwork go out the window when I play late.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
I swear, if I play after 10pm all I get are idiots on my team. Of course, the other people are probably saying that of me, but it really feels like I get stuck with idiots and the other team is nothing but OWL practice squad. Why the hell does teamwork go out the window when I play late.
Had a couple of comp matches in a row like this last night, DPS that weren't moving with the team and so the tanks and supports (moi) were getting chewed up constantly by highly organized opponents. Happens.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Summer games happening sooner then usual and a challenge(Ana, Bap,DVA) event during each week to earn epic skins

Hero is going to be late is a "He"

Anti-cheat system, if system detects cheat comp game will be voided, neither team gains/loses SR.

More Developer updates coming.

Last edited:

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
he is coming soon?
vid ends with a Symmetra glamour shot?

hmmmmmmm
latest

hmmmmmmmmmmmm 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

it's not gonna be him but I Want To Believe

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's got to be either Mauga or the omnic guy from the Archives event (although I maintain that's actually a tease for the "Overwatch 2" story mode spinoff thing).

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Kinda glad summer games are earlier, later in August always felt kinda late. I guess Mauga is the front runner. Hope he has new tech since Babtiste blew him up. Two big machine guns and a shield sound basic AF.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I wonder if that anti-cheat system will be at all capable of detecting the massive increase in XIM users on consoles since last winter?

It won't. Blizzard doesn't care.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Hey I got 2 random questions I thought of while playing OverWatch last night:

1) Do support players gain bonus ULT charge % for healing heroes that self-damage themselves (eg. Pharah, Zarya)?

This was a common strategy in Team Fortress 2 to quickly build Uber-charge (TF2's ULT), but I never tested it in OverWatch.

2) Does Lucio's "HipityHop" skin increase his headshot area, since its bigger than the default size?
600px-OverwatchLucioHippityHopSkin.jpg

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Hey I got 2 random questions I thought of while playing OverWatch last night:

1) Do support players gain bonus ULT charge % for healing heroes that self-damage themselves (eg. Pharah, Zarya)?

This was a common strategy in Team Fortress 2 to quickly build Uber-charge (TF2's ULT), but I never tested it in OverWatch.

2) Does Lucio's "HipityHop" skin increase his headshot area, since its bigger than the default size?
no, I believe healing self-damage actually gives the healer no ult charge

skins don't affect hit boxes
some people actually prefer to use skins that make character's head seem larger (eg. Widow's Noire) to throw people off but honestly I don't think it has a huge effect anyway

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
no, I believe healing self-damage actually gives the healer no ult charge

skins don't affect hit boxes
some people actually prefer to use skins that make character's head seem larger (eg. Widow's Noire) to throw people off but honestly I don't think it has a huge effect anyway
Ah okay, I'm glad self-damage doesn't give ult charge, because teammates would be shooting themselves instead of the enemy lol.

That's good to hear, because hippity-hop is my favorite skin.

Also, thanks for the quick answers.

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
Wife started to play some Overwatch and got her first quad kill tonight, was so satisfying to watch, they ended up winning and got the team kill as well. I haven't played in ages so was great to watch it.

Also surprised that level 100+ are still being matched into sub level 15 games, thought that might have been irroned out by now but maybe not enough players. Will just keep watching her games and being a spectator :p

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Wife started to play some Overwatch and got her first quad kill tonight, was so satisfying to watch, they ended up winning and got the team kill as well. I haven't played in ages so was great to watch it.

Also surprised that level 100+ are still being matched into sub level 15 games, thought that might have been irroned out by now but maybe not enough players. Will just keep watching her games and being a spectator :p

Level doesn't corelate with skill level. There are some gold border players still in gold, etc.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Jumped back in after almost a year off and really liking Baptiste. How does he stack up in the current meta? Seems pretty strong to me outside of his ult being hard to use.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Jumped back in after almost a year off and really liking Baptiste. How does he stack up in the current meta? Seems pretty strong to me outside of his ult being hard to use.

Baptiste is a hero where a lot of his abilities rely on teammates staying grouped - If they're scattered or spread out, his effectiveness drops massively. He also has the issue of being unreliable of healing teammates at long range, and if no one wants to shoot through Amplification Matrix, then you might as well swap off to another Main Healer that works best with uncoordinated comps (or comps that are DPS heavy).

With that said, his kit is a strong enabler of entrenched comps (Bunker &/or Pirate Ship), due to AOE healing, amplification matrix, and immortality field is a very strong non-ultimate ability when used strategically. It's still early where he will fair off down the road, but Baptiste has his own niche if you can coordinate with your teammates for the above mentioned entrenched comps.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
So uh....Jayne left social media.

This is somewhat more OWL related, but Jayne's become a pretty large pillar of the OW community as a whole. Sad to see him come to this and have to just disconnect to stay mentally healthy.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017

This is somewhat more OWL related, but Jayne's become a pretty large pillar of the OW community as a whole. Sad to see him come to this and have to just disconnect to stay mentally healthy.

Yeah, his post is fairly well written and really heartbreaking. He actually lives near my hometown and I saw him play at a locan LAN tourney right before he was announced as the coach of Team Canada last year. Great guy. Hope things turn around for him and Fuel before the season ends.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada

Jayne is the reason I'm playing OWL as enthusiastically as I am. Hopefully he's talking to someone about this, as he needs a professional that knows what they're doing.

I'll miss him. :(

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Think I'm ready to take another break from this for a while.

It's not really down to poor teams (though that is a part of it) but I'm just getting tired of being forced into the same roles and characters all the time. I pretty much always have to play either tank or support, and pretty much always a main one, which means I basically feel forced into playing Rein, Orisa, Mercy or Moira if I want any remote chance of a well rounded team in competitive.
Don't get me wrong, they're fun to play, but when they're all you ever play you start getting a bit sick of them.

I could go to Quick Play but,
1) Even there you get people complaining about team comp so you feel pushed into one of the above because everyone wants to be DPS
2) I like the multi-round nature of competitive compared to the single round nature of Quickplay. In QP it's basically one and done. At least with multiple rounds there's some elements of turnaround that just makes it more exciting.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Take with a grain of salt, but Seagull traveling and doing a big stream on Thursday, OWL making announcement on Thursday.

Might be for something different But its at 11 am PST which is the usual update time

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.