• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Those matches when your QuickPlay team of 6 randos who are not on comms steamrolls a full 6-stack in a party are amazing. Feels so. Damn. Good.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Don't know if it's patch related, but none of my mouse keybinds are working anymore after the patch. Profile works fine in the Logitech software, but not in the game itself; disconnected and reconnected the mouse, restarted my PC, shut down my PC, same result.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Im really pissed that voice chat stopped working for me on ps4, why the hell do i still pay for plus? >_>

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
One thing I noticed...Ashe got zero voice lines. Didn't she come out last year after the Summer Games?

stingsabit

Nov 4, 2017
So each year now we're getting less and less cosmetics? Only 4 Legendaries while the hero pool keeps growing is a joke. Also the Epic skins are a joke, they're starting to look like OWL skins. No, thank and you.

Can't complain about Hanzo's tho. Though wish it was more shirtless but whatever

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
So each year now we're getting less and less cosmetics? Only 4 Legendaries while the hero pool keeps growing is a joke. Also the Epic skins are a joke, they're starting to look like OWL skins. No, thank and you.

Can't complain about Hanzo's tho. Though wish it was more shirtless but whatever
next year he's just going to be wearing a speedo. jk its going to be Torb

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
So the game is pretty much unplayable on ps4 after the update. Everytime someone uses the communication wheel the screen freezes briefly, pressing options freezes the screen for a second as well before opening the menu, switching heroes also causes a short screen freeze

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
closing and relaunching the game does help, temporarily

if you're on PC, closing the chat window altogether supposedly prevents the bug

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
I made an account to see how far I could go one tricking Zarya SoloQ, currently in QP leveling playing whatever and this Genji got obliterated to the point I didn't even see him on my screen.

Also, I found another guy doing the same with a 'Seominsoo' GT and guy was absolutely nutty, charged like 2 gravs in less than a minute.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Got to play a match in the Blizzard arena on the match computers today, with my non-ranked coworkers. Unsurprisingly, four gold medals and POTG on Moira :P.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two days in a row now and I can't see a single competitive group available in LFG but I can see for all other modes. What gives? Surely it's not completely dead on Xbox in Europe?

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else getting insane performance issues on PS4 Pro, or is my PS4 dying?

EDIT: Should've just read upwards. Glad it isn't my console. WTF did they do?

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Leak from OWL 2-2-2 coming in hot, makes me think we're not seeing it on PTR on Thursday

Also it seems if you spam voice lines on console it could cause lag issues and PC has chat lag issues
Good to hear Blizzard is at least listening to concerns about which heroes will suffer the most due to role lock.

It does make me wonder what they'll do with heros like Reaper and Mei considering most of their recent buffs were to combat goats.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Just played a quad support, one tank, one dps game as Pharah on Hollywood and won. So many elims and I basically couldn't die if I picked off their McCree. Yes it helped that the enemy had a Reaper who wouldn't switch and a charge-happy Rein but that was pretty hilarious.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Has Blizzard said anything about an ETA for the patch fix? I'm still having mouse problems, but even though I don't know if it's related to the other issues people are having I want to wait and see if it is before I do anything drastic.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
On PS4 Hog's hook chain isn't actually appearing when I throw it out.

Also the sound isn't appearing for enemy ult lines

Last edited:

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
The stutters on console are pretty bad. Might have to take a break until they patch it, since I really dislike any type of frame pacing issues.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
I just can't see people hyping up either of those announcements this much, 2-2-2 is something that leak a month ago and that we are getting a new hero isn't huge its expected. There has to be more to it. Especially for Seagull to go to Blizzard HQ, he doesn't like traveling, he didn't even go to the Dallas Home stand.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Watchpoint just leak, 2-2-2 Confirms coming to the game soon

Role Lock Details:

- All comp are: 2 damage, 2 tanks, 2 supports
Players can't change roles during map can change heroes within role
(OWL)players can change roles between maps

3B4NtLL.png

Last edited:

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I just can't see people hyping up either of those announcements this much, 2-2-2 is something that leak a month ago and that we are getting a new hero isn't huge its expected. There has to be more to it. Especially for Seagull to go to Blizzard HQ, he doesn't like traveling, he didn't even go to the Dallas Home stand.

I'm keeping my expectations in-check, as every time when there's a "BIG, DRAMATIC ANNOUNCEMENT" for this game, it's either misdirected or not that big of a deal.

Remember the "Internet Breaking D.Va skin" Jeff teased for Anniversary? More players were hyped for Winston and Mei's.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I'm keeping my expectations in-check, as every time when there's a "BIG, DRAMATIC ANNOUNCEMENT" for this game, it's either misdirected or not that big of a deal.

Remember the "Internet Breaking D.Va skin" Jeff teased for Anniversary? More players were hyped for Winston and Mei's.
Exactly. Just don't expect anything big so you don't get disappointed. Those ppl are there to hype things up, it's their job.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México

It's gonna be the role queue announcement (probably seagull streaming or something)

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
In one of my first lootboxes, I unlocked WaveRacer D.Va and now I just gained enough coins to buy Cabana Ana. Last year, I got Widow's bikini skin and Mercy's Goddess skin.

With those skins, I have nothing I actually want to get from Summer games anymore. As I mentioned before, I like Torb's, Hanzo's and Genji's new skins, but I don't like any of them more than the ones I already have. Magni/Uprising/Viking Torb, Scion/Cyberninja/Casual Hanzo, and Oni/Sentai/Baihu are all better. If I did unlock them, literally the only way I'd actually use them would be if they put in a "random" option and got them by chance.

I'm mainly saying this because while there have been events where I didn't buy lootboxes before, I've never had an event where I had no interest in buying lootboxes before.

And I wonder how many people feel the same. Because this skin economy...it worked fine for the first few years because everyone was excited about their favorite characters getting awesome skins, and for some that didn't happen for a long time. But now, I have atleast one of what I consider an A+ skin skin for literally every character (Except Hammond, but he's still new, so I'm not sweating it). Because I don't think the skins we have this year are that bad. It sucks that we have less of them, but I still think Torb, Hanzo, and Genji all look great. They just don't look as great as the other great skins we got before, so why would I buy them? And I'm sure others feel the same way as I do, even fi their tastes differ.

This means that Blizzard isn't getting their gambling money nowadays, so they need to find another revenue stream.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
It just seems weird that that would be it since its leaked about 5 million times already.
That doesn't make it a small deal in any shape or form though and most people watching OWL or playing the game in general probably aren't even aware of these leaks. The message needs to reach millions, not just the people browing Reddit or something.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
With 2-2-2 being a thing, will there be separate SR's for Damage, Tank, & Support? If so, will there be an SR reset next season?
Yes. That's one thing they've confirmed that with different roles, you get different SR. And it's not sure whether they'll go for a full reset or not, but I imagine doing it any other way is harder than just saying "fuck it, do over"

Status
Not open for further replies.