• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyGlover

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm having more fun with maining Zen now. Hitting headshot on target so far away is satisfying as hell. Seems he's the best for me to climb in healer role, and most people in this rank (low plat) know how to play around Zen than Baptiste or Ana.

No more frustration from teammate who keep going out of Immortality Field range or waking up sleeping enemies.

I love healing with Ana but wow am I garbage at helping the team output damage with her. Definitely feel more useful with Zen as well.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
The results of your matches in the Role Queue Beta are not being thrown out and will be used by the matchmaking systems to help determine your skill in season 18.

What the blog post was trying to explain is that the Role Queue Beta season's stats in your player profile will only be available for a limited time, and they will not be added to your career competitive totals that you can see when you choose "ALL COMPETITIVE SEASONS" in your career stats.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Honestly, I think 2-2-2 is the worst thing that has happened to the game. Actively making me not really want to play it again. The game is a lot more rigid because you can't switch around. The waiting time to play DPS is dreadful. And it is the absolute worst feeling being stuck with a certain role while the people in your team are absolutely throwing the game, without being able to switch to fall in.

I'll give it some more time. But I'm not really enjoying it.
Idk why ,but I could have sworn people intentionally throw more often in diamond now more than ever... some people are like eh this isn't my main role why give a fuck basically..... probably the biggest mistake making each role different rank not 2 2 2.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
If season 18 begins and there are no major character updates and changes then this game is dead to me. Two weeks of 2/2/2 is not fun, I don't feel like there is more skill involved in any of the matches I've played, win or lose. The only time I feel like I can make any sort of difference on a team is in the dps role, meanwhile in tank and healer queues I feel like I'm being punished with no real way to change it up that isn't just a different way of tanking or healing. So it's either possibly get stuck with bad dps or suffer through dps queues. Solo queue players and flex players are extremely punished in this current setup as well.

Real down on this game since the change, probably the end of me playing it until they change something major.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I'm having more fun with maining Zen now. Hitting headshot on target so far away is satisfying as hell. Seems he's the best for me to climb in healer role, and most people in this rank (low plat) know how to play around Zen than Baptiste or Ana.

No more frustration from teammate who keep going out of Immortality Field range or waking up sleeping enemies.
Having zen in my team is my worst nightmare....

They always go zen when there is literally 2 shields in their team and we only have sigma , our team takes TON of damage and I'm as main support trying to heal all this shit while our zen always chilling trying to hit his 'headshots'

Zen is differently worst support pick in this current meta

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ

They always go zen when there is literally 2 shields in their team and we only have sigma , our team takes TON of damage and I'm as main support trying to heal all this shit while our zen always chilling trying to hit his 'headshots'

Maybe it varies by rank, or you get bad teammates. I've been playing mostly Zen for the past couple seasons and am currently low plat. My winrate on Zen is also like 64% across the past 3 or so seasons, while not amazing, its still pretty good. While its true his healing output is low, but if you use it right you keep your team alive.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
literally me

maxresdefault.jpg

god youtube thumbnails are amazing

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I've had five games out of about ~25 this competitive season where LITERALLY my entire team quits.

What. the. fuck. It's utterly impossible to climb out of gold. Win four games in a row. Climb 60 points. Lose a game - lose 30 points. Lose another game where my entire team quits, lose another 30 points. Rinse repeat.

What is going on?

EDIT: Also, I'm getting four golds in like 75% of my games with Moira.

She's definitely a LOT easier to play than Mercy or Lucio, it seems. It's hilarious to me though that I can have most damage AND most healing in the vast majority of my games. I don't know if that's cause Moira is easy mode or my teammates just totally suck - but I'm thinking it's the latter.

EDIT: Three more games. 4 golds in each. Averaging about 14,000 heals and about 11k damage. 4 losses. Fuck 2-2-2. 250 SR gone in a night.

Last edited:

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Why are damage role players getting unfairly blamed for losses?"

Really Blizzard? C'mon, I know you got a sheet somewhere showing how bad many of them play.

Why do I have 4 golds with the tickle gun?
EC8bJE1X4AE9YKn

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I've had five games out of about ~25 this competitive season where LITERALLY my entire team quits.

What. the. fuck. It's utterly impossible to climb out of gold. Win four games in a row. Climb 60 points. Lose a game - lose 30 points. Lose another game where my entire team quits, lose another 30 points. Rinse repeat.

What is going on?

She's definitely a LOT easier to play than Mercy or Lucio, it seems. It's hilarious to me though that I can have most damage AND most healing in the vast majority of my games. I don't know if that's cause Moira is easy mode or my teammates just totally suck - but I'm thinking it's the latter.

EDIT: Three more games. 4 golds in each. Averaging about 14,000 heals and about 11k damage. 4 losses. Fuck 2-2-2. 250 SR gone in a night.

You should be gaining more than 15 per win and losing less than 30 per loss. That doesn't seem that good.

I wouldn't blame it on 2-2-2 though.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
You should be gaining more than 15 per win and losing less than 30 per loss. That doesn't seem that good.

I wouldn't blame it on 2-2-2 though.

It's typically about 18 per win and about 26ish a loss, it seems.

And nah, it's not really 2-2-2's fault, I know that. But when you're "gonna lose no matter what," it sucks even more when you can't even role flip and try something crazy as a hail mary. There's just literally zero fun to be extracted when you're getting steamrolled; and I still hate how competitive deals with quitters. I have at least one every sixth or seventh game, and it's VERY hard to win a 5v6 game. Yet, I've only had one game where the enemy team had a quitter this season in about 70 or so games. Just feels really unfair. It's life. It's a game. It doesn't matter. But it still sucks.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

What is going on?

I was losing a lot of games as healer as well. There was a point where I won 4 in 22 of my healer games. I am also in gold and experienced bad players and people who just straight up quit when it gets tough. I went down to as low as 2170 but then I turned it around. I spammed Moira with the occasional Ana and Lucio and got like 3-4 golds every match and now I'm at 2426. So my advice is nothing different other than keep at it if you still like playing healer. It will eventually turn around for you.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Thinking about it, if I had any advice to give when playing Moira is to be really aggressive going for the enemy team especially their healers. You can get away with a lot as Moira and that has helped me comeback on my sr.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I was losing a lot of games as healer as well. There was a point where I won 4 in 22 of my healer games. I am also in gold and experienced bad players and people who just straight up quit when it gets tough. I went down to as low as 2170 but then I turned it around. I spammed Moira with the occasional Ana and Lucio and got like 3-4 golds every match and now I'm at 2426. So my advice is nothing different other than keep at it if you still like playing healer. It will eventually turn around for you.
Thinking about it, if I had any advice to give when playing Moira is to be really aggressive going for the enemy team especially their healers. You can get away with a lot as Moira and that has helped me comeback on my sr.

I appreciate it folks. I really do. But I'm just stumped this season for the first time since launch.

Like - if I'm getting 14K and gold damage AND 12k+ and gold healing... plus gold elims... plus gold objective time... over and over and still losing, I really just don't know what to do. I feel like the game is begging for decent healers, especially with role queue - and I really do enjoy it. But I feel like my agency on the outcome is almost non-existent. And I *HATE* saying that, because I've argued with plenty of friends that you absolutely can carry in this game with most heroes if you're good enough. I've carried with Mei and Sym plenty... but boy oh boy I'm just beating on my keyboard at this point.

Role Queue Comp started me at 2200, I climbed to about 2,400, and now I'm about 2,050. This is brutal.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
"Why are damage role players getting unfairly blamed for losses?"

Really Blizzard? C'mon, I know you got a sheet somewhere showing how bad many of them play.

Why do I have 4 golds with the tickle gun?
EC8bJE1X4AE9YKn

I agree. There are easily cases where it IS the DPS who are under-performing and can be blamed for the team's loss.

The most common case is when the enemy team has a Pharah and neither of my team's DPS could/didn't bother to handle her. Why? Because they refused to switch off Symmetra, Junkrat, Doomfist, or Genji to a hit-scan. And by the time they DID switch to a hit-scan hero, it was already less than 30 seconds left and the objective is so far in favour of the enemy that it didn't matter.

There's only so much a tank or even a healer can do to work on improving their game when it still comes down to the DPS playing a heavy role in doing… DPS. An Ana, Baptiste, Zen could try to heal and DPS, sure, and many do, but if the support are the ones who have to end up handling a Pharah-Mercy alone because the DPS can't, well, it's not exactly "unfair" blame, is it?

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
It's typically about 18 per win and about 26ish a loss, it seems.

And nah, it's not really 2-2-2's fault, I know that. But when you're "gonna lose no matter what," it sucks even more when you can't even role flip and try something crazy as a hail mary. There's just literally zero fun to be extracted when you're getting steamrolled; and I still hate how competitive deals with quitters. I have at least one every sixth or seventh game, and it's VERY hard to win a 5v6 game. Yet, I've only had one game where the enemy team had a quitter this season in about 70 or so games. Just feels really unfair. It's life. It's a game. It doesn't matter. But it still sucks.

That gain and loss still doesn't seem right if you're solo queuing. Is this your main role? I'm guessing performance based SR is taking its toll on you. Though it also depends on both teams average SR. If you're on the higher SR team and you lose, I think that also takes more away, just as if when you win you gain less since its the more probable outcome seen by the matchmaker. If its performance based SR, you could be dying too much. That's all I can really think of.

If you're stacking though, your SR gains and losses make sense if you're the highest rated in the group. I learned that lesson the hard way when I was around 2200 and 6 stacked in a 1800 SR average group. It was +15 for wins and -30 for losses because I was higher than everyone else.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
That gain and loss still doesn't seem right if you're solo queuing. Is this your main role? I'm guessing performance based SR is taking its toll on you. Though it also depends on both teams average SR. If you're on the higher SR team and you lose, I think that also takes more away, just as if when you win you gain less since its the more probable outcome seen by the matchmaker. If its performance based SR, you could be dying too much. That's all I can really think of.

If you're stacking though, your SR gains and losses make sense if you're the highest rated in the group. I learned that lesson the hard way when I was around 2200 and 6 stacked in a 1800 SR average group. It was +15 for wins and -30 for losses because I was higher than everyone else.

I really don't know - I'll try to pay more attention. I'm doing solo queue. Pretty much every single season since launch I start gold and end gold, so I think I'm where I belong. I primarily play healing, followed by Sym and Mei which is now "damage." I started about the same on both now with role queue. (Though, a long time ago I did post that I bought two more copies of the game, and played about 100 games each - and both of those I was mid-plat and only fell to high gold once just to bounce back... I think an early bad season on my main will forever haunt me).

All I can say is I consistently have the most golds and most damage, along with what I'd consider pretty dang solid healing - usually only die 2-4 times a game, and am almost always on the team that loses a person, lol

If I have some time tomorrow I'll play ~10 and track/screenshot.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I really don't know - I'll try to pay more attention. I'm doing solo queue. Pretty much every single season since launch I start gold and end gold, so I think I'm where I belong. I primarily play healing, followed by Sym and Mei which is now "damage." I started about the same on both now with role queue. (Though, a long time ago I did post that I bought two more copies of the game, and played about 100 games each - and both of those I was mid-plat and only fell to high gold once just to bounce back... I think an early bad season on my main will forever haunt me).

All I can say is I consistently have the most golds and most damage, along with what I'd consider pretty dang solid healing - usually only die 2-4 times a game, and am almost always on the team that loses a person, lol

If I have some time tomorrow I'll play ~10 and track/screenshot.

Its always hard to tell what exactly the matchmaker is doing along with sr gains and losses. But with those numbers there has to be something, since in my experience, the gain and loss range is usually 25 plus or minus 3.

Don't know what your free time is, but in my experience playing between 4pm - 11pm usually results in lower quality games.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Its always hard to tell what exactly the matchmaker is doing along with sr gains and losses. But with those numbers there has to be something, since in my experience, the gain and loss range is usually 25 plus or minus 3.

Don't know what your free time is, but in my experience playing between 4pm - 11pm usually results in lower quality games.

Yeah, unfortunately, I've found the same to be true but with a 9-5'er and a wife and baby, that's about my only time to play...and really 8pm and beyond, which is like concentrated crap, lol.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017

It depends on your composition and your team play style. If my team has dive dps like Genji and Tracer, Zen definitely works best against 2 shields. You just need to shot calling discorded target.

carlos

Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell am I getting matched up with multiple silver people if I'm plat?
Is the player situation on PS4 that dire?
No wonder I get so frustrated at the whole game dynamic.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
The state of Overwatch:

While I still am of the opinion that a shield meta was only a matter of waiting until a shield tank arrived that could pair well with another shield tank, this might become the impetus that gives us a 'shield eater' type hero, which I'm actually surprised we never got before.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
While I still am of the opinion that a shield meta was only a matter of waiting until a shield tank arrived that could pair well with another shield tank, this might become the impetus that gives us a 'shield eater' type hero, which I'm actually surprised we never got before.

Looks like we need sub-role que:

Tank:
Main Tank
Off Tank

Support:
Main Support
Flex Support

DPS:
Hitscan
Flex DPS

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like we need sub-role que:

Tank:
Main Tank
Off Tank

Support:
Main Support
Flex Support

DPS:
Hitscan
Flex DPS

I don't think they're going to want to formalise those roles. I think the way to go might be to allow players to set their favourite characters in each role (maybe even through having gold weapons equipped), and have the matchmaker try to avoid overlap in the team. Yes, you could do it with time played, but as an off-tank player who has been forced to play mostly Orisa this season, it would be a dangerous cycle!

Though I think the bigger problem is that Overwatch is only going to be decreasing in player count from here (some console regions already have very few players), and making the matchmaking conditions even tighter is going to push DPS queue times to crazy levels.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't think the shield meta is that drastic a problem. I mean, Sigma essentially has the D.Va problem of his damage negating ability being available all the time...so put limitation on it like they did D.va. One easy suggestion I've seen is have a 2 cooldown on his shield before he can throw it out again. That gives damage characters a widow of opportunity. They can also cut the health of the shield or slow down the regen on it.

Like, I don't think there needs to be too much panic over this. We knew that there would be growing pains with 2-2-2 and there usually are adjustments to new characters as they come out. It's nothing new and Sigma's problem I don't think is particularly difficult to solve.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't think the shield meta is that drastic a problem. I mean, Sigma essentially has the D.Va problem of his damage negating ability being available all the time...so put limitation on it like they did D.va. One easy suggestion I've seen is have a 2 cooldown on his shield before he can throw it out again. That gives damage characters a widow of opportunity. They can also cut the health of the shield or slow down the regen on it.

Like, I don't think there needs to be too much panic over this. We knew that there would be growing pains with 2-2-2 and there usually are adjustments to new characters as they come out. It's nothing new and Sigma's problem I don't think is particularly difficult to solve.
He's so oppressive right now.

It's like "oh, you managed to break my 1500 hp barrier that I keep re-positioning to keep up with your rotations? Good thing I have a defense matrix 2.0 that gives me hp which I use to buy time till my shield cool down is up. But wait, failing all that, I can just run behind my Orisa and get healed up in 2 secs from my Baptiste. And don't forget I can hit like a ton of bricks and my bullets ricochet"

Such an annoying design, I don't get how Blizzard keeps on power creeping these tanks and supports. People complained about it, but Roadhog 1.0 was never as bad as Sigma or Orisa.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Power creep happened because of heal creep. Remember at the start where Mercy's 60 hps was the strongest healing in the game? Now moira does 80 hps with her basic fire and even more once you include the orb and even more if you have ana backing her up with nade. I can't help but wonder how killable everything would be if they just nerfed all healing by a flat 20% or something.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Ever since blizz (immediately) pulled the 2-2-2 quickplay I've had to endure the horrible last hurrah of multiple snipers and wild west shootbang comps to an unprecedented level.

Look i know the 2-2-2 wasn't perfect what with the inability to role switch when needed, but please bring it back soon blizz, i finally got my friends playing again but it wont last if we have to endure potentially 3 or 4 ranged hitscan popping at shields stubbornly.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Brig participation bug fixed

PATCH HIGHLIGHTS
New Feature: Hotfixing

With this patch, the Overwatch client on all platforms can now automatically receive minor updates (hotfixes) without needing to be restarted. Hotfixes require online connectivity, access to disk, and sufficient disk space. In the event a hotfix can't be received, you may encounter a message you can resolve via one of the following platform-specific support articles:

PC Articles

New Feature: Shared Install (PTR and Live)

The PTR and Live Overwatch PC clients can now share storage when installed to the same file path on disk. This should reduce the disk space required to install and update multiple clients. As a result, today's PTR client should require only ~1.2GB of additional disk storage. Players with previous Overwatch PTR clients installed can uninstall and reinstall to a common disk location to benefit from this feature.

Note: Overwatch League Replay Viewer also supports shared installation with the PTR and Live clients.

BUG FIXES
General

• Custom Game - Fixed an issue where presets saved with Symmetra's "Teleportation Duration" were being flagged as invalid
  • Role Queue Beta Season - Fixed a bug that prevented players from earning achievements when playing in the Role Queue Beta
  • Role Queue Beta Season - Fixed a bug that could cause players not to receive an SR update when the entire opposing team left the match
  • Fixed a bug that incorrectly applied Role Queue restrictions to vs. A.I. games
  • Fixed a bug that prevented players from selecting roles in Quick Play LFGs
  • Workshop - fixed an issue with "unknown error" preventing players from loading certain Custom Game presets
  • Fixed a bug that could cause status effect toasts (stunned, slept, resurrected, hacked, detected, etc.) to get stuck on screen
Heroes

Brigitte

• Fixed a bug with Brigitte's Repair Pack granting defensive assist credit anytime after a target was healed
  • Fixed a bug with Brigitte's Repair Pack not playing a sound effect for the receiving player

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I'm queuing for dps placements right now. Estimated time is 8 minutes fml. Estimated time for tank is 1 minute and support 2 minutes. That's what I get for queuing dps in the afternoon.

edit: well thats one quick loss already. Expecting to place silver tbh

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Brig participation bug fixed

PATCH HIGHLIGHTS
New Feature: Hotfixing

With this patch, the Overwatch client on all platforms can now automatically receive minor updates (hotfixes) without needing to be restarted. Hotfixes require online connectivity, access to disk, and sufficient disk space. In the event a hotfix can't be received, you may encounter a message you can resolve via one of the following platform-specific support articles:

PC Articles

New Feature: Shared Install (PTR and Live)

The PTR and Live Overwatch PC clients can now share storage when installed to the same file path on disk. This should reduce the disk space required to install and update multiple clients. As a result, today's PTR client should require only ~1.2GB of additional disk storage. Players with previous Overwatch PTR clients installed can uninstall and reinstall to a common disk location to benefit from this feature.

Note: Overwatch League Replay Viewer also supports shared installation with the PTR and Live clients.

BUG FIXES
General

• Custom Game - Fixed an issue where presets saved with Symmetra's "Teleportation Duration" were being flagged as invalid
  • Role Queue Beta Season - Fixed a bug that prevented players from earning achievements when playing in the Role Queue Beta
  • Role Queue Beta Season - Fixed a bug that could cause players not to receive an SR update when the entire opposing team left the match
  • Fixed a bug that incorrectly applied Role Queue restrictions to vs. A.I. games
  • Fixed a bug that prevented players from selecting roles in Quick Play LFGs
  • Workshop - fixed an issue with "unknown error" preventing players from loading certain Custom Game presets
  • Fixed a bug that could cause status effect toasts (stunned, slept, resurrected, hacked, detected, etc.) to get stuck on screen
Heroes

Brigitte

• Fixed a bug with Brigitte's Repair Pack granting defensive assist credit anytime after a target was healed
  • Fixed a bug with Brigitte's Repair Pack not playing a sound effect for the receiving player
Can they fix the bug they made last ptr patch where symms beam is smaller and does less damage, please?

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan

Good thing I've had multiple losses where people would rage quit and everyone said "lol who cares this doesn't matter anyways". Maybe I'm misinformed, but I thought they initially said that the stats wouldn't matter? Did they mislead people, or were they purposely being vague? Either way it's not a huge deal, and I don't care about my rating... It's just annoying to play games where 1-2 people on my game troll around because "lol beta doesn't matter anyways".

I very well could've missed something and they said this all along, but damn.

They should just reset all MMR with 2/2/2. The game is so different now that I don't see the point in keeping our old rank. The game will realize where everyone is pretty fast, and all of the masters DPS will shoot up the ranks very fast.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Good thing I've had multiple losses where people would rage quit and everyone said "lol who cares this doesn't matter anyways". Maybe I'm misinformed, but I thought they initially said that the stats wouldn't matter? Did they mislead people, or were they purposely being vague? Either way it's not a huge deal, and I don't care about my rating... It's just annoying to play games where 1-2 people on my game troll around because "lol beta doesn't matter anyways".

I very well could've missed something and they said this all along, but damn.

They should just reset all MMR with 2/2/2. The game is so different now that I don't see the point in keeping our old rank. The game will realize where everyone is pretty fast, and all of the masters DPS will shoot up the ranks very fast.

There was never a definitive answer, It would literally take months of dogshit matches to to get good games if you reset MMR.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, unfortunately, I've found the same to be true but with a 9-5'er and a wife and baby, that's about my only time to play...and really 8pm and beyond, which is like concentrated crap, lol.

Welp, played two games.

Started at 2044. Won a game. 2088. Lost a game. 2030.

Fuck my life I'm out. I hate 2-2-2. I think with 500+ hours I have to call it quits for a while. Having to select a role before knowing the map is some of the worst game design I've ever seen in 30 years of playing video games. Not being able to switch roles in a pinch is completely at odds with what this game was sold as and what it's been for three years. Every single map is Sym Turrets galore and shields... shields everywhere. Fucking shields on shields with a shield. Here's a shield. There's a shield. Shields. I had four golds both games - somehow locking in gold damage and gold healing and still got steamrolled the second game. Constantly getting eaten by sentries but my tank won't flip to a Winston. Constantly getting dual snipers for our offensive attack.

I'm back in the "not having fun stage" I found myself in about a year ago. I need a breather. But 2-2-2 is the last thing I wanted from this game, truly. I hate it. It's honestly depressing. Like, this isn't even the same game. I almost feel like I've been robbed, as childish and entitled as I know that sounds. Like, this isn't the game I originally bought.

Not taking away from any of your enjoyment. Hope everyone else continues to have a blast. But I'm gonna shelve it for a while, I think.

Last edited:

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Well, all placements are done. Results are about what I expected. Just went 1-4 on dps and got silver. Last game was terrible with the team blaming us for not getting picks, meanwhile the tanks are being useless so I can't even peak around a corner. I've forgotten how much I don't like silver, oh well.

edit: yeah all this double shield bs is making playing dps really hard since I usually play hitscan. It makes it hard.

edit2: so dps goes like this. They run all the shields, I go like symmetra or something and we draw or lose. They don't run all the shields and I go mccree, soldier, or widow and I pop-off, since the only dps I can play it seems are mccree, soldier or widow.

Symmetra is pretty OP though, despite the fact I haven't won a game with her yet, but I always get gold elims. Once the beam is charged up you just melt everyone, and if you have tracking, it makes it easy. Though I also have almost no playtime on Sym. Before today I had a total of 23 minutes across all modes, which also includes old Sym.

qIpNIQI.jpg

Last edited:

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Torb is like the Lucio of dps for me. Fun to play, valuable, terrible terrible gun. I feel like he is decent against Sym, Mei, and Reaper if you can hit your shots, but at that point why not just go Pharah and have a much easier time actually winning fights.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Thanks to everyone that has been participating in our Role Queue Beta Season! We've been reading all your feedback and we look forward to officially launching Role Queue to Competitive Play and Quick Play soon.

As you may have read previously, we've been planning to enable Role Queue for Competitive Play and Quick Play simultaneously. However, Role Queue is a huge change to Overwatch gameplay and we want to ensure a smooth launch for both Competitive and Quick Play. To this end, we've decided to separate the launch times and delay Role Queue for Quick Play until September 3rd at 11:00 PST. This will allow us to fully support and respond to any issues that may arise for both Competitive Play and Quick Play.

Please reference below for Role Queue official launch times:

• Competitive Play: August 31st @ 5PM PST (September 1st 00:00 UTC)
  • Quick Play: September 3rd @ 11AM PST
  • Quick Play Classic (Arcade Card): September 3rd @ 11AM PST
Thank you again for your patience and feedback!

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Etcetera Overwatch
πŸ”šπŸ”œπŸ”šπŸ”œπŸ”šπŸ™πŸ”šπŸ™

^^ I'm a support main, so I'll be so happy once role-Q comes to quickPlay, so I can practice my DPS & Tank roles without feeling like a burden to my team's petformance SR.
A decent general rule of thumb is self-shield for building charge, team-shield for saving teammates
Ah okay thanks, I'll remember that tip, specifically for those YOLO charging ReinHardts, like in this comic lol.

And I didn't mean throwing on purpose. But just not playing to their full potential. For instance, I just did a game on Eichenwald but we were losing pretty much purely because they had a Sym no-one did anything about. If the DPS would just switch to Pharah we'd won. Instead, they were Hanzo and Genji. Normally I would've just switched to Pharah to at least be able to do something. Now it was just a waiting game because we had no characters to do anything about their set-up. Really felt powerless in a situation like that.

Obviously, that goes the other way around as well. Sometimes a game just doesn't click for you and you can't perform with your current class. Yet, I'm not able to switch to another class to be able to contribute in other ways.
Okay I get what your saying, but remember not everyone can play pharahe, that's probably why they didn't switch.

But even if you did switch to Pharah (pre-roleQ), you would still be at a disadvantage because you would be down a healer/tank.

Also, can you explain how Pharah counters Sym? I've never seen anyone switch to Pharah to specifically counter a Sym before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.