• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
The big excuse they've always trotted out is that Overwatch's custom-made engine (as opposed to the extremely flexible Source engine) is basically capable of doing nothing but 6v6 hero fights and anything else is very hard to program from scratch.

Oh ok, I guess I've heard that before. I guess it kind of makes sense in light of OW being the cobbled together remnants of a failed MMO. Hopefully OW2 or whatever it is allows them to bring more flexibility into the engine (and for my own personal benefit, doesn't increase the system requirements too much).

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I'm at the point where I think Junkenstein is basically as bad as Lucioball. It is so fucking boring.

The changes made to balancing have made McCree and Torbjorn broken to the point of comedy and the sheer lack of inventiveness with giving us this horseshit for 4 years in a row is simply insulting.

They made Junkenstein like 4 months after the game launched, and in 4 years, they couldn't have added any new maps or new enemies or even attack patterns? That is so pathetic.

It's boring but hey! I got three skins (always wanted Sombra's demon skin) by playing on Normal like a bot. Don't wanna deal with QP garbage.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The big excuse they've always trotted out is that Overwatch's custom-made engine (as opposed to the extremely flexible Source engine) is basically capable of doing nothing but 6v6 hero fights and anything else is very hard to program from scratch.

Nice excuse if the workshop and fan creations in it didn't put them to shame.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Did they change Roadhog's ragdoll physics or something? Everytime he dies anymore he turns into a balloon and cartwheels.

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks guys.

In hindsight it was just me vs him, everyone else seemed to be fighting elsewhere (not near the payload lol). I've not had the same issue since, it's not much of an issue with a team.

Moira is pretty effective too with her purple beam thing.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Still haven't seen a single legendary skin drop from the earned loot boxes this event. Not planning on spending money either so too bad, I guess.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Still haven't seen a single legendary skin drop from the earned loot boxes this event. Not planning on spending money either so too bad, I guess.

I've unlocked every skin out of earned boxes except Ashe's (give it time) and Tracer's (bought with coins day one). With the less-dupes thing, whether or not you've already unlocked past Halloween items must have a big impact.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
I've unlocked every skin out of earned boxes except Ashe's (give it time) and Tracer's (bought with coins day one). With the less-dupes thing, whether or not you've already unlocked past Halloween items must have a big impact.
I usually unlock most skins like you described but this time I'm having awful RNG. Just stings cos I like all of the skins in this event

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
It's boring but hey! I got three skins (always wanted Sombra's demon skin) by playing on Normal like a bot. Don't wanna deal with QP garbage.
I like to keep it interesting by playing non-standard characters on expert. It's worth losing once in a while just to explore weird stuff like widow/hanzo/mccree/brig and tracer/genji/ana/zen.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone experienced this before?

My husband and I play quickplay together and notice this odd pattern when playing.

Night 1- win all or most games
Night 2- loose all or most games
Night 3- win all or most games
Night 4- loose all or most games

Without fail this pattern always repeats. One night we win most every game and then next we get crushed. Last night was loose night, we won 1 game after playing 2 hours.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Has anyone experienced this before?

My husband and I play quickplay together and notice this odd pattern when playing.

Night 1- win all or most games
Night 2- loose all or most games
Night 3- win all or most games
Night 4- loose all or most games

Without fail this pattern always repeats. One night we win most every game and then next we get crushed. Last night was loose night, we won 1 game after playing 2 hours.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Everyone has this, its how they keep the 50-50 winrate. Thats why if you start losing just leave it for the night.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Everyone has this, its how they keep the 50-50 winrate. Thats why if you start losing just leave it for the night.

Once you lose a couple in a row you tend to play worse.

My rule is 2 losses in a row and I stop. One time I didn't do this and lost over 150 SR in one sitting. It was a feels bad.

Also helps now that you can just play another role.

I hope you don't mean they try to keep you at a 50% win rate. When you win a lot your SR goes up and you face harder opponents.

Ah, that must be it! I wish it was a bit more even, it sucks wanting to play and loosing every game for like 2 hours.

I just switch roles or accounts so I don't plummet my SR.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I swear the skill difference between early morning and night players are night and day, no pun intended. Playing early morning felt like going against 2-3 tiers higher players than the rest of my team, it's insane. Though I do get better thanks to that. Manage to hit mid plat on healer now.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Overwatch 1 going F2P would be like a kick in the balls to those who purchased the Switch version full price a few weeks ago.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
^ Exactly.
It doesn't make ANY sense for the game to go F2P just weeks after Switch release. We don't even know what "Overwatch 2" is exactly. I doubt that it will be brand new, standalone game and sequel to OW.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
i dunno whats going on, but im having the greatest season of overwatch of my career..

i think there's a chance i can hit 3500+ SR now.. after being silver when i first started it i can't believe it haha, i struggled so hard in certain metas

60% winrate on orisa, 57% on sigma... i dunno if i should be proud to thrive in this meta though..

perhaps, i'm not improving, everyone else just sucks at adjusting...

Last edited:

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
there was a period where it seemed like valve wanted to update the console versions (I remember email Gaben and him responding as much) and when the game finally got a patch (possibly only the 360 version), it fixed a few bugs and exploits but left some significant ones in (one map was unplayable cuz the defending team could build turrets under the environment)

and, somewhat sadly, stopped people with modded consoles from doing weird shit like putting half-life stuff into 2fort lmao

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
I will be there in about
there was a period where it seemed like valve wanted to update the console versions (I remember email Gaben and him responding as much) and when the game finally got a patch (possibly only the 360 version), it fixed a few bugs and exploits but left some significant ones in (one map was unplayable cuz the defending team could build turrets under the environment)

and, somewhat sadly, stopped people with modded consoles from doing weird shit like putting half-life stuff into 2fort lmao

And if I remember correctly developers had to pay MS for each patch they uploaded.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
yeah, definitely remember hearing about that

and stuff like how the monday night combat devs came up with a way to change balancing numbers without requiring a costly full patch cycle

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Oh right, that era really wasn't friendly to GaaS-styled games. I completely forgot about the paid patch stuff.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Well that was kinda disappointing. Will there be a cross-play between OG OW and OW2 players? Jeff didn't really explain anything.

He was like: "OW2, OW2..." all the time.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Guys Lucio is relevant.

And I get to keep all my cosmetics.

That's all I wanted.

I'm happy.

But fuck Blizzard for that non-apology for Hong Kong.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Maybe it was me, probably missed that part. So all new heroes that are releasing for OW2 are coming to OW? What about future cosmetics? OW2 is basically the same game with engine improvements and new Story missions, right?

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
fuz8quntn4w31.png

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it was me, probably missed that part. So all new heroes that are releasing for OW2 are coming to OW? What about future cosmetics? OW2 is basically the same game with new Story missions, right?
I might be misunderstanding things, but it's possible we are not gonna be paying for anything besides maybe PvE content....maybe not even that.

I just want to know if the level up abilities they mentioned are purely for PvE or if we are getting a much more complex games all of a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.