• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
haven't played this game for over a year..

you're saying this persons name isn't BRIDGET. It's BRIH - JEE - TUH? LIKE VEGETA

or BRIH - GEE - DA

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
When your a 5 player team and hold off the 6 player attacking team with Orisa,Bastion,Rein,Brigette and Mercy

giphy.gif

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Haven't played seriously in a long long time, like around Doomfist release. I looked at the patch notes and got the gist of most of the stuff, but I'm still unsure about some of the Symmetra changes. I guess I'll look up videos for it, I also don't have the keybindings for it it says lol.

Finally, is Ana finally viable again on console again? Where can I check the PS4 meta tiers and whatnot

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Has this been talked about in any capacity? xQc pretty much sent a brigade of manchildren to harass this woman online.

Harassment that followed:
DlHko5jXoAAE4aA.jpg

DlHkvAmX4AECG2o.jpg

DlHk5vpWwAIZbMY.jpg

DlHlWjGW0AIkGsn.jpg

Pretty disgusting shit. The only mention I've seen of this was on a YourOverwatch video.

irrelevant genji main shows he is irrelevent at things other the Overwatch

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Females are biologically worse than males at videogames is a new one

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm feeling the Ponytail, but I think the green is gaudy and hideous.

Has this been talked about in any capacity? xQc pretty much sent a brigade of manchildren to harass this woman online.

DlHko5jXoAAE4aA.jpg

DlHkvAmX4AECG2o.jpg

DlHk5vpWwAIZbMY.jpg

DlHlWjGW0AIkGsn.jpg

Pretty disgusting shit. The only mention I've seen of this was on a YourOverwatch video.

Even though I've been pretty vocal about my dislike of xQc, I didn't actually mind him being a face for Overwatch so long as he kept his idiocy to himself.

But now, he's a catalyst of harassment. Bravo.

His logic is stupid as fuck too. "Oh, you don't know twitch chat." Motherfucker, you're talking to a PH.D student of sexual harassment, and you want to tell her she's out of her field because you don't think she understands how a fucking chat box works? That "Be quiet" is a nice touch too. Why not drop the pretense and just tell her to stay in the kitchen?

Does being the World Cup mean he's officially sponsored by Blizzard as an overwatch professional gamer? Because with sexism this blatant, he should just be banned again.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Even though I've been pretty vocal about my dislike of xQc, I didn't actually mind him being a face for Overwatch so long as he kept his idiocy to himself.

But now, he's a catalyst of harassment. Bravo.

His logic is stupid as fuck too. "Oh, you don't know twitch chat." Motherfucker, you're talking to a PH.D student of sexual harassment, and you want to tell her she's out of her field because you don't think she understands how a fucking chat box works? That "Be quiet" is a nice touch too. Why not drop the pretense and just tell her to stay in the kitchen?

Does being the World Cup mean he's officially sponsored by Blizzard as an overwatch professional gamer? Because with sexism this blatant, he should just be banned again.
Twitch chat is an embodiment of the streamer. His track record with controversy surrounds pretty much any person that is not a white male, and coupled with the fact his toxic attitude breeds a chat room full of intolerance it's easy to see that the responsibility for the lack of women on Twitch, co-ed streams, and the harassment falls directly on people like xQc.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God dammit xQc. Avoiding the issue is not managing it. It doesn't need to be this hard to treat women like human beings. He went so hard into explaining his meaning on his use of Trihard 7. But needing to do the same to address potential rumours and bullshit is too hard? We don't need to equate women to career poison. Ninja can play with whoever he wants on his stream, and he doesn't have to take on the world's problems, but collectively we have to honestly recognize this is a problem than justifying it. It's not going to change overnight but we need to normalize that women streaming with men is a perfectly OK thing.

JChung55

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey so I haven't played Overwatch since launch but am looking to get back into it. The last time I played was a game maybe a year ago and I got instantly yelled at for no getting on voice and playing the wrong hero.

If I hop back in now can I just play quick play for funsies or is that also super serious now too?

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales

DlHko5jXoAAE4aA.jpg

DlHkvAmX4AECG2o.jpg

DlHk5vpWwAIZbMY.jpg

DlHlWjGW0AIkGsn.jpg

Yeah I made an off hand comment a page or two back after seeing the same video.

xQc is a piece of shit, pure and simple, but people stand by him and defend him constantly, despite him constantly fucking up chance after chance, because Twitchchat likes their manbaby who screams the poggers words. I'm not surprised at all to see him act so derogatory in reply here knowing the kind of person he is. I'm even less surprised that he's not trying to stop his rabid asshole fanbase from going after this woman. He's incapible of educating his audience because he himself is ignorant to the toxicity that he spurts. But who cares, because pogchamp ammirite guys.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Hey so I haven't played Overwatch since launch but am looking to get back into it. The last time I played was a game maybe a year ago and I got instantly yelled at for no getting on voice and playing the wrong hero.

If I hop back in now can I just play quick play for funsies or is that also super serious now too?
If you want to play Quick Play for fun, then go right ahead. There's always the chances of having higher level players in there try harding it, maybe stacking, etc. but it's mostly just people playing whatever they want how they want. Sometimes actual team comps/play and sometimes a mess of all DPS but yeah, it's fine.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Eh. I'm in gold and still training with the M/KB (or atleast that's my excuse).

How bad can it be for me? (he foolishly said, giving fate all the temptation it needs)

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada

For sure, along with turning off voice chat, which is what I usually do when I want to play QP and just mess around/practice without the stress of competitive mode's rule-set.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Eh. I'm in gold and still training with the M/KB (or atleast that's my excuse).

How bad can it be for me? (he foolishly said, giving fate all the temptation it needs)

Its more about game sense and positioning up until diamond honestly. Mechanics are always good to improve but.... if there are 20 opportunities in a game, and your game sense only recognizes 8. And due to mechanics you only capatalize on 4, mechanics might get you another 2 of the 8, where its better to have better game sense with same mechanics as you have more opportunities to capatalize

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just had a fun comp match where some dipshit was throwing the whole match on Hanzo, then Doomfist, then Hammond. God knows what the fuck he was doing the whole time. Just feeding. Saw his name in the killfeed constantly, every engagement.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Just played two Moira games last night and lost 50SR despite doing 15k+ healing both times when the games weren't been that long. Spare me.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that for some fucking reason you can still only get free loot boxes from arcade instead of other game modes even though arcade modes are almost entirely luck-based or unbalanced.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Reminder that for some fucking reason you can still only get free loot boxes from arcade instead of other game modes even though arcade modes are almost entirely luck-based or unbalanced.

My guess is they see the numbers, so they use the free loot boxes to get more people to play arcade.

I see the end of season shitfest is upon us. No playing Comp for the next week I guess.

Yeah, I guess I'm done for the season. Though it sucks to end lower than I started, but I know if I play more it will probably be more losses. Though I'm only down like 40 SR, so not too much.

Still need to finish lucioball placements anyway.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very interesting comments from Jeff in this interview:

D.Va's story has not merged with the main Overwatch story yet because we are building up to something bigger. The Overwatch universe is about heroes coming together. There are more chapters to come in D.Va's story that will show her interactions.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
2 wins immediately followed by 2 idiots who left as soon as we lost the first point.

EDIT: Seems like there's some connection issues going on actually. Both teams in my current match lost someone and then another of theirs got kicked in the next round.

EDIT 2 - Now I got taken out in the same match with a PSN maintenance message.

Last edited:

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Busan immediately makes up for how mediocre D.va's short was. It's so good. <3

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
D.Va needs to be represented in the arcade tile already. The Overwatch team needs to calm their collective boner over Tracer to realize it just makes perfect sense.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
D.Va needs to be represented in the arcade tile already. The Overwatch team needs to calm their collective boner over Tracer to realize it just makes perfect sense.
Yeah, that has never made much sense. The entire cast should be icons in places where it's suitable.

Also, I peeled for our Ana so hard just now Doomfist simply could not kill her, even with ult. I feel accomplished for that.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Continuing to practice genji against better judgement. I lowered my sensitivity yet again, this time by nearly 1000. This helped out A LOT. I don't know why. It worked fine for Tracer and they're close to being same range characters. I actually might have gotten slightly worse with Tracer over this, but not too much.

One problem that keeps coming up is that I lose track of enemies in the midst of frantic dashing. Does anyone know how to improve on this?

Also, seriously, how is it that I can't opt out of general chat permanently? Everytime white text pops up, it's either something stupid or racist.

Last edited:

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Continuing to practice genji against better judgement. I lowered my sensitivity yet again, this time by nearly 1000. This helped out A LOT. I don't know why. It worked fine for Tracer and they're close to being same range characters. I actually might have gotten slightly worse with Tracer over this, but not too much.

One problem that keeps coming up is that I lose track of enemies in the midst of frantic dashing. Does anyone know how to improve on this?

Also, seriously, how is it that I can't opt out of general chat permanently? Everytime white text pops up, it's either something stupid or racist.
Does /leavechannel work in OW? I play on PS4 but it used to be that in WOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.