• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I'm gonna blitz through placements just for the points this weekend

I haven't played seriously since season 4

I used to do well solo with roadhog and zarya, I see Zarya is back in the higher tiers. Should I just try and carry with her? I don't know new mercy well enough at all to play her, same with brigitte, Symmetra and sort of Moira. Are Zen and Lucio fine supports still?

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I personally don't have fun playing her. Too stressful. It's like being high on really bad cocaine.

I much prefer the slower pace of Orisa's fat ass taking 10 minutes to get back to the point.

When I play as her, I just pretend I'm driving a car that can blink. Makes it feel more natural with the way she moves. But yea, I don't play her much anymore.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
new new Symmetra buff: when driving said car through an enemy Symmetra's car wash turret setup, the car regains HP due to being clean.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone here read Hangul???

sryEsVr.jpg

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
On the one hand, he's Brazilian.

On the other hand, hockey is his favorite sport.

Lol I'm conflicted. xDDDD
On one habd he likes hockey
On the other hand he was born poor in a country only select places have ice rinks, only during season and they cost 30$ the hour with no hockey equipment

I don't see the conflict unless his hockey game plays like Skate

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Fans: Hey, you know how one way to keep fandoms thriving is to give us stuff to speculate on? Well, isn't it weird that the robots from D.Va's short aren't giant kaiju like the others were, and they came in way earlier than they should have, and they seem to have Talon's color scheme? What if it was actually Talon that was attacking Busan for-
Michael Chu: Nah.

Like....I don't understand michael chu as a writer. We have huge, gaping holes in the narrative fabric of overwatch that need to be filled and they aren't, but he's happy to shut down the far more intriguing speculations like this one that was ultimately harmless to leave ambiguous.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Winston's broken-ass leap really puts the fear of God in you whenever you see him go up in the air now

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Like....I don't understand michael chu as a writer. We have huge, gaping holes in the narrative fabric of overwatch that need to be filled and they aren't, but he's happy to shut down the far more intriguing speculations like this one that was ultimately harmless to leave ambiguous.
There are three possible reasons why.
  1. They don't care that much about the lore/story of the game.
  2. He's not that good a writer.
  3. combine both point 1 and 2.
Edit: I think I might have been a tad hyperbolic with the first bullet point there but at the very least it really feels like writers really don't have a plan when it comes to the story and lore of Overwatch, it comes across that the're just making shit up as they go along.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Winston's broken-ass leap really puts the fear of God in you whenever you see him go up in the air now

I like it. It's nice to have a touch of reliable burst damage to initiate or chase down lone targets. And although you're exaggerating, I think it's good to have some sort of fear of Winston diving in instead of getting excited at the free ult charge you're about to get!.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I like it. It's nice to have a touch of reliable burst damage to initiate or chase down lone targets. And although you're exaggerating, I think it's good to have some sort of fear of Winston diving in instead of getting excited at the free ult charge you're about to get!.
It's no exaggeration. The burst damage now is massive, especially in a coordinated dive.

Meanwhile, D.Va's 5 ton mech boops people for 15 damage :/

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said before, not saying that D.Va needs a buff.

It's just funny that her giant ass ball of metal hurling at you at rocket propelled speed does the least damage of any tank's boops.
You don't want to apply logic or otherwise we'd always fall back to 'why does doomfist always melee with his crappy hand'

Oct 27, 2017
It's no exaggeration. The burst damage now is massive, especially in a coordinated dive.

Meanwhile, D.Va's 5 ton mech boops people for 15 damage :/

It's only like 20-30 extra damage per person on your initial jump. Maybe it's because coordinated dives are rare here in diamond (and are rough in these post-Brigitte times), but I've not really seen it as game-changing. How long was it in the game before people noticed it?

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I actually hope we don't get the other meka pilots as other heroes for the main game. Having D.Va variants running around like Smash Clones is lame.

However, I could see a coop mode where they take down a single kaiju enemy like it's an MMO raid would be cool to see. It might even be more economic on the budget since they can copy/paste D.Va's character 4 times and just make minor adjustments to her basic abilities. It could be the new event for the summer.

Or we could get Luciball again.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
fucking blizz. did they break what's considered contesting anymore? i jumped on the point when it was 90%. i never left it. i just used prrimal and just smacked the brigitte on point around but we lose? LOL the fuck shit is this.

Ilios Lighthouse btw. i never left the space.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
How on earth does the new sym teleporter work and what is it naturally bound to on ps4?

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
How on earth does the new sym teleporter work and what is it naturally bound to on ps4?
I think the default is L3? if you've changed your settings it may not be bound at all

just know that you can go back and forth through it in most circumstances (ie when emoting, ulting, and even while using most, if not all, movement abilities), teleporting is on a very short cool down, riptires and D.Va bombs can sent through it, and placing it down with turrets in front of you (Symm's and Torb's) teleports them one way

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I think the default is L3? if you've changed your settings it may not be bound at all

just know that you can go back and forth through it in most circumstances (ie when emoting, ulting, and even while using most, if not all, movement abilities), teleporting is on a very short cool down, riptires and D.Va bombs can sent through it, and placing it down with turrets in front of you (Symm's and Torb's) teleports them one way
Oh yeah I changed L3 to the communication wheel like day 2

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
fucking blizz. did they break what's considered contesting anymore? i jumped on the point when it was 90%. i never left it. i just used prrimal and just smacked the brigitte on point around but we lose? LOL the fuck shit is this.

Ilios Lighthouse btw. i never left the space.
I think they did. I've seen a few instances of that happening on reddit, and I think something like it may have happened in one of my games too.

Edit: For example:

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I think they did. I've seen a few instances of that happening on reddit, and I think something like it may have happened in one of my games too.

Edit: For example:

who needs thrower/leavers when blizzard is doing it for them

BUT BUT

What if. the thrower/leavers are really people from Blizzard. Which is why no matter how many times you report they are still not banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.