• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wandermust

Alt-Account
Dec 3, 2018
Many cops don't bother. Ever lost your phone and the GPS shows exactly where it is? Cops can't recover it for various reasons. One being GPS can be unreliable.

anecdotally, I've had 2 friends had cops come with them once they got gps signal and was able to show their phone is at a locatoin

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I've seen videos like this before, everytime I'm just amazed and saddened at people who steal packages. It's not assault or anything like that but it just feels so fucking terrible.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
anecdotally, I've had 2 friends had cops come with them once they got gps signal and was able to show their phone is at a locatoin
It does happen, yeah. It's incredibly rare however, judging by posts on the internet and personally. If it's in a multi-family house or an apartment complex, they're not gonna even bother.

I just take matters into my own hands now, follow the signal with some of my more...beefy friends.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Beautiful, but these scumbags deserve the actual Kevin McAllister treatment. So sick of my packages getting stolen.

7bca1523-7673-4ec6-8fzue6c.gif

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
That was the most glorious thing I ever watched.

But wtf at all these people having the nerve to be pissed off after they stole a fucking package off someone's porch? Like you for real right now ?

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how easy it would be to just mass produce ones that don't have valuable stuff like phones in them, but still maybe a gps tracker of some sort hidden inside and some sort of video capability. I assume he just used the phones for convenience so as to not have to custom engineer even more.

Make it in varying sizes and with the potential for even stronger smells or other penalties, and you've got something.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be more worried about them returning to the house where they picked it up and fucking shit up.
This originally crossed my mind, but I feel like even the dumbest package thief would have to know that someone willing to make something like this has to have multiple cameras watching their premises.

Fantastic video, though. I didn't even know they MADE glitter that was that fine, that stuff is absolutely never getting completely cleaned up.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in tears, the fart spray (and its motor sound) is the icing on the cake.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
... also glitter, lol, they will find that shit for years in their cars, houses, clothes.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen videos like this before, everytime I'm just amazed and saddened at people who steal packages. It's not assault or anything like that but it just feels so fucking terrible.
It can not be worth the hassle esepcially since it is a crap shoot. Just last week I got a shoe box sized package, know what was in it? 10 dollar cellphone case and one of those shipping air pockets.

Every 2 weeks or so I get a box about the size of a tv, know whats in it? Either Gunia Pig bedding or hay.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Package thieves are scum and this video was delicious.
If any of my packages were taken though, you can be sure whoever delivered my package is paying for it. Seems insane that it's just left at the door like this.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
idk what to believe anymore with youtube videos, could easily just be paid actors

Mark Rober is one of the few Youtube channels I'll believe. He has the credibility to not have to resort to things like that.

As for me, crap like this is why I just deliver Amazon packages to the Amazon locker by my apartment (in addition to the local drivers fucking up my orders all the time).

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Man police fucking suck. Chances are if they are stealing from his house, they are stealing from the whole neighborhood and definitely worth your time.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
This is incredible! I haven't laughed this hard in a while. The reactions were priceless!

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
Where does this guy live that so many people are stealing his (and his friends) packages?

Seems like it can be anywhere that's easily accessible, so... places right on the road with lots of sidewalks around.

I don't tend to live in areas like this, and am not really familiar with the whole issue. Then I saw a voice actor I follow on Twitter post a video of someone just strolling up to his porch and taking packages he had left there. They just fucking moseyed on up like they owned the place. Was shocking to watch it happen like that. It is definitely a thing.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm lucky to have never actually had a package stolen. Super hard to believe when Amazon literally put a giant asus gaming monitor box on my doorstep. I don't know if the outside matters to these lowlife scum. Like go steal from a Walmart.

Oct 27, 2017
On the local news recently they did a story about cops in my area doing something similar. They leave packages out with GPS modules hidden inside and then just track and arrest the thieves.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Lol @ the guy wondering who his girl will think was in his car. Of course strippers. How many? All of them.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
a world where there's a lot more harmful crime than package thieves. and where police cost is already extremely high
Believe it or not most cops are not John McClane stopping terrorists every day. Someone has to stop speeding cars, issue parking tickets, catch shop lifters, deal with drunken idiots. Do you think all these petty crimes just go unpunished?

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
a world where there's a lot more harmful crime than package thieves. and where police cost is already extremely high
Hate to break it to you but most police officers are watching traffic, walking around shopping malls, and patrolling black neighborhoods. This idea that they are stopping or trying to stop massive crime on the day to day is hilarious.