• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
edit^^
well if we randomly got FIFA sales for this week, then we'd just about know Splatoon for this week. Which would tell us Zelda, Mario etc are above x number.

salesies9c.png
I guess it'd be intesting to see how switch 3rd party is doing outside of fifa.

Lego, Doom, Avengers, Skyrim, LA Noire.

but they'll never make top 10.

Fdkn

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I don't know for other countries, but in France, digital version of retail game is really a Niche.
Here, players always prefers physical when possible.

So when publishers puts games like Residen Evil Revelaton COllection or Naruto Ultimate Storm Trilogy Digital ony, it's sending the game to die in France.
At least Naruto could attract some Anime Fan, and they are many.

This was said about the UK too not that long ago. It was wrong then, and I'd say it is wrong now too. France is not a special snowflake country, as the UK wasn't either. Digital is a growing factor in every market.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
Looks like the mainstay Switch games sell pretty much the same week to week, so their position in the chart is down to how much the other titles around them drop. We'll probably still be seeing Mario Kart, Zelda and Odyssey in and around the top 10 come Summer, as they seem to be much like GTA - essential purchases for new console buyers.

As for God of War in Europe, I don't think its comparative lack of success here is totally due to it being a hack and slash game. Anecdotally, I feel like it turned off a lot of Europeans with its gross, juvenile hyper-macho posturing. The reboot isn't just more narrative focused, there is a distinct change in tone that makes it look much softer and less aggressive and childish than its predecessors.

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Highlight of the week is that PUBG continues to be in the top 10.

Yo..... It's a digital code in a box. And it's selling more in retail stores than other top games.

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France
This was said about the UK too not that long ago. It was wrong then, and I'd say it is wrong now too. France is not a special snowflake country, as the UK wasn't either. Digital is a growing factor in every market.

I think UK market is more influenced by US market than others European countries. So having them embassing Digital more than Mainland Europe is logical.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Highlight of the week is that PUBG continues to be in the top 10.

Yo..... It's a digital code in a box. And it's selling more in retail stores than other top games.

I don't know if that's something you are allowed to share or even happen to know but do you know how the digital/physical share looks like in the rest of Europe (Germany, France, Spain or Italy)?

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Zelda's legs shouldn't be understated. Being in the top10 a year after release is a feat that only a few games can achieve. I looked back to see how Twilight Princess was charting a year after release. It didn't even crack the top 40.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Zelda's legs shouldn't be understated. Being in the top10 a year after release is a feat that only a few games can achieve. I looked back to see how Twilight Princess was charting a year after release. It didn't even crack the top 40.
No system bundles or price drop is what makes the performance so impressive. Nintendo still has those cards to play for most of their Switch titles ... Thats why think that only comparing unit sales rarely tells the whole story about how a game is performing. The way the numbers are realized is important as well.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
Switch mindshare is becoming huge in France. I see so many ads on TV, so many space in stores... I think it can do Wii numbers there if it keeps going.
Wow. People weren't kidding when they said France loves Nintendo. It's like the opposite of the UK, where people complain about how they barely see Switch ads or space in stores.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
If the Switch goes on to sell 100+ million (not saying it will), I can only imagine how games like Odyssey, BotW or Splatoon will end up. They define the console right now, and I guess they'll do it for long time. Those games could break all kind of records.

Wow. People weren't kidding when they said France loves Nintendo. It's like the opposite of the UK, where people complain about how they barely see Switch ads or space in stores.
I swear during the Olympics they had BotW, Odyssey and MK8D on rotation every ad break. It's funny too how they're using the 20/20 from jeuxvideo.com to promote BotW in the mainstream, considering how stupidly significant it is in french console wars arguments.

Last edited:

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Good to know what sold in Germany in December. (Seriously, does it even make sense to include Germany at this point?)