Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
your mom's house
In a group chat of friends in my area. Many "gamers" in there, but a lot of people who barely touch games. Vast majority are getting TTYD, tho

Anecdotal I know, but hoping this bodes well for more Paper Mario RPGs

Zemoco

Jan 12, 2021
Did they really have Hooktail eat the audience in the trailer.
That was one of them most shocking moments of the game. One of the reasons why outside of announcements I shy away from trailers, especially things I'd be on no matter what.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be out of town when my game arrives. I hope no one swipes it from my porch.

Edit: but if they do I hope those thieves enjoy the game

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone said they're doing the OT yet? I kind of want to try my hand at it if not. Didn't see any claims in the OT OT.

EDIT: Claimed it since no one responded.

Last edited:

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Never played the original game so I'm excited to see how this one is, always heard how good this game was and that reputation TTYD built over the years. Tried to avoid watching gameplay so I'm going relatively blind for this.

Oct 27, 2017
Never played the original game so I'm excited to see how this one is, always heard how good this game was and that reputation TTYD built over the years. Tried to avoid watching gameplay so I'm going relatively blind for this.

Yes! Avoid looking at the clips/trailers, imo they show too much ;) but you'll love it!

Also, just saw some marketing ads in Paris! Anyone else seen ads in their cities? I know Tokyo has some, too!

Bananastand

Oct 26, 2017
Just got an email that my game voucher pre-order has been confirmed. Does that also mean that pre-load is ready to go?

Finiri6143

Mar 16, 2022
Yes! Avoid looking at the clips/trailers, imo they show too much ;) but you'll love it!

Also, just saw some marketing ads in Paris! Anyone else seen ads in their cities? I know Tokyo has some, too!
They aren't showing too much, at least imo.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Nintendo has been hyping this up. I love seeing them do this marketing blitz in the weeks building up to release. They must be feeling confident in how it will perform.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
It just dawned on me that they quietly moved from Friday releases to Thursdays. That's...gonna be tough, hah.
Yeah, this is such a weird change. Friday made perfect sense in that it's the last day people are done with work. For me, not only are Saturdays my last work day, but Thursdays are usually my busiest, so I may not get home until like 6pm, which gives me barely any gaming time before having to go to work the next morning.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
The one time Amazon's no prime one day delivery will work out for me (hopefully). If amazon's track record with my deliveries keeps up, I'll recieve the game on Friday, meaning I'll be done for the week instead of facing a whole day of temptation to play.

I really don't mind it for this game since I played the original countless times.

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
Will give this game a chance. It may be my fourth favorite game in the paper mario franchise (5th and 6th are color splash and sticker star, the latter I didnt bother with) but it has been a while.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to replaying this. My toddler is into Mario so I'm gonna see if he'll sit and play it with me while I read him the dialog

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Holy hell, THANK YOU. That was such a weird thing to remove from 64, super happy to have it back. The fact you can do it with the first hammer instead of having to get the Ultra Hammer makes it an even better QoL addition.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I'm playing through Paper Mario (N64) for the first time right now and about at the end of the ice palace segment so not TOO much of the game left. I think I may have burned myself out on Paper Mario right before the TTYD remake 😂

Paper Mario is the only one of the reputable ones I hadn't beaten yet (I doubt I'll ever bother with Color Splash or Sticker Star) and I think it's great but clearly it's a lot like TTYD

Wayoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I never knew why they took this out of TTYD, so it is nice to see it return.

Holy hell, THANK YOU. That was such a weird thing to remove from 64, super happy to have it back. The fact you can do it with the first hammer instead of having to get the Ultra Hammer makes it an even better QoL addition.

It was intended for TTYD but there was buggy code where it only worked if Mario was vertically below the panel (which is impossible without glitches).

image.png

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
God damn the remixed soundtrack is gonna be good. Worth the price of admission alone.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
The best part of the Origami King was the music so it's awesome to see them use the same composer from that game to rearrange the original soundtrack of TTYD.

Also FIve more days!!!

Buzzth

Jan 15, 2018
Japan
JRPG enjoyer here - relatively new to Mario RPGs. I played partners in time ages ago as a kid and felt it was okay. Recently played the Mario RPG remaster and I absolutely loved it! What should my expectations be for this remake?

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
JRPG enjoyer here - relatively new to Mario RPGs. I played partners in time ages ago as a kid and felt it was okay. Recently played the Mario RPG remaster and I absolutely loved it! What should my expectations be for this remake?

if you liked mario rpg i feel like this is a straight upgrade to it in nearly every way.

Oct 27, 2017

Imo, TTYD is by far the best Mario RPG there is. It's similar to Mario RPG in that it shares a similar humorous tone (but the game gets darker, too). It's a lot longer, too, compared to that one.

As for PiT. Personally, I like it, but I agree with you. TTYD is 100 times better to that one — the only game it can compare to is, imo, Superstar Saga (another top notch RPG).

But really, you're in for a treat.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.

For the record, Partners in Time is considered a weak entry in both Mario & Luigi and the overall Mario RPG pantheon -- I wouldn't use it as a measure of quality.

There's plenty Mario RPG and PMTTYD have in common from timed hits, tongue-in-cheek references and comedy and episodic narratives, but you can expect a meatier story/sense of world, a wider smorgasbord of sidequests, and more involved combat with equippable Badges and an interactive "theater" system (You dodge props and attack hecklers!). You're in for a treat!

nR4Z

Oct 21, 2022
Germany
I upgraded to the OLED Switch today. Should probably have waited for the Switch 2 after all, but it's Paper Mario.

Finiri6143

Mar 16, 2022