• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
www.paradoxinteractive.com

Bloodlines 2 - Update June 2023 - Paradox Interactive

Paradox Interactive is a world leading PC games publisher known for games such as Cities: Skylines, Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings.

"Dear Bloodlines fans,

It's been quite a while between updates while we've had our heads down working on the game. We remain just as dedicated to delivering a great Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines game as we were when we announced, and are looking forward to showing you more in September this year.

We acknowledge it was a long time ago that many of you pre-ordered Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2. As development continues, we will be updating the game's editions and bonus content, and we want to provide the best value to those of you who supported us via digital pre-order after all this time. We are thus offering refunds to anyone who has pre-ordered any edition of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2. As part of this process, we are proactively refunding all pre-orders of physical products, including the Collector's Edition. The digital versions of the First Blood Edition, Unsanctioned Edition and Blood Moon Edition remain, but can be refunded if you choose.

We're excited to show you more and hope to have all of you with us in September when we reveal more. We know you are eager to see how the game is coming along so we've put together a fresh batch of screenshots to share with you.

For more information about refunds and how to submit your request, please visit our FAQ.

Until then,
The Bloodlines Team

Stay tuned here and on the Bloodlines 2 Discord server for more news."

bloodlines2-alley.jpg

bloodlines2-temple.jpg

bloodlines2-seattle-sign.jpg

bloodlines2-bar.jpg

bloodlines2-basement.jpg

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
We can only hope this gets released at this point. It's such a niche product.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
So this is rumoured to be The Chinese Room/Dan Pinchbeck right?

OP
OP
Mr Evil 37

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
We still don't know who the developer is. Maybe it's an internal team at Paradox.

Edit: The Chinese Room was rumoured though, thanks Zor.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Not getting my hopes up. I mean, MAYBE they can pull a Dead Island 2 and actually release a good game. But I doubt it after all that has happened.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is this even going to be the same game it was supposed to be before all the storie started coming out?

So this is rumoured to be The Chinese Room/Dan Pinchbeck right?

The Chinese Room was the rumour...
That's interesting; how big are they? They haven't released anything since 2020.
Have they scrapped everything and started over or just finishing the work from the other devs that left?
Maybe they have a lot of the Assets, starting completely fresh would take a lot of work if this is really coming in the near-future.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad this thing is still alive. VTMB is one of the GOATs and has deserved a quality sequel for a very long time.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
That's interesting; how big are they? They haven't released anything since 2020.

Maybe they have a lot of the Assets, starting completely fresh would take a lot of work if this is really coming in the near-future.

I was more curious if they scrapped all the written work of the previous writers, more than anything else, since they were the original devs and all. If they're starting over even for the writing part of the game then this is probably ages away, since they'd have to create all new quests, NPCs, dialogues, voice acting, cutscenes etc.

OP
OP
Mr Evil 37

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Maybe this is one of the games that Tim Cain is consulting on since he left Obsidian in addition to The Outer Worlds 2.

Sep 6, 2022
Have they scrapped everything and started over or just finishing the work from the other devs that left?
I could be wrong but I feel like I heard somewhere that they simply switched devs and the project was handed to a new team who would build on top of it rather than start over.

The gameplay they showed for it before actually looked 🔥, i would be incredibly disappointed if they didn't continue the promising work already done on it.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, please be good.

This game needs to not suck (except blood ofc).

OP
OP
Mr Evil 37

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Wait, Cain left Obsidian?
Yeah, in 2020. He confirmed it on his YouTube channel recently. He's semi-retired but he's still working freelance on The Outer Worlds 2 and two other games that he can't talk about (I think one of them is Project Cobalt at inXile, but that's just speculation on my part due to the Brian Fargo connection).

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I could be wrong but I feel like I heard somewhere that they simply switched devs and the project was handed to a new team who would build on top of it rather than start over.

The gameplay they showed for it before actually looked 🔥, i would be incredibly disappointed if they didn't continue the promising work already done on it.

Did we ever hear the reason why the original devs were all let go in the first place? Think we only heard the project leads were let go and then they "switched devs" then didn't announce who it was then have gone dark for what feels like forever now. I want this to be good but I'm going to have to see who the dev is and what they've produced first.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Is this even going to be the same game it was supposed to be before all the storie started coming out?
Mitsoda no longer being on board is a huge bummer.
Seriously ? They had to rebuild since the purchase and have only released an Apple Arcade game since, they would have had to do some major hiring to take on something like this.

This is the source for that stuff:
My dev bud in Brighton told me that Bloodlines 2 is in the works at the Chinese Room, which aligns with their recent job postings. It's worth stressing, however, that the current configuration of the studio is essentially new as Dan Pinchbeck fired everyone a half a decade ago.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I can't see thing turning out well with them losing so many creatives and then changing studio. Hopefully they keep the scope small and focus on a quality vampire sim.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Umm... Okay. I lost hope, to be honest. But it's interesting who is developing this I guess.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this game pulls through and turns out good. Best of luck to the team behind it!

Nakho

Nov 1, 2017
Damn, I was thinking about this game just yesterday. Great news, and great move by Paradox. They do some shit that makes me wary of them, but every once in a while, they do commendable pro-consummer stuff. If only there was a word for this situation...