• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Odinsmana

Mar 13, 2019
The first Bloodlines is one of my favorite games of all time, but with the original devs being pulled from the project and them changing devs (possibly to the Chinese Room which does not have any experience making RPGs or really anything similar to an RPG.) I have lost all hype for this game. If it turns out good then that is great, but I am not ecpecting anything from it.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised to see that it didn't turn into vapor. Well, I hope it releases, and it's actually good after the mess this game has been through.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The screenshots look great. I'm so glad it lives.

The first Bloodlines is one of my favorite games of all time, but with the original devs being pulled from the project and them changing devs (possibly to the Chinese Room which does not have any experience making RPGs or really anything similar to an RPG.) I have lost all hype for this game. If it turns out good then that is great, but I am not ecpecting anything from it.
For what it's worth, The Chinese Room hired a lot of people with RPG experience over the past few years. It's a pretty different studio now.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I've lost hope, but kept the preorder.

they'd better not have scrapped too much of the lore we've seen so far, that E3 preview was incredible as far as a Bloodlines game goes (jank notwithstanding)

Also, they'd damn well better keep a Malkavian option for 1st playthrough

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018
Those 2 games were so fucking good and I wish we got a third.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1290270/Vampire_The_Masquerade__Night_Road/

It's more IF than VN, but it's a nice spin on the usual "New York/Los Angeles at night" settings. Also available on iOS, Android, and in the browser direct from the publisher (although if you buy on Steam, you can redeem it with the publisher and use their omnibus app on iOS/Android or the web app above to play).

Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Please be good. Please be good. 🙏

waterpuppy

Too green for a tag
Jul 17, 2021
Will my never un-wishlisting eventually pay off?
qng2Fe3.png

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely wild. I was sure it was silently shitcanned. I wonder who wound up being given the reigns?

CelticKennedy

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 18, 2019
I was just thinking about this the other day. Fingers crossed!

Strange they still haven't officially announced the developer though?

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Always thought this game looked cool despite only knowing about it based on the original's reputation. I still won't believe this game is coming out until we get previews close to launch like Dead Island 2.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Is this the one that had the dreadful reveal video with the jukebox/record player(?) playing and the vampire clicking his fingers?

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, we've known that they're working on it, my concern is whether the end result will be good or not. I know some people had issues with Hardsuit Labs as the developer, but I wasn't especially concerned about that, considering how much of a mess the original game was. I'm more worried about the writing, considering their sudden, out of the blue firing of Brian Mitsoda.

Oct 31, 2017
Absolutely wild. I was sure it was silently shitcanned. I wonder who wound up being given the reigns?
Well, Paradox' CEO claimed more than once in the past year it was still in development and they were going to show it "soon".
But admittedly I didn't give the man too much credit.

I read this as Bloodborne II.

Fuuuuccckkkkkk :(
A *GOOD* Bloodlines sequel would be just as hype, in my book.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Seems really ambitious for The Chinese Room if they're indeed the ones working on it. Hopefully Paradox is giving them all the resources they need.

The Mitsoda thing still hurts.

Jun 2, 2019
Please be good, please be good, please be good...

There aren't enough vampire games nowadays, Redfall sucked and The Elder Scrolls VI won't come out until the end of the decade, so I would love to play a good vampire game, but I don't want to get my hopes up. After all, The Chinese Room made Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs...

Seriously, with all these remakes of Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid, when is Castlevania going to come back? The Netflix show would have been a great chance to do so. Or maybe Legacy of Kain? They were so impressed by the number of people who answered the poll...

Or Bloodrayne. In these dark times we live in, I would like to punch some nazis as a badass vampire lady.

At the very least will Eliza be playable in Tekken 8?

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Glad it's still in development and I'll be patiently waiting for when they have more to show about this...

But to be honest, was not expecting the first talking point after all this time to focus on "game's editions and bonus content".

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I've lost hope, but kept the preorder.

they'd better not have scrapped too much of the lore we've seen so far, that E3 preview was incredible as far as a Bloodlines game goes (jank notwithstanding)

Also, they'd damn well better keep a Malkavian option for 1st playthrough
Yeah I still hope we eventually get leaks on what the hell happened, the e3 builds looked pretty good to me given the original was jank personified. Those third person animations were a riot.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Yes! Please come out and be good! Bloodlines is one of my goats, warts and all so I am quite excited.

Might even pick up a sourcebook and play the ttrpg because I'm so damn sick of waiting to be back in this world!

JonnyTorso

Nov 2, 2017
MN
Still so excited for this despite everything. Really hope it turns out well.

The original is so great despite the technical issues(thanks fan patch).

Bengraven