• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Next on "Is it a Ripoff?"

Is the design of the Series X a ripoff ?!?

qI1EEvz.jpg
It's actually really similar in concept to this 2015 Vue commercial

But only because it reminds me of that conceptually. I doubt the Xbox team said let's rip that off either.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
That Dry Lights video was amazing. Thanks for showing it. It makes me wonder how they did it, it look both real and most likely CG.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
So light wiping over two completely different images is copying someone's work now?
People keep glossing over the fact that the framing/composition of the shots in question are near identical, to act like the only similarity is the basic concept. Nothing wrong with pointing it out, sometimes ad agencies are outsourced and sometimes artists take liberties. It happens.

JustP_Gaming

Jan 5, 2018
Now I know some of you are just steaming mad about everything that has transpired over the past few days, some of you are looking for things to discredit MS now, wow. I don't think I have enough popcorn for all this entertainment. lol.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
This thread has been locked due to a request from the OP. Feel free to make a thread on this matter if new details come to light.

Status
Not open for further replies.