• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tracygill

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The Left
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nosac...use-neil-degrasse-tyson-of-sexual-misconduct/

"Two more women, including a fellow astronomer, say Neil deGrasse Tyson is guilty of inappropriate sexual conduct.

Dr. Katelyn N. Allers, Associate Professor of Physics and Astronomy at Bucknell University, told me that she was "felt up" by Tyson at an after-party following a meeting of the American Astronomical Society (AAS) in 2009. AAS didn't have a mechanism for reporting sexual harassment at the time, but Dr. Allers says she probably would report the incident if it had happened today."

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nosac...ns-rape-accuser-gives-first-public-interview/

"A woman says famed astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson drugged and raped her when they were both grad students in 1984, and you're about to hear her tell the story in her own words."

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Tis a shame, but seems like the norm nowadays.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a problem with rock stars in the science field

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this "patheos" a reputable site? I'm not familiar with it.

Patheos is a religious conservative website.

EDIT: To be clear, it doesn't matter what the site is if they have women who are named and on record. We still need to listen to them and demand a response from Tyson.

Last edited:

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Women have been coming forward about this kind of behavior from him for years. It's only recently that anyone has started to listen to them.

Deleted member 5159

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nice to see people already condemning him without a chance to even hear his version or if those accounts are true at all. cool, burn him in a cross, i say!

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
He's got kind of a creep vibe. I wouldn't be surprised.

Awaiting his tweets where he explains how "Actually TECHNICALLY it wasn't rape because etymologically rape originally meant 'to carry a woman off against her will'" or some other smug shit.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
He has always been very, very touchy with people.

If true still surprised, though. And shame on him.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So is this site I've never heard about the only source for this cause if so I am doubtful.
That was my exact reaction as well. I think I'm gonna wait to see if more outlets pick this up before I jump to any conclusions. I don't like making judgements based on info from places I'm not familiar with. Especially when it's something this serious.