• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
I get a bit annoyed when multi-billion dollar companies apparently can't imagine spending money on something that will still manage a profit because it won't continually manage to do so outside the purchase price.
The money they spend to make the small profit could be put to a project that makes a larger profit. Shareholders want to see those numbers going up every single quarter, so there's really no room to 'waste' money on small profit.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, this industry needs to get its shit together. Everything doesn't need reoccuring monetization. Can we please fucking have Games as Games on occasion and not a poorly veiled excuse to sell more fucking skins or boosters?

This is bollocks! The feedback from everyone that played the game were super positive. Why everything must be GaaS now? And at the end it turns out to be like Anthem. We need more games using UbiArt Framework. Child of Light and Valiant Hearts were two of the most heartwarming experiences I ever had. But no, let's make a broken GaaS instead.

Many, if not most Ubisoft games are not GaaS. Stop acting like they only release GaaS games.

And when did Ubisoft make a broken GaaS?

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, and Mario + Rabbids and South Park too. Not to mention their VR titles and that weird Ode game. I don't buy it. Not every Ubisoft game is GaaS. Child of Light 2 is definitely happening. If not, it's not for that reason.
Ode was two years ago and they havent exactly put out any more weird offshoot projects from Reflections since then

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
They're weird offshoots.
Ode and Child of Light are not weird offshoots the same way a VR title is a weird offshoot. Im surprised yall arent bringing up Rayman Legends from 2012 since this entire discussion is apparently based on "I glanced at a list of releases on wikipedia with zero other context to explain why the person who works for the company knows less than me"

Edit- Also their only 2019 VR release was announced in 2017. How is that relevant for a game that was far as we know was pitched around August 2018?

Last edited:

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
I think it sucks that they can't do a better sequel too (wasn't fond of the first, but everything can be done better), but maybe let's dial back on the memes lads.

I don't exactly see Ubisoft strictly making just GaaS games as of now. Albeit we don't know what their future projects are and if all those are GaaS, then yeah bummer.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Short video on this news story and the importance of Child of Light when it originally released i.e. what it represented for Ubisoft's output compared to how it's shifted to its current state.

Last edited: