• Windows ME is a good operating system

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • UN Ambassador for PC Gaming

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Report this Orange man

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Still thinks PC Gaming is dead

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • ༼ つ ▀̿_▀̿ ༽つ (I have no idea if this one is allowed)

Votes: 57 22.3%
  • nice thread btw :)

Votes: 91 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Day one of it comes with UW support (it probably won't)

Already completed the first chapter for all characters but I don't mind replaying it at a higher resolution.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
144 Hz is a gamechanger, not just for games. Man.
Scrolling in a browser is so smooth now!

I have a triple monitor setup (1 60hz monitor, the 144hz one and TV) and the 60hz is directly beside me for working...
The difference is so big...

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting that so many shills showed up all of a sudden to promote anticonsumer behaviour.
I feel it's a combination of multiple factors. On this forum it's mostly console peeps looking for some cheap shots against PC players. Nothing strange really.
With games media, I feel a lot of them are trained to associate gamers complaining vocally with alt-right agitators. Hard to blame them, quite a few of them have been victims of harassment (especially women and minorities) Doesn't make it any less annoying, but on some level I get it.
Then there's even more outrageous stuff like almost the entire staff of PC Gamer, who seem be fine with taking the paycheck and acting as Epics spokesperson.

Oct 27, 2017
Yup! I used an HDMI cable when repairing my PC and everything felt too slow.

I feel it's a combination of multiple factors. On this forum it's mostly console peeps looking for some cheap shots against PC players. Nothing strange really.
With games media, I feel a lot of them are trained to associate gamers complaining vocally with alt-right agitators. Hard to blame them, quite a few of them have been victims of harassment (especially women and minorities) Doesn't make it any less annoying, but on some level I get it.
Then there's even more outrageous stuff like almost the entire staff of PC Gamer, who seem be fine with taking the paycheck and acting as Epics spokesperson.

I commented once on a FB page of a game that the PC version of a certain game (dont remember which) was the superior one and someone replied me 'nah but PC is for people who don't want to pay for online'.

And I was like uhh what?

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Octopath was one of the worst RPGs i have played the last few years, the story and gameplay loop is so uninspired.

SaGa and Live a Live did the 8 protagonists thing better 20 years ago

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Octopath have really bad tearing? That should be fixed on the port. Think I want to turn down some of those overdone effects a bit, too. But I haven't tried the game myself to see if they look bad during gameplay.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Octopath was one of the worst RPGs i have played the last few years, the story and gameplay loop is so uninspired.

The gameplay loop is fantastic - quick & satisfying with basic strategy missing from 99% of JRPGS, but I agree the story is terrible.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Been reading some of the Anno reviews from the thread. Sounds like a return to form for the series. Looking forward to it.

Freezard

Oct 28, 2017

Story and rehash gameplay pattern weren't the best, but it's worth playing just for the music and combat alone.

I agree Live A Live did the multiple character thing much better though, thing is that's why I picked up Octopath in the first place, because there's barely been any games like Live A Live since its release 25 years ago. More options never hurt.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
So, I've started up Rage in an effort to see if I want to get Rage 2, now that it's not EGS exclusive.

And... this game is not that bad!
The gunplay felt really off, at first, but I've gotten accustomed to it (it plays much more like early Doom games, as opposed to, say, the new Doom game.)
The world wears Mad Max on its sleeve. That's not a bad thing. Gearheads and boomerangs.
Driving feels pretty tight with a keyboard. I can see that shit getting old, with the backtracking.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally completed XCOM 2s campaign. Took me 35 hours while EU took 34 hours according to Steam playtime.

Btw, what exactly is the Long War mod?

Last edited:

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
I commented once on a FB page of a game that the PC version of a certain game (dont remember which) was the superior one and someone replied me 'nah but PC is for people who don't want to pay for online'.

And I was like uhh what?

I mean....PC is for people who don't want to pay to play online.

They were just stating TRUTHFACTS.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Octopath reminds me of Romancing SaGa and thus I am morally obligated to like it, sorry.

And I was like uhh what?
Imagine actually wanting to pay for online

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally completed XCOM 2s campaign. Took me 35 hours while EU took 23 hours according to Steam playtime.

It's a very thorough and complete mod that makes the game considerably tougher and longer. It adds a bit of realism, soldiers get tired, missions need to be approached way more strategically and carefully, items and new enemies added, etc.

It still works within the framework of the base game, so it's not like the Skyrim total conversion mods, but it changes a lot of stuff to make it more strategic and challenging.

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Finally completed XCOM 2s campaign. Took me 35 hours while EU took 34 hours according to Steam playtime.

https://www.nexusmods.com/xcom/mods/88/

Long war 1 is basically the best strategy game ever. Long war 2 is okay-ish but isn't compatible with War of the Chosen. LW1 Is quite complex and very, very, very long. A normal campaign will take take 200-300 hours although there are options to reduce that time. I highly recommend it. It's the definite XCOM experience.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
So, I've started up Rage in an effort to see if I want to get Rage 2, now that it's not EGS exclusive.

The gunplay felt really off, at first, but I've gotten accustomed to it (it plays much more like early Doom games, as opposed to, say, the new Doom game.)
The world wears Mad Max on its sleeve. That's not a bad thing. Gearheads and boomerangs.
Driving feels pretty tight with a keyboard. I can see that shit getting old, with the backtracking.

They were actually Bethesda Launcher exclusive. EGS wasn't in the picture there. I really liked the gunplay of RAGE. It felt so smooth and responsive compared to other FPS games of that era.. I wish they didn't have so many non-shooting mechanics muddying the waters though.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

Read up on pcgaming wiki on how to enable some DLC.
Also shotguns are the best in this game.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
D4NnZzjWwAE22JN.jpg

Damn. What should I buy next?

Been eyeing Resident Evil 2 but is it worth it of being the title of the thousandth game in my Steam library?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I'm playing through Octopath atm, it's not very good, I'm still kinda liking it mostly because of the combat mostly but as a game overall, yeeeeeeeah no. It's a huge missed opportunity with the 8 characters thing, its like you are playing 8 small mediocre rpgs (story wise) instead of a proper full one, they barely interact and everytime you do a chapter for each of them, the game pretends they are alone. The "sidequests" are awful aswell and a complete waste of time for the most part (narratively and rewards wise).

Also I maintain that it wont look very good blown up (I havent tried it docked but even portable, while in general good looking, those sprites are super pixelated, and not in a good way if blown up to a bigger screen I imagine), unless they are doing some proper job on the port, I dont know.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019

I played Rage this winter over the holidays and it was a lot of fun.
Mutant Bash TV is a very quick way to make a ton of money. Enough to over-stock yourself and others practically break the game.

Some of the later weapons were pretty out there, but you don't really get a ton of time to play with them, as the ending's pretty abrupt.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017

I have a triple monitor setup (1 60hz monitor, the 144hz one and TV) and the 60hz is directly beside me for working...
The difference is so big...

It really is utterly bizarre that phone manufactures fixated on ever pointless resolution bumps and didn't focus on refresh rate instead. 100+ hz scrolling is the truth.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm actually kinda disappointed in that I haven't noticed much of a difference browsing the Internet using my new 144hz monitor vs using my old TV.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
RE2 is a fantastic game.
Unless you have a better idea, yes. It's a very good game.

Okay, will get it!

Already got it as a gift a while ago.

I don't want to take the burden of making this decision from your shoulders but - what are those achivements..? o.O

Hoff is from Stick of Truth, Panties are from Divinity: Original Sin

My GOTY so far.

And since you know me, you know I have the best taste in games.

You refuse to play Doom despite me always telling you to start so I don't know if I should trust you.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey PC Era, I've been using Big Picture Mode with a DS4 recently, and I'm pretty impressed. While there's obvious improvements to be made, BPM is infinitely more usable than whatever was the last time I booted it up (not to mention that Steam Input helps a lot). Two quick questions I haven't been able to solve myself:
- There's really no low battery warning while in game?
- Any way to launch instantly a game when clicking on its banner like in "small picture" mode? I was hoping holding a button/using start would save me the extra click (game banner -> play game). It's a minor thing, but ya know.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there's the top right warning in the BPM UI but no pop up notifications or anything in game. Not that much of a problem, but hopefully something that gets addressed eventually, since that 3rd party DS4 wrapper has a bunch of custom warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.