• Windows ME is a good operating system

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • UN Ambassador for PC Gaming

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Report this Orange man

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Still thinks PC Gaming is dead

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • ༼ つ ▀̿_▀̿ ༽つ (I have no idea if this one is allowed)

Votes: 57 22.3%
  • nice thread btw :)

Votes: 91 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
I fucking hate Sekiro.

I'm at Genichiro and I've managed to get him to an inch of his health left on his 3rd phase a bunch of times but no dice.
My hands actually hurt now, and I can see I'm just getting worse now, I need a break -_-

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Ins't Humble owned by IGN now days? And they just annouced a partnership with Epic?

Yes. And original founders stepped down now too.

And speaking of that Humble Games Bundles has been going down for long time now (expect monthly).

Also looks like zero devs have taken offer of being able to sell keys on humble so far. (Though apparently Dangerous Driving will be after pre-order discount/bonus is over, but we'll see)

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being a journalist with a take hotter than the sun. As if the merit of a platform can only be determined by an insignificant number of AAA releases.
Oh no, Steam lost two out of like four of the AAA releases that would hit the platform by the end of the year, whatever will Valve do

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I fucking hate Sekiro.

I'm at Genichiro and I've managed to get him to an inch of his health left on his 3rd phase a bunch of times but no dice.
My hands actually hurt now, and I can see I'm just getting worse now, I need a break -_-
I went at him for nearly 3 hours, went to bed and beat him the next day within a few attempts. More than any game I've played in a while Sekiro becomes impossible when you're frustrated since you just don't have much leniency

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. And original founders stepped down now too.

And speaking of that Humble Games Bundles has been going down for long time now (expect monthly).

Also looks like zero devs have taken offer of being able to sell keys on humble so far. (Though apparently Dangerous Driving will be after pre-order discount/bonus is over, but we'll see)
Is that even available now? I thought they were waiting until they could make it so that you could link it directly to your account.

Also funny if buying the key through Humble would be the only way to gift games in EGS until... TBD

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I fucking hate Sekiro.

tiEYu36.jpg

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Is that even available now? I thought they were waiting until they could make it so that you could link it directly to your account.

Also funny if buying the key through Humble would be the only way to gift games in EGS until... TBD

They said keys available first and eventually replaced by account linking.

Oct 25, 2017
I fucking hate Sekiro.

That's actually the fight that made me understand how the game wants to be played.
Super, super, super aggressive.

You can get to this 3rd phase in maybe a minute if you just relentlessly keep attacking him while deflecting his attacks. Just no pause, don't even worry about your own posture. That revelation came after 2 hours of fruitless attempts and was one of the biggest eye-openers for me.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
It's a shame there's apparently $0 for media coverage of the portion of PC gaming that isn't essentially better performing console games and a handful of high production value PC exclusive mostly strategy games.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Something something ignorant something something without IGN

It's a shame there's apparently $0 for media coverage of the portion of PC gaming that isn't essentially better performing console games and a handful of high production value PC exclusive mostly strategy games.

Really though. I'd argue not even the high production value PC exclusive are covered especially well by large parts of the mainstream sites. At least US.

I have differing opinions with RPS about the Epic Store stuff but they highlight cool overlooked indie games pretty often.

I fucking hate Sekiro.

You can do it! I believe in you!

Digoman

Oct 27, 2017

No big games on Steam

Ooof... if you think that's bad, don't go read the thread.

"This is no more anti-consumer than Valve not putting its games on Epic's store. "
"Think this through. Why is it anti-consumer for Epic to lock in these exclusives? What problem does that create for consumers? "
"No more than I see with EA putting its games exclusively on Origin or Activision putting its games exclusively on battle.net "

So.. is this the month Humble Monthly starts giving EGS Keys?

Last edited:

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
I mean is much stuff for the year even announced besides MK11 and Bethesda's three shooters? There is some high quality AA games like Control or Outer Worlds skipping Steam for a year but what else is there?

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
That's actually the fight that made me understand how the game wants to be played.
Super, super, super aggressive.

You can get to this 3rd phase in maybe a minute if you just relentlessly keep attacking him while deflecting his attacks. Just no pause, don't even worry about your own posture. That revelation came after 2 hours of fruitless attempts and was one of the biggest eye-openers for me.

Yeah I don't understand what it is I'm not doing, looking at vids some folk are maxing out his posture bar in under a minute and I just can't do that even when I'm in his face constantly attacking?!

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Total War Three Kingdoms is - unless it'll be a disaster launch - probably going to be the best selling game in the franchise thanks to the asian market.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Total War 3 Kingdoms.
Rage 2.
Doom.
Wolfenstein.
Imperator Rome will sell more than Mortal Kombat 11 in PC

I somehow said that as a joke, but everytime it seems more like something it will happen

Totaal War: China is gonna be amazing if they have a decent price in China. Total War already sell pretty nice there and add a new "generation" (finally no more Medieval 2 "reskins") WITH CHINA? WEW

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I mean is much stuff for the year even announced besides MK11 and Bethesda's three shooters? There is some high quality AA games like Control or Outer Worlds skipping Steam for a year but what else is there?
Nothing announced yet as far as AAA goes and most of the unnanounced shit wouldn't be on Steam anyways

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Just read his replies in that twitter thread... oh my days fam, what is this guy smoking?
I mean, major gaming outlets do not give a shit about PC gaming, so they don't know what they are talking about. I remember a few years back Dan getting called out about some PC stuff because he was just talking non-sense.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Breezing through AC Odyssey and having a blast. Love all the QoL stuff they do like vanity armor and respeccing from the menu. Sounds like the polar opposite of Sekiro. I'll get to that eventually though. Still recovering from difficulty fatigue after Extremoth in MH World :')

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
lmao at dan stapleton, he's always tweeting weird shit

lmao at ign in general tbf

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't understand what it is I'm not doing, looking at vids some folk are maxing out his posture bar in under a minute and I just can't do that even when I'm in his face constantly attacking?!
What I do is try and use tools that help me a be a bit more aggressive and defensive at the same time. So try to get close and deflect a few attacks, and when there's an opening, use firecrackers to stun him and then use a double-ichimonji to do some damage and regain your own posture so you can keep being aggressive. When I kept this up, Genichiro was losing some health and also posture.

If this isn't working for you, then you can always try and burn him so his health lowers. That way, he will regain posture slower.

It also depends when you face him. I don't remember how powerful my attack was when I faced him and to be honest, I kinda flukilly beat him on my first try. There are so many paths you can take once you get to Ashina Castle so people's progression before the Genichiro fight may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.