• Everything was battle royale

Votes: 493 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
UK, I won't have time to post the thread later and I know how people are when the thread is like 5 seconds late:

ZHuh9kR.gif
Ha. I agree, it is better to be early than late.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Its still may here.

I'm so out of new pc releases, my back log is endless lol. Anything new coming from Double Fine?

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Never played a gundam game but that New Gundam Breaker looks good from what I've seen. There's no steam page for it yet, do we know if it's definitely coming out on Steam or not?
The Amazon store page for the PC version (the only store page at the moment, AFAIK) confirms that it's on Steam:
Sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC
Access your content the minute it comes out.
You will receive an e-mail when this item is available.
How pre-order works
DRM: Steam
Platform : Windows

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of hyped now for cultist simulator and I didn't even knew the game existed a few hours ago.

oipic

Oct 25, 2017
PC Gaming ERA | May 2018
PC Gaming Era | June 2018

hmmmm

The latter is the correct option, of course. I for one am delighted to see common sense prevail this month.

(great work once again with pulling together the thread, MRORANGE - thanks)

This place will once again be a madhouse at the height of the E3 frenzy this month, so I'm grateful for our (relatively?) quiet little corner of the forum!

Oct 27, 2017
Quantum Replica, which launches today, looks pretty decent.
It's supposed to be a fast-paced stealth title, with quests.
GMG has it for less than 10€, with their 25% off coupon.

A random gameplay video:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
no hype for Smoke and Sacrifice? Out today and it looks fucking amazing in the trailer

Hammee

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
My 2TB mechanical hard drive died the other month. I hardly use any data so figured I'll just grab a 500 GB 960 EVO.

Also, started playing Fallout 3 again. I hardly remember most of it. Runs fine on my Win 10 install so not sure what all the fear mongering is about it not working.

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Started playing Runner3 last night (why is that series so inconsistent with its titles?), and I'm liking it but not too much. It's fun just like the previous games, but I have no idea what's the matter with the camera. It randomly changes perspective or gets blocked by stuff in the foreground, which is annoying. I also think having both a regular path and a gem one is redundant and a waste of time, because the game forces you to finish both if you want 100% level completion, even though both paths contain the same amount of gold bars to collect. At least it only has one difficulty level, so it's not like Runner 2 where you had to finish all 100 or so levels 3 times (once per difficulty) to get every achievement. Well, you do have to finish them multiple times, but apparently there are a lot less levels in this game. The retro stages are enjoyable for a while, but after 4 in a row I got bored. Maybe I'll leave them for later.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
E3 + Summer Seal

What a great month!

Gonna have to stock up on some snacks soon.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
My 2TB mechanical hard drive died the other month. I hardly use any data so figured I'll just grab a 500 GB 960 EVO.

Also, started playing Fallout 3 again. I hardly remember most of it. Runs fine on my Win 10 install so not sure what all the fear mongering is about it not working.
Win 10 with latest updates is perfectly fine with most of the old games, but early builds have some nasty compatibility issues, some old game didn't work on my work Win 10 with no updates while worked perfectly fine on my home Win 10 with updates.

Oct 27, 2017
BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, Vampyr, and Super Bomberman R pre-ordered, Overload just launched, Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (and the updated SEGA Mega Drive collection) launched this week as well, the first Far Cry 5 DLC launching in a few days, I don't know where I'm going to find the time to play all this. :)

Deleted member 3862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Street Fighter collection is really tempting. I have an old PS3 stick that doesn't work on my PC, but I think I can get a cheap PCI chipset that will allow it to work.

Or I could just bite the bullet and play on the PS4 controller.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Started playing Runner3 last night (why is that series so inconsistent with its titles?), and I'm liking it but not too much. It's fun just like the previous games, but I have no idea what's the matter with the camera. It randomly changes perspective or gets blocked by stuff in the foreground, which is annoying. I also think having both a regular path and a gem one is redundant and a waste of time, because the game forces you to finish both if you want 100% level completion, even though both paths contain the same amount of gold bars to collect. At least it only has one difficulty level, so it's not like Runner 2 where you had to finish all 100 or so levels 3 times (once per difficulty) to get every achievement. Well, you do have to finish them multiple times, but apparently there are a lot less levels in this game. The retro stages are enjoyable for a while, but after 4 in a row I got bored. Maybe I'll leave them for later.

Disappointment of the year so far for me sadly. Not even bothered by the few levels. They are often just too long. I think they were pretty inspired by Retro's Donkey Kong Country games but couldn't pull it of.

Most annoying was unlocking characters for me. Play through level, meet npc, get quest, die because you can't get 100% anymore, go through levels to collect things for quest, when you have everything play through level again to get to npc, receive new playable character.

Was really bummed out by it. I still like the Runner gameplay and Runner 3 has some cool sequences but I think a few more months in the oven wouldn't have been the worst idea.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Street Fighter collection is really tempting. I have an old PS3 stick that doesn't work on my PC, but I think I can get a cheap PCI chipset that will allow it to work.

Or I could just bite the bullet and play on the PS4 controller.
If you want to use a controller, you can use Steam's controller options in Big Picture Mode to assign 3 Punches and Kicks to L1 and L2.

Nov 4, 2017
Baltimore, MD

Its the Steam version with GFWL that's problematic. The GOG version with no DRM works fine.

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointment of the year so far for me sadly. Not even bothered by the few levels. They are often just too long. I think they were pretty inspired by Retro's Donkey Kong Country games but couldn't pull it of.

Most annoying was unlocking characters for me. Play through level, meet npc, get quest, die because you can't get 100% anymore, go through levels to collect things for quest, when you have everything play through level again to get to npc, receive new playable character.

Was really bummed out by it. I still like the Runner gameplay and Runner 3 has some cool sequences but I think a few more months in the oven wouldn't have been the worst idea.
Yeah, I'm right there with you. I loved Runner 2 but Runner 3 is just disappointing in almost every regard.
Not only does it have much less variety than Runner 2 (3 worlds instead of 5) I feel like the music is generally not that great, especially in World 1. That's obviously very subjective though.
It feels like they tried to compensate having fewer levels by making you replay them a bunch but that's....not really great? I already replay them a lot to get 100%, I really don't want to run through them again just to collect stickers and hero quests. And for the hero quests they just spawn in items that weren't there before so you have to replay older levels yet again. Basically, it makes no sense to try and 100% a level the first time since you will have to play it at least 3 times anyway. No idea why they thought that was a good idea. The boss fights were really boring and unimaginative as well, I literally couldn't believe that was it after beating the first boss.

And I found the retro stages just really, really boring.
Just a super disappointing game overall

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Overload has been released!

Is this not worthy of an OT? I've been pretty hyped on it.

It's funny becasue there's an "official" Descent sequel out, and this one just blows it away, and seems 1000% more "Descent" than that one. I've only played a couple levels of the Early Access but I can't wait to fire this up when I get home.

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Huh, I haven't done any of those character unlocks yet. That sounds awful. It was already annoying in Runner 2 with the retro carts forcing you to restart the level, and this sounds even worse. Making you lose on purpose to grab a collectible is not fun.

I also don't really like how Runner3 looks. It seems a bit... don't know how to describe it, cheap? It looks like a random bundle-tier game, not the newest iteration of one of my favorite series. The menus are also terrible, with lots of tiny loading screens whenever you select an option, and tons of screens to go through just to reach the level selection. Presentation is definitely not this game's forte.

Endruen

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Has anyone here 100%'ed ReCore?
I'm missing 3 cores and there's like no info on the internet for the Definitive Edition content.

Status
Not open for further replies.