• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Change the view to "Your ranked order", click
handle.png
, and drag. Alternatively, you can just leave everywhere it is and click "Top" on the game you want to win.

I dont see that thing....

Sy2OQpn.jpg

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
This metagame is confusing. I got a bunch of boosts from my Sekiro achievements (i've been playing quite a bit of it), but I'm maxed out on 12.4 k tokens.

I guess I'll try to collect some more tomorrow?

EDIT: oh, and naturally I picked a team without really looking at rankings. went with my Chinese zodiac sign, and it wasn't a great choice.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
This metagame is confusing. I got a bunch of boosts from my Sekiro achievements (i've been playing quite a bit of it), but I'm maxed out on 12.4 k tokens.

I guess I'll try to collect some more tomorrow?

EDIT: oh, and naturally I picked a team without really looking at rankings. went with my Chinese zodiac sign, and it wasn't a great choice.
I went turtle because it's badass.

Hopefully my fellow shells aren't wasting time attacking the rat dog. We're fighting for second here.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are the Sherlock Holmes games worth playing?

I really like that series and Crime & Punishment in particular is pretty great and is totally worth playing. Devil's Daughter is a bit more divisive and has a worse overaching plot but it's worth playing if you end up liking C&P. Just be prepared for plenty of jank and lack of polish on both titles.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Hey Timmy boy, if you want me to care about your store, how about offering me prices in CAD, so that i don't end up paying more for the conversion rate than your "discounts"?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the vanilla version of the latest Shantae game worth purchasing over the ultimate (which never goes on sale). Ultimate contains all the DLC but am unclear if it includes anything else noteworthy. Not sure I would care enough about the DLC anyway, but if I did, it's 23 total for vanilla + DLC vs 30 for the ultimate.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
And whenever somebody tells Tim that lowering cut would require removing features he goes with "forums don't add that much cost". Yeah forums maybe don't but other things like not pushing payment fees on your customers does, support for way more payment methods does, running private network does, doing things like Proton does... But that doesn't fit his narrative.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the purchase didn't finalize, so those games will get automatically refunded. Do they appear under your activity list? If not than they will be refunded.

Is not mine.

Well at least now I know they stack

If they are "legally" obtained, why would be banned?

You could edit page and redeem negative tokens. Trick was to redeem big negative balance to underflow to something near max value (basically unlimited) if i understood correctly.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Can someone explain to me why, in the Steam client, it re-asks for my DOB every now and then, instead of remembering it (I'm obviously logged in) and it pre-fills all of the values correctly except the month which defaults to January? What is this bizarre as fuck UI behaviour? O_o

Are the Sherlock Holmes games worth playing?

I played C&P and I liked it a lot, a really unique detective game. I'd recommend it for sure.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me why, in the Steam client, it re-asks for my DOB every now and then, instead of remembering it (I'm obviously logged in) and it pre-fills all of the values correctly except the month which defaults to January? What is this bizarre as fuck UI behaviour? O_o

I played C&P and I liked it a lot, a really unique detective game. I'd recommend it for sure.

From Valve

Q: Why do you KEEP asking my damn age throughout the store?

A:
We're with you on this. Unfortunately, many rating agencies have rules that stipulate that we cannot save your age for longer than a single browsing session. It's frustrating, but know we're filling out those age gates too.

Source https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1708442022337025126

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
My boost meter capacity was 400, most likely due to 300 remaining points after the Lunar Sale event.

I have completely used the capacity yesterday, and I have not received any of these 4,500 boost meter capacity points:

Your account received 4,500 Boost Meter capacity based on your previous spend on Steam.

I am trying to contact Steam Support. ;)

keEpflN.png

D1RIMvU.png

Last edited:

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
They are completely different games. What do you want to play?

If you cannot make up your mind, take the most polished game.

In terms of polish:
  1. Celeste
  2. Night
  3. Battle

Oct 25, 2017
They are completely different games. What do you want to play?

If you cannot make up your mind, take the most polished game.

In terms of polish:
  1. Celeste
  2. Night
  3. Battle
I want to play all 3 at some point, and all are in the same price range and have more or less the same lenght, it's why it's so hard to choose.
Night in the woods is a light adventure game so if u like those def. Get it. You cant go wrong with any really and it comes down to your preference.
1678.jpg

You bring a good point though, Night may be a good chill game to play between some of the other stuff I'm playing atm.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Celeste and Night are in a clear higher echelon of games than Battle, and I say that as someone that liked Battle.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I want to play all 3 at some point, and all are in the same price range and have more or less the same lenght, it's why it's so hard to choose.

1678.jpg

You bring a good point though, Night may be a good chill game to play between some of the other stuff I'm playing atm.
It does have some interesting themes but it is a chill game.
DeepWateryAdamsstaghornedbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Atraveller

Oct 25, 2017
Crimes & Punishment in particular is very good. I'd start there and pick up Devil's Daughter if you enjoyed C&P.
I really like that series and Crime & Punishment in particular is pretty great and is totally worth playing. Devil's Daughter is a bit more divisive and has a worse overaching plot but it's worth playing if you end up liking C&P. Just be prepared for plenty of jank and lack of polish on both titles.

I've bought Crimes and Punishment, thanks.
Why the hell Crimes and Punishments are still only -50% after all these years? The only Frogwares Sherlock Holmes game that I missed and the only one that still remains ridiculously expensive for such old game.
Many games no longer reach their historical lows. Steam sales are not what they are used to be.

Also, can anyone tell me why Pillars of Eternity 2's performance requirement is so effing high(er than the first game)? It's an isometric RPG! Divinity: Original Sin 2 looks and runs miles better.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I've bought Crimes and Punishment, thanks.
Many games no longer reach their historical lows. Steam sales are not what they are used to be.

Also, can anyone tell me why Pillars of Eternity 2's performance requirement is so effing high(er than the first game)? It's an isometric RPG! Divinity: Original Sin 2 looks and runs miles better.
Both Pillars games are oddly demanding and have wildly inconsistent performance. I can't explain it.

In PoE2 you can tell when torches are onscreen because the FPS drops.

Atraveller

Oct 25, 2017
Both Pillars games are oddly demanding and have wildly inconsistent performance. I can't explain it.

In PoE2 you can tell when torches are onscreen because the FPS drops.
I'm getting slightly north of 60 fps on high/1440p with a GTX1080. My PC is still mid-high end in 2019 and the game runs with constant stutters like it's experiencing streaming issues (and it's installed on an SSD). PoE2 is nigh-unplayable on a laptop.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
My boost meter capacity was 400, most likely due to 300 remaining points after the Lunar Sale event.

I have completely used the capacity yesterday, and I have not received any of these 4,500 boost meter capacity points:

I am trying to contact Steam Support. ;)

keEpflN.png

D1RIMvU.png

I have the same issue. I should have 4k boost meter but it's at 240..

Let me know what support says

Oct 25, 2017
Is the vanilla version of the latest Shantae game worth purchasing over the ultimate (which never goes on sale). Ultimate contains all the DLC but am unclear if it includes anything else noteworthy. Not sure I would care enough about the DLC anyway, but if I did, it's 23 total for vanilla + DLC vs 30 for the ultimate.

As far as I can tell, the only other difference is that Ultimate comes with extra DLC that was exclusive to Kickstarter backers in the vanilla version.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
it took a loli telekenetic nazi girl to get me to watch anime after not touching it for the last 10 years or whatever...

I'm not sure what that says about me >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.