Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So here's a question for all you Skyrim fans (you know you're out there even tho Era shames you for it), is conjuring not good or something?

I ask this because I'm a pet fanboy... but I didn't use pets when I played it. And I played mage! But I can't remember for the life of me if I just didn't know about them or if they sucked and that's why I didn't use them?

Oct 29, 2017
Athena has unseated Aurelia as my favorite playstyle in Borderlands TPS. Got the multi-hit Aspis and Zeus' Rage killing and building crazy stacks.

A shame everything other than the mechanics is such a drag compared to B2.

So here's a question for all you Skyrim fans (you know you're out there even tho Era shames you for it), is conjuring not good or something?

I ask this because I'm a pet fanboy... but I didn't use pets when I played it. And I played mage! But I can't remember for the life of me if I just didn't know about them or if they sucked and that's why I didn't use them?

Vanilla magic has been butt since Oblivion. You got to mod if you want some relatively fast pet killers. Companions are okay though. If they are essential you can sneak around and loot while they do the dirty.

There is also a shout in one of the DLCs that summons a creature that can then summons other pets.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Athena has unseated Aurelia as my favorite playstyle in Borderlands TPS. Got the multi-hit Aspis and Zeus' Rage killing and building crazy stacks.

A shame everything other than the mechanics is such a drag compared to B2.

Vanilla magic has been butt since Oblivion. You got to mod if you want some relatively fast pet killers. Companions are okay though. If they are essential you can sneak around and loot while they do the dirty.

There is also a shout in one of the DLCs that summons a creature that can then summons other pets.
Yes, Athena is the best character that I have played in the series so far. Her shield is amazing due to fast cooldowns which leads to utilizing it more. My issue with BL is that too many character have skills that you can't use too often and rely on passives to build the characters and it feels kinda dull and samey. With Athena I felt like they built her around getting her shield right in the thick of combat and not something you whip when shit gets tough or unless you really need to. Shame about the game though, I also felt that it was weaker then BL2 despite being a sequel-prequel. I really miss fighting the robots in BL2 and the prequel did not have anything remotely interesting to replace them.

If you need a recommendation for a good perk mod than I can wholeheartedly recommend "Ordinator: Perks of Skyrim". Unlike other perk mods this one is more simpler to install and it does not add too much crazy stuff and keeps in theme with the original game but adds more active perks and feels like you are really playing your class. I have run a necro conjuror, shield maiden and melee stealth and I had a much more enjoyable experience. Each perk has at least 2 or 3 distinct paths and gives you interesting choices to build your character around. My necro was skellington focused vs raising undead.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68425/?
There is a complete rundown of all the perks added so you can see for yourself if it suits you.

Oct 27, 2017
I personally just use a bunch of corvettes, then half as many for the next class up. So like 20 corvettes, 10 destroyers, 5 cruisers, 3 battleships. It works well enough for me.

Thanks to the vast amount of research out there, there's room for gimmicky builds, like all corvettes, or mostly heavy ships, etc. But as a general principle, you'll want high evasion ships to soak up damage, high tracking weapons to combat the same type of ship, and long-range, high powered weapons to take down things like stations.

The thing that matters most in a fleet is the ship designs they use. The auto-generated ship designs will only get you so far; custom ones, exploiting the weaknesses of your enemies, or just doubling down on what your empire is good at, will get you much farther. Remember: you can check the parts on any ship within sensor range, including a hostile empire.

Cool thanks. I've been updating my lasers and whatever else but haven't gotten tactical at all yet. I'm not even sure what my empire is good at never mind theirs.

Sure we'll start a war and see what happens. I could well lose but that's alright. The game is damn addictive, had one of those "oh shit I've just lost 6 hours" episodes yesterday morning.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
I almost forgot that i preordered that latest groupees build a bundle - https://groupees.com/bab40 and i got some random game that i already own, but Steam refuse to tell me what this game is. So, you can try your luck here:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I almost forgot that i preordered that latest groupees build a bundle - https://groupees.com/bab40 and i got some random game that i already own, but Steam refuse to tell me what this game is. So, you can try your luck here:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Its the Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav. Already had it, so should still be good to use.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
Hello, I am a bot! I come bearing 6 gifts from InquisitorAles!

This is a raffle that will expire in 14 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

t1527548586z0.png

How to Participate:

To enter this giveaway click here to send a private message to me, GiftBot, with the subject line entry.

In the message body, copy and paste the entire line below for the prize you wish to win. You are allowed only 1 entry per giveaway.

Available Prizes:

Pain Train 2 -- GB-b12d26bf-cd97-432d-9ebf-768e4673616d - Won by SurWa
Warp Rider -- GB-c3ef3244-3ba5-42f0-811f-7c6704e03194 - Won by SpectrumWarrior
Phantom Soldier -- GB-235ffd7f-eb20-4dba-b383-acf066c5ac36 - Won by Baz
Dungeon Creepster -- GB-db3212f1-b84f-474a-83ea-4a976f11012f - Won by Taborcarn
Pain Train -- GB-9573cbde-a3a7-4eaa-ae70-9b36abe7d51d - Won by clay_ghost
Crankies Workshop: Lerpbot Assembly -- GB-f6f854b8-2ee4-4c32-8749-85b682622f9e - Won by Eila

Last edited:

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
It depends on the game. They would need to support it. Arbritrary window sizes (i.e. non-integer scaling) wouldn't be a good idea on a pixel art game.

You could use the windows magnifier tool to zoom in, but that seems practically the same as full screen.

Just wanted to say thanks for explaining this! I'll just live with fullscreen, no big deal. :)

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is the worst, which also makes it the best, because what makes it the worst makes it great, and what they fixed makes it not as good.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Yeah, is this game even out or is it still like an early access thing?
All I ever see about it are the ridiculous prices. But never anyone actually playing it.
You can play it now. The latest update added the planet tech so you can fly to and land on planets as well as do missions and earn money. I was trying to earn some cash by hauling cargo in my Freelancer. I only had enough cash to fill one pallet in my cargo hold so it was slow going. Right now the cargo just auto loads into your cargo and disappears when you sell it. The goal is to have it so you physically unload and load the ship.

The thing with the more expensive ships is that many pool their money together to buy them as you can't pilot them by yourself in the first place. So for a bigger ship you'd have a guy who only deals with cargo loading and unloading.

They made a ship with a flat docking surface whose main job is to fly to clients stuck in deep space for repairs or refueling. Hell, there is already a refueling unofficial "profession" in Elite: Dangerous aka the "Fuel Rats".

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Okay, controversy time. Despite putting 40 hours in this game and finishing all main and side missions... I don't like Watch_Dogs 2. Like, at all - it's indeed beautiful looking, but inside bland and boring game. It's not about change in tone comparing to original Watch_Dogs, this game have much bigger, fundamental problems that i just can't stand. Story and characters is a mess, it feels like game is missing first 1-2 hours, and whole plot is just dumb nonsense. There is so many storylines that abruptly ends with nothing, like Wrench girlfriend (?), congressman Truss and other characters that were shown only once during whole story and forgotten once mission ends. Another very big problem is sub-par missions design, 90% of quests work on same "drive to checkpoint, hack something, kill dudes with guns" pattern, sometimes it's JUST drive to checkpoint and talk to NPC with literally nothing else. There is some memorable moments in story, like car with racist AI, but it's rare exception in line of boring repetitive missions. Even characters themselves doesn't care about story, at some point (and for some dumb reason) one of main characters dies, but once cutscene ends, Marcus and other gang starts to casually chatting like nothing happened. And it's not just main story, for some reasons Ubisoft butchered all awesome side activities from previous WD, like drinking game and augmented reality stuff, and only thing that left is boring races and taxi driving missions. Not just that, there is no point in doing those side activities, because balance in this game is completely broken and i had shitload of money with nothing to spend on, most of skills are useless as well and i got everything that i need in first 5-10 hours.
Another fundamental problem is how boring and not fun gameplay in this game. Protagonist is very weak and dying in a heartbeat, shooting is not fun, so if you'll decide to go aggressive way than game become very boring cover-based shooter. Yes, this is not the main focus of this game, but "hacking" part is not very deep and interesting either, there's not enough options for stealth approach and hacking puzzle minigame is overused and just tedious to play. They should've just get rid of shooting part completely and fully focus on hacking, aggressive path doesn't make sense in story anyway, but instead of interesting stealth game we have not very impressive mix, where both parts lacking of depth and doesn't work well together.
To be fair, this game is not a complete disaster. It have some positive moments too, for example devs fixed car physics so now it's fun to just drive around, which is a very nice improvement. Also, city of Watch_Dogs 2 is impressive achievement, despite lack of meaningful activities, it's just fun to drive around and explore the world. Graphics are not perfect, but still great and can't render some breathtaking vistas, it's also nicely scalable and can offer decent trade off between visuals and performance.
But problem is, once i tried to remember what exactly i liked in Watch_Dogs 2, i realized that most of the time when i had fun with this game when I was just driving around and taking screenshots, not when i was actually playing the game. And since graphics is somewhere in the bottom of the list of things i value in games, i simply can't recommend it to anyone. It's not terrible, it's just very disappointing, this game have so much wasted potential and half-backed ideas, like gang wars and world interactivity.

Oh, and PLEASE, if you actually read this post and know english on native level, don't hesitate and point me out on grammar mistakes i've made, i need it in order to not make them in the future.

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the best, cheapest prebuilt PC at the moment? I'm prpbprob going to wait for the new cards coming soon, but I just want to know what is a good but cheap option at the moment.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, and PLEASE, if you actually read this post and know english on native level, don't hesitate and point me out on grammar mistakes i've made, i need it in order to not make them in the future.
Well, since I have too much time, and arrogantly believe that I'm farily proficient in English, I wrote you a correction. A few minors things really, fairly solid generally.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Rhaknar Idk why you pm'ed me your reply lol. I don't think anyone is gonna yell at you for discussing Switch Skyrim.....I think.

But to answer your question....

It was more about commenting on the lack of options in the vanilla perk tress vs the mod I linked. In vanilla, Conj tree is nothing but passives but if you compare it with the Conj tree from the mod I linked the options are just way more abundant and interesting. This also goes for the rest of the perk trees when you compare them to side by side.

Its a moot point anyway since I did not realize you were talking about the Switch version. Maybe something to keep in mind the next time you feel like firing up the PC version, this mod alone made me stick with the game longer than I have ever managed before.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Both Blood Borne and Dark Souls 3 are far more linear and the biggest areas smaller than anything in Dark Souls 1 or 2 and it's a bummer how the series is regressing in scale. Nothing like Blighttown in either game.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
what the fuck

Why is that?

I don't think it's a bad game by any means but definitely my least favourite of the 5 Soulslikes by FROM.

I prefer Dark Souls aesthetic, and it's slower paced combat system.

Also BB's online summoning system in my experience was useless, it simply never matched me to anyone.

And it's health item recovery system is definitely the worst of the 5 titles; no auto replenishment like Dark Souls but with a low cap to it unlike Demon's Souls (20 vs 99 if I remember right). So for me this meant that BB required the most grinding for health items by far out of all the titles, in any case of a boss or section that was kicking my ass.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Updated MSI Afterburner and now RTSS doesn't launch with it like it used to, anyway to change that?

I have RTSS installed on my PC still, just wondering which setting to change?

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Both Blood Borne and Dark Souls 3 are far more linear and the biggest areas smaller than anything in Dark Souls 1 or 2 and it's a bummer how the series is regressing in scale. Nothing like Blighttown in either game.

I know that Bloodborne had some FPS issues but I don't recall it dropping into the single figures.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
The inventory cap was 20 for blood vials without slotting in runes but if you received extra they'd go to your storage box.

Agony is 21 dollars on cdkeys and out tomorrow, really hope it turns out well as I still have no idea what to expect.

Edit: lol as the other thread is posted with the game looking shite in a regular playthrough. Hopefully it's not as washed out at least as that makes it look.

Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Today i was listening Assassin's Creed 2 OST and i really wanted to play Ezio trilogy again but i have to finish ACOrigins first. Then when i played AC Origins this afternoon i remembered how far AC games went with draw distance XD I still remember how some textures were popping in front of you in AC2 and then you look at AC Origins

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Well, since I have too much time, and arrogantly believe that I'm farily proficient in English, I wrote you a correction. A few minors things really, fairly solid generally.
Wow, that's exactly what i was looking for, thank you! I've tired to wrote this piece in one go, without re-reading it much, just to see how fluent my english so far. I learned english mostly by playing games with subtitles and reading forums like this one, so my grammar is not very good, just need more practice, and writing impressions about games that i hate seems like the best way to improve it.
There's a mistake in your post, it's "fairly", not farily proficient.
Just kidding, thanks again for your detailed answer! :)

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

What? Dark Souls 2 areas are mostly tiny. You're saying every area in DS2 is bigger than Forbidden Woods or Irithyll?

Status
Not open for further replies.