• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
Standard disclaimer that kickstarter and similar sites aren't a preordering service and its a gamble that you'll get anything at all.
Yeah. Most people get that, or at least I do anyways. But if you are gonna sell people the project on the promise of a Steam / GoG key then you should deliver that if the game ships. After all, the backers held up their end of the bargain when they paid upfront.

I don't know why some devs / pubs think they are special. Other stores / industries / products get raked over the coals for being asshole-ish all of the time. And yeah, I get that it's not a contract, but you have to take care of the people that are supporting you.

When this EGS mess started I thought for sure that previous crowdfunding stuff would always be honored. Because who would treat their backers like this? But here we are with devs trying to get cute. It's insane.

Last edited:

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Supraland is good. My gripes with it at the moment are the combat with the little skeleton guys, it just annoys me. Also some of the platforming can be a bit frustrating but that seems to be the case with all first person platforming. I do really like the puzzles and working out areas and the general theme/presentation.

Overall its so far definitely worth the £15ish that it cost. (about 5hours in).

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
How do i sign up to see their catalogue?

Edit: Nevermind: https://www.wegame.com.cn/
mpcDQXF.png

It seems that they have Fortnite.

It is pretty much a clone of the Steam store.

They even have user reviews!

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Supraland is good. My gripes with it at the moment are the combat with the little skeleton guys, it just annoys me. Also some of the platforming can be a bit frustrating but that seems to be the case with all first person platforming. I do really like the puzzles and working out areas and the general theme/presentation.

Overall its so far definitely worth the £15ish that it cost. (about 5hours in).

it gets worse and it dragged the game way down imo.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
After almost 10 years i finally finished AC2 100% for real. I finally managed to upgrade my Standard Edition to Deluxe Edition and unlock 3 missing Templar Lairs (You actually finish Standard Edition at like 97%).

6hc2z1t.jpg

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
the amount of times in Technomancer you need to go back to that first fucking zone (if youre doing all the quests) is erroding my soul. Doesnt help the game only seems to have like 4 zones >_>

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Here is another nice video about game design:

Edit: I already posted that one. Oops. NoClip is going to publish more soon.

LatscherGnu

Apr 23, 2018
As someone who's career has been built on representing player and user interest. You need to provide a valid business advantage to offline play.

Bottom line is the more online, the more fully engaged, the more who spend additional money into the service.

It's more development work to setup offline with very little payoff.

All I want is once the game service ends for offline mode to be added in wherever possible for archival purposes. I know some games have done this.

No business cares what you want as a consumer until they can draw the business benefits for themselves from it.

Another thing to note, potentially they have data from wildlands, and only a small percentage of users regularly played offline. Definitely see that as serving potential justification for having offline play be low pri , then eventually it's below the cut line and here we are.

How would you even track people reliably who don't really need offline play and wouldn't have used offline play but choose to not buy an always online single player game? I know i'm in that group but that number is probably a lot smaller even than the serious "Denuvo = no buy" crowd and that didn't have much of an effect on Ubisoft.

Outside of some new shitshow beating the sim city launch that turns "we have offline mode" into good marketing i expect the big publishers to abandon offline play completely sooner or later.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
the amount of times in Technomancer you need to go back to that first fucking zone (if youre doing all the quests) is erroding my soul. Doesnt help the game only seems to have like 4 zones >_>
One of the biggest non-mechanical flaws.

If they would have just added fast travel points (so you could skip the Underworks), it would have made the later portions so much better. IIRC, you can run past at least some of the encounters. Going back to Noctis isn't a big deal, but it's a slog every time you have to go back to Ophir (luckily, the amount of side content drops off after the second chapter, so you don't have to go back and forth quite so much in the third).

They have said that it's a criticism they've taken into account for their next game.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't feel like trying out Technomancer because it looked like the exact same fucking game with a different skin as Bound by Flame, and I kinda disliked that. Seems like it has similar issues.

Here's hoping Spiders' next game is better

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France

I don't get this one. Does it have something to do with EGS?

Epic one ? Epic own ? Epic clown?

Edit: The game is on Steam, so it is just a typo. Not a play on words.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
I'm not sure what is wrong with that Forbes article. I must be missing something because just going by the title I agree with it.

I honestly didn't know that Rage 2 was coming this week and I'm fairly interested in picking it up. I feel like Bethesda has been bad at this kind of stuff for awhile now.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

I don't get this one. Does it have something to do with EGS?

Epic one ? Epic own ? Epic clown?

Edit: The game is on Steam, so it is just a typo. Not a play on words.

I dunno if they still do but kids used to say they'd owned you/pwned you, hes probably using it in regards to that

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
I have learnt that Discord has a "discovery feature" (the magnifier glass), which lets you find popular games.
Apparently, there is a big community on Discord for Spellbreak and Satisfactory.

I dunno if they still do but kids used to say they'd owned you/pwned you, hes probably using it in regards to that

Thanks. It makes more sense.

Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I have learnt that Discord has a "discovery feature" (the magnifier glass), which lets you find popular games.
Apparently, there is a big community on Discord for Spellbreak and Satisfactory.

Thanks. It makes more sense.

Are those numbers for that game only or it shows how many players on that server are in game no matter what game it is?

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Are those numbers for that game only or it shows how many players on that server are in game no matter what game it is?

It says "online", so I would say that it is the number of people currently connected to the Discord channel.

I don't understand how Spellbreak can be so close to Fortnite, and have numbers much higher than the other games.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I definitely think is underrated is the guides section for steam games. So helpful for game tips, bug fixes, even mods for things like PS4 prompts on games or whatever.

Shengar

Oct 26, 2017
So, a question to anyone fully looped in the MonHun stuff, how much behind is PC in terms of content, currently? I saw that the Witcher crossover is just now happening so that's like 3 months behind consoles.
I'm wondering if there is a chance that at some point they can manage to sync them up. I wonder if they are trying.
It just a month behind the console version. Arch Tempered Nergigante was released yesterday on console while PC will got it in June 6th.

I hope that Winter is their another worst estimation because MHW was originally announced for Fall but then got released earlier in August.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Getting a thread on ResetEra with a bunch of people going "Oh, I didn't know Rage 2 was out in 4 days!"

Not only did I learn that the game was out in 4 days, I have also learnt that it was not an exclusive title on the Epic Games store...

For sure, that is a very cheap yet very successful move to create some buzz about this game.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
I can understand why there are legitimate reasons to do it, but it feels like people disabling comments on Steam reviews is just a way to shit everything up, and as a consumer it's frustrating. Example, for Pathfinder: Kingmaker

To put it simply this game is a scam.
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT get fooled by the late positive reviews, like I did. It is still unplayable and you still would be throwing your money away to scam artists.
It's a real shame. I know how much you guys want to love this game, because I wanted to love it too. But do not give in to your emotions or you will regret wasting your money and time.

Comments disabled means developer can't respond, and just as importantly, I can't ask: "Why have you posted all these bloody feelings with no actual criticism of the game? How/Why is it a scam? How/Why is it unplayable?"

What a bloody waste of space review. Masturbatory garbage that helps neither developer nor consumer.

No, Steam, no this review was "Not Helpful".

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
Breakpoint on EGS/Uplay makes me realize one thing: The next Splinter Cell will probably not on Steam either :(

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a multitasking side monitor game? One that doesn't require a ton of attention, and you could play while watching a show or something.

Oct 25, 2017
I can understand why there are legitimate reasons to do it, but it feels like people disabling comments on Steam reviews is just a way to shit everything up, and as a consumer it's frustrating. Example, for Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Comments disabled means developer can't respond, and just as importantly, I can't ask: "Why have you posted all these bloody feelings with no actual criticism of the game? How/Why is it a scam? How/Why is it unplayable?"

What a bloody waste of space review. Masturbatory garbage that helps neither developer nor consumer.

No, Steam, no this review was "Not Helpful".

I usually enable comments on my reviews. The only time I've ever deliberately disabled them is when I called out the transphobia in Catherine and I got an incredulous response. There's no value in engaging with people like those.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
I usually enable comments on my reviews. The only time I've ever deliberately disabled them is when I called out the transphobia in Catherine and I got an incredulous response. There's no value in engaging with people like those.

Yeah, pro-LGBTQ views are what I was thinking of when I said there were legitimate reasons for doing it. No reason to open yourself up to bigots who are trying to stop progress just for the sake of a Steam review.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017

And the fights are always at the very same place. It's kind of annoying later one when you need gather allies. It's fun at a deep discount but heavily flawed.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Is there a reason why SEGA of EU does not seem to include Japanese in their games? I think even VC4 did not have Japanese text but was later added back into the game. You can buy SEGA EU games in Japan, but you can't seem to buy a number of SEGA Japanese titles in Japan.

Also what does SEGA NA do? Do they now just mostly work with ATLUS USA and localize titles and publish stuff?

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason why SEGA of EU does not seem to include Japanese in their games? I think even VC4 did not have Japanese text but was later added back into the game. You can buy SEGA EU games in Japan, but you can't seem to buy a number of SEGA Japanese titles in Japan.
I'm guessing friction with the Japanese writers and voice actors, or something like that. I remember when Skullgirls had a Japanese version made with assistance from Arc System Works, that ASW owned the translation there and Lab Zero needed to purchase the rights to use it in other regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.