• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
This placeholder is on the Ubisoft store... Hmm..

fwSbCWE.png

Well there it is.

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017
I had written some code to retrieve games with similar store descriptions. I have just realized that I can actually turn it around to find games with the most unusual store descriptions. Out of ~30k games, the following ones are the most unique games. More here.

PS: I cannot guarantee that all of them are SFW.
Here are a few of the games with the most unusual store banners (based on features extracted by a neural network). I have filtered out games with a bad rating.

I really like seeing this stuff! Even got a few new games on my wishlist from that first bunch.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Finished Kiwami 2. Great game.

Now to decide if I should continue Druidstone or play one or two shorter games for now. Been eyeing Aggelos, Oniken or REmake 1 in my library for some time.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Total War managed to pass 190K concurrent players

AC2X6Fr.png

This is biggest PC launch this year and that is in Top 20 games by concurrent players on Steam ever.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Im on a old 360 era game run after finishing Mirrors Edge, im onto Metro 2033 (redux). Like Mirrors Edge it still is a nice looking game with everything turned upto 11. I really like single player fps story type games.

Oct 28, 2017
Its a shame what happened to the genre really. You can't be a successful MMO unless you turn your game into WoW.

Still there is no more memorable game than FFXI. Beating G1 was the best feeling in the world back then.
I was super confused the first time I tried to play it. It was a process to install the game. Keyboard and mouse controls are pretty awful, and my xbox one controller wasn't detected without downloading the 360 controller drivers. Once I actually got it to work right I really started to enjoy it. I'm impressed that SE has kept it updated for as long as they have though.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Is it okay to play Resident Evil Revelations (and RER2) before RE5? I read it's suggested to first play 5, but I kinda just want to blast through RER so that I can play RER2, which a lot of people seem to recommend.

Oct 25, 2017
I come back to Resetera to dump a bunch of Steam extras and friggin' Modbot, well apparently Giftbot, is currently out of commission? *huge fart*

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
lmao, heavy rain's demo has denuvo?!

0WiUsXw.png

Also, in day 1 for that Ubi pass if the pricing is good

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Is it okay to play Resident Evil Revelations (and RER2) before RE5? I read it's suggested to first play 5, but I kinda just want to blast through RER so that I can play RER2, which a lot of people seem to recommend.

Revelations 1 is largely standalone in terms of story, Rev2 has some more callback stuff. If you own it you might as well play 5 first, (still a fun 3rd person shooter even if it's not as good as 4) but it's not a huge deal IMO.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just don't play Revelations 1 at all really. It's barely related to 2 anyways outside of just taking place in the universe and being designated as a "spinoff" campaign.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Playing Aggelos is frustrating. Not because the game itself is bad but because its controller support is abysmal. Tried using the Steam Controller config in combination with the 8bitdo Stick and the M30 and after restarting the game after a break my config doesn't work anymore.

Part of me wants to wait on a sale on a console version and don't bother anymore.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
How do all of you feel about Valves "sudden" burst of communication via Steam to customers?

I mean in just the last month alone they did 5 community post, they also did 5 in December as well but in general it almost feels like they will go for months without sharing any information about stuff

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
How do all of you feel about Valves "sudden" burst of communication via Steam to customers?

I mean in just the last month alone they did 5 community post, they also did 5 in December as well but in general it almost feels like they will go for months without sharing any information about stuff

Pretty great.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

So from March they were:
-Rape day not coming to Steam : i think that speaks for itself
-Review bombs revisited: new functionality of the client and explanation.
-Top Steam Releases of April 2020: this is the only weird one. Steam has had this information for a while (and you could access it!) but it was just not published. I see this more as an expansion of what they did for the Steam Game Awards and a move to a more Event base community with the new UI.
-Positive "Review" bombs: weird one a bit late after the issue. My guess is that in some event they were asked about it and decided to explain why the "review bomb logarithm" hadnt acted on it.
-New Steam Chat Client app: new functionality and explanation.
-Spring Clean: event blog post. they also posted a second one to push people to play more games.

The only weird one was the "Top Steam Releases" imho. The other ones are quite normal.
The other changes are more about new functionalities added to Steam. They will also have more after July Sales when they put the new Library UI.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

It's great

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018

I see, So it seems that some people do like how Valve is letting people know about certain topics, where as others feel like it's a bit annoying and don't really want to know that details.

As Eonden mentioned the Top releases was a weird posted and not really needed per say but does line up with the whole events thing that Valve is going to do with the new UI update that launches along side the Summer sale. Also it's not a bad idea since it does highlight some games which people have sort of wanted, but then again that is sort of what the Top Sellers list does.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I see, So it seems that some people do like how Valve is letting people know about certain topics, where as others feel like it's a bit annoying and don't really want to know that details.

As Eonden mentioned the Top releases was a weird posted and not really needed per say but does line up with the whole events thing that Valve is going to do with the new UI update that launches along side the Summer sale. Also it's not a bad idea since it does highlight some games which people have sort of wanted, but then again that is sort of what the Top Sellers list does.
The "Top sales of X month" information was something they have had for a while (just hidden away but takeable from the page). From what they have talked about in Twitter, they might move to a more video format (similar to the Steam Awards) if this is succesful.

However, I would prefer a partnership with steam250 to showcase some of the hidden gems instead of just showing the best sellers. Showcasing best sellers is just giving an extra reward to the "winners" when other games might also benefit from it. (Not saying they shouldnt do Top sales of X month but also do another about hidden gems).

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017

They should update regularly. Communication was always thier weakest aspect and actually talking up thier service is best way to counter all the Epic FUD. I find a lot of the time there are Steam features people dont even know exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.