vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Does Grounded play well as a podcast game? I need something to dump time into while I burn through some dense audiobooks and podcasts. I dont like Minecraft but something similarly chill but more structured would be pretty ideal.
Yes. I don't like Minecraft all that much but grounded is fantastic. It helps having a fixed quest, discrete level, etc and sense of progression. Don't be afraid to tune things down either if you're solo. It's great as an adventure rpg type game with light survival elements.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Launched No more heroes after the update and immediately got the toilet and training achievements so definitely seems fixed. Glad they're doing the same to the sequel next

Edit: didn't get the Dial M for Massacre achievement for killing 500 enemies but assume whenever I go back for the bittersweet playthrough in a few years it'll track properly now

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Nice that Xseed came back for No More Heroes after fixing III's port. Took years but we're almost there ☠️
Chapter 5 of 1000xResist.

Holy shit.

Holy shit.
Chapter 6

holyshit-holycrap.gif

WE GOING PLACES NOW
Those two chapters back to back was simply INSANE. Left me speechless.

F9o1k73.png

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
You know what?

If this XCOM 2 run fails (my sixth attempt to finish the game), I'm turning off Ironman and save scumming the fuck out of this.

Its probably just me but feels like WOTC is constantly trying to suffocate you with shit. In the first game, it feels like they atleast gave you a lil breathing room versus here where its just nonstop.

I am so goddamn salty right now.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
You know what?

If this XCOM 2 run fails (my sixth attempt to finish the game), I'm turning off Ironman and save scumming the fuck out of this.

Its probably just me but feels like WOTC is constantly trying to suffocate you with shit. In the first game, it feels like they atleast gave you a lil breathing room versus here where its just nonstop.

I am so goddamn salty right now.

I was going to warn you away from Ironmanning anyway because the last few missions get really bogged down trying to run. Might see lots of assets refusing to render. Happened in Midnight Suns too. I still love both games but it's something to be aware of.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to warn you away from Ironmanning anyway because the last few missions get really bogged down trying to run. Might see lots of assets refusing to render. Happened in Midnight Suns too. I still love both games but it's something to be aware of.
Speaking of clutter, I loved the first scripted Lost mission but now? Boy, do they get old quickly even if it is still kind of funny seeing Chosen and sectoids get killed by them occassionally.

Last edited:

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
How is Dead Space on PC nowadays? My PC is very strong but I heard the game is poorly optimized so I'm considering playing it on my Series X.... but I really want 60 fps with raytracing.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018

Yeah XCom 2 bugged for me on the final mission years ago, pretty sure it didn't register me beating it, because I didn't get any Steam achievements for it (though that ain't a big deal). Kind of soured me on it tbh, though I have it installed if I get the itch again.

Crimson Blood

May 8, 2024
Do you think we'll get some GoT reviews before it drops? I don't really trust Sony and their ports especially after TLoU 1.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Finished "Third Eye". I think I got lucky on the wave defense mission in that one of the 2 minibosses in the last wave glitched out. not sure if that's the case, but I'm not gonna complain.

The rest of the game is pretty simple. After a few more levels, the trident gets an upgrade. At which point you need to make philosophical choice. Try to find your dead father, or embrace your destiny.
VToQB78.jpeg

That is the correct choice, which lets you re-fight the villain you fought in the begining, except now he has a health bar.

rqIXZYj.jpeg

It is easily the most tedious final boss fight I've ever had. You wait for him to stomp his hand hard, then you attack it to deplete his stamina (blue bar). Once he is staggered, whale on his face to do minscule damage to his green bar while the blue recharges, rinse repeat. After you get about a third of it off, he start spewing fire, which is the only attack that's hard to dodge. So it becomes a race to see whose HP runs out quicker. By that point your meter shoudl be full so you can activete your combo booster to do more damage quickly.

Honestly, the game isn't great. The 4 different types of enemy asuras all look bland and samey; the skyboxes are nice, but the game is linear corridors and arenas, with occasional side room hiding health and mana upgrades. The combo system is pretty basic, and the ultimates lack serious punch.

Hindu-themed games are so rare I really wanted to like this;
but aside from some neat visuals, there really isn't enough here to recommend.

zFr3D9y.jpeg

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
On the upcoming Prison Architect 2 (now slated for Sept 2024 after March/May delays):

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1257610/view/4201372129464692603?l=english

After 9 years together, Double Eleven is leaving Prison Architect. Double Eleven has been with us since the console port, led the development of the game on all platforms, and has been working on Prison Architect 2 over the last few years. With the sequel passing certification on all platforms, the contract was fulfilled. However, we could not find a commercial agreement that worked for both parties moving forward and mutually agreed to part ways.

The baton is now being passed on to Kokku, who's been working on Prison Architect 2 since the autumn of last year together with, and supported by Double Eleven. Kokku is now delivering on the plan that we shared with you last week, read more here.

Jackcent

Banned
Apr 5, 2024
Does anyone else get irrationally angry when you're using a controller and the mouse cursor just shows up unprompted right in the middle of the screen and you have to slowly move it away

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else get irrationally angry when you're using a controller and the mouse cursor just shows up unprompted right in the middle of the screen and you have to slowly move it away

Yes I absolutely hate it. Even moreso that it is so easy to fix that it seems the developer just doesn't give a shit.

The worst is when you move it away and it pops up in the middle again every time you bring up a UI element like a menu.

Jackcent

Banned
Apr 5, 2024
Yes I absolutely hate it. Even moreso that it is so easy to fix that it seems the developer just doesn't give a shit.

The worst is when you move it away and it pops up in the middle again every time you bring up a UI element like a menu.
One thing that really sucks is it happens everytime I bring up the big picture overlay. Why? No damn clue. If I had to guess it's because holding down the guild button is also how you use the controller to control the mouse instead. A handy feature in theory except if you hold down the guide button the controller will turn off. So you end up having to let go of the guide button to keep it from shutting off, then move the mouse for just the right amount of time before you have to let go again.

Truly miserable experience

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017

That final mission of Midnight Suns brought my i7 and 3080 to it's knees lol.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
3B65BFD3A0120F30CA82C7015EC343E068533C63

Look at my beautiful Arisen. My 60 year old housewife built like a brick house, who just wants to make the dragon pay for destroying her laundry.

(Dragon's Dogma)

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Yes. I don't like Minecraft all that much but grounded is fantastic. It helps having a fixed quest, discrete level, etc and sense of progression. Don't be afraid to tune things down either if you're solo. It's great as an adventure rpg type game with light survival elements.

I downloaded it on Game Pass and played it for an hour or so tonight. Was really fun. Great vibe but I just need to chill out and explore stuff and get unlockables.

Had to crash early but I'm eager to play it more tomorrow. Thanks for replying to my post earlier, it was helpful.

Haregan

Aug 21, 2022
Serbia
are we going to have to start saying "hollow knight-likes"?

View: https://x.com/ConstanceGame/status/1790129604088259048

(not an actual jab at this game, looks neat, but yeah, it immediatly screams HK visually)

What's the other one that looks A LOT like HK again? With the plaguemask looking dude?

store.steampowered.com

Crowsworn on Steam

Explore a dark world inhabited by men and monsters in this action packed platformer. Lay waste to the monsters that stand in your way with a wide array of stylish combat maneuvers, as you attempt to unravel the truth behind the curse of Fearanndal.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
are we going to have to start saying "hollow knight-likes"?

View: https://x.com/ConstanceGame/status/1790129604088259048

(not an actual jab at this game, looks neat, but yeah, it immediatly screams HK visually)

What's the other one that looks A LOT like HK again? With the plaguemask looking dude?

There is a whole sub-genre already

store.steampowered.com

Voidwrought on Steam

Voidwrought is a 2D action-platformer set in a hand-drawn world of cosmic horrors. Explore the thawing ruins of the First Civilisation and strike down the gods that dwell there. Grow your powers, uncover ancient Artifacts, and expand your shrine amid the wreckage.

store.steampowered.com

Phosfi on Steam

Phosfi is an atmospheric, metroidvania style action-platformer. Explore and fight your way through a dark and dangerous coastal world full of mysteries and ancient treasures. Discover long buried temples and fend off Eldritch monstrosities in this beautiful 2D hand drawn and animated adventure.

store.steampowered.com

Souno's Curse on Steam

Embark on a short and emotional journey through a cursed cave in this 2D hand-drawn platformer with action and metroidvania elements. Uncover a touching story about regrets and the value of living the moment

store.steampowered.com

Aestik on Steam

Make impactful decisions in moral dilemma situations, which will change the course of your journey through this atmospheric, hand-drawn metroidvania. Explore the hazardous paths of the Realm of Aestik and fight its corrupted inhabitants as you unravel its deep-rooted mysteries.

store.steampowered.com

Lotus Knight on Steam

Lotus Knight is a 2D platform action game. A girl born from a lotus, following the call of her "mother", adventuring inside the world covered with flowers, exploring various interesting places, engaging in intense battles and experiencing a wonderful story.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

store.steampowered.com

Voidwrought on Steam

Voidwrought is a 2D action-platformer set in a hand-drawn world of cosmic horrors. Explore the thawing ruins of the First Civilisation and strike down the gods that dwell there. Grow your powers, uncover ancient Artifacts, and expand your shrine amid the wreckage.

store.steampowered.com

Phosfi on Steam

Phosfi is an atmospheric, metroidvania style action-platformer. Explore and fight your way through a dark and dangerous coastal world full of mysteries and ancient treasures. Discover long buried temples and fend off Eldritch monstrosities in this beautiful 2D hand drawn and animated adventure.

store.steampowered.com

Souno's Curse on Steam

Embark on a short and emotional journey through a cursed cave in this 2D hand-drawn platformer with action and metroidvania elements. Uncover a touching story about regrets and the value of living the moment

store.steampowered.com

Aestik on Steam

Make impactful decisions in moral dilemma situations, which will change the course of your journey through this atmospheric, hand-drawn metroidvania. Explore the hazardous paths of the Realm of Aestik and fight its corrupted inhabitants as you unravel its deep-rooted mysteries.

store.steampowered.com

Lotus Knight on Steam

Lotus Knight is a 2D platform action game. A girl born from a lotus, following the call of her "mother", adventuring inside the world covered with flowers, exploring various interesting places, engaging in intense battles and experiencing a wonderful story.

fuck me that is a lot more than I expected.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

store.steampowered.com

Voidwrought on Steam

store.steampowered.com

Phosfi on Steam

store.steampowered.com

Souno's Curse on Steam

store.steampowered.com

Aestik on Steam

store.steampowered.com

Lotus Knight on Steam

And all of them are superior, because they're bug free.
sus-hehe.gif

(I'm sorry. I'll log off for today. 😞 )

D O T

Jan 1, 2021

store.steampowered.com

Voidwrought on Steam

store.steampowered.com

Phosfi on Steam

store.steampowered.com

Souno's Curse on Steam

store.steampowered.com

Aestik on Steam

store.steampowered.com

Lotus Knight on Steam

jurassic-park-alan-grant.gif

Malakiax

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017

store.steampowered.com

Voidwrought on Steam

store.steampowered.com

Phosfi on Steam

store.steampowered.com

Souno's Curse on Steam

store.steampowered.com

Aestik on Steam

store.steampowered.com

Lotus Knight on Steam

More games for my wishlist, thanks!