• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
AFAIK how that sort of thing works is you run their tool, which generates a Steam or other platform code, and then that would be free to use by anyone. So your friend will probably have to do that first step.

Not anymore. I got Resident Evil and DMCV from AMD and they were both deposited right into my account with no code. Uplay does the same thing I believe

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Not anymore. I got Resident Evil and DMCV from AMD and they were both deposited right into my account with no code. Uplay does the same thing I believe
Seems to depend on the companies involved how these promos work.
Bought two RTX cards and got the Nvidia Anthem promo. Had to link Origin to GeForce for the copies. Would not have been able to give those away.

One card turned out to be faulty after about a month and the replacement came with an ASUS Sekiro promo. It was a mess of contact forms to get an email with a Steam code. Would have been giftable.

A month or so later the other card also broke. Replacement came with the Nvidia Control/Wolfenstein promo, which spit out keys for EGS and Beth Launcher when redeemed inside GeForce Experience. Gifted Control without issues.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
capsule_616x353.jpg

🤔

edit: was added 3 days ago

unknown.png

Last edited:

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
So, what's the chances Rocket League goes on sale before they switch over to Epic Store? I really don't wanna play it there.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone help me out with something? I'm gonna be doing a fresh installation of Windows on a new drive. What's the most pain free way to deal with my current Steam games installed on the old drive?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone help me out with something? I'm gonna be doing a fresh installation of Windows on a new drive. What's the most pain free way to deal with my current Steam games installed on the old drive?
Steam should be able to autodetect games installed in a separate drive and treat them as already installed upon new installation.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
That Epic Store Top Seller list really is strange. First thing that is strange is tat barely updates. Same games for days. And when it updates we get Sinking City pop up on 19th place and game is not on sale. It's like one copy is sold in past 24h so it is on the list. I have no other explanation.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if these EGS exclusives will have the gall to charge full price when they come to Steam

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
That Epic Store Top Seller list really is strange. First thing that is strange is tat barely updates. Same games for days. And when it updates we get Sinking City pop up on 19th place and game is not on sale. It's like one copy is sold in past 24h so it is on the list. I have no other explanation.

It did change. A few days ago, RDR2 was second.

But OW being first is puzzling because the game is available on Gamepass. And we know it has an impact on sales.

So either OW is selling really well... Or everything is bombing.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
It did change. A few days ago, RDR2 was second.

But OW being first is puzzling because the game is available on Gamepass. And we know it has an impact on sales.

So either OW is selling really well... Or everything is bombing.

Well when Metro is in Top 10 and not many games that were on actual sale few days ago answer is clear. Or their data is broken.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
I tried Gears 4 via a free month of gamepass. I usually use my DS4 for PC games, but tried my Bone controller with it. Those vibrating triggers are kind of interesting, I guess.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
What did you find better, characters, plot or just better overall? Liked Oxenfree and hearing its from the same devs piqued my interests.
The writing was really great, It took the coming of age stuff from oxenfree and cranked it up. I was super impressed with dealing with some heavy topics in such a lighthearted game on the surface. And performances were super good. Janina is phenomenal in it.

Lot's of choice and path that seemed to have consequence.

I think the story/writing was better than oxenfree.

And Oxenfree is such a great game as well!

I loved Oxenfree. Gutted I didn't pre-order on EGS when it was something crazy like £5 in that store wide sale earlier this year.

Yeah I picked up afterparty and john wick hex up in that sale.

too bad Hex is garbage.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being such a freak that you ddos a site that raises money for children

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
Question

When I use a custom artwork for a cover on Steam, where does that information get saved? I know its not on my local hd because even after I delete the file from my hd the custom artwork still shows.

If I use animated custom artwork, does that slow steam down, use more ram? etc.

Eternia

Oct 25, 2017
Question

When I use a custom artwork for a cover on Steam, where does that information get saved? I know its not on my local hd because even after I delete the file from my hd the custom artwork still shows.
Unless it changed, custom covers/art get saved in the "Steam/userdata/<steam id>/config/grid" folder.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So are the "rarest" achievement showcases broken? Because I doubt completing Tales from the Borderlands episode 1 is one of them, as its showing on mine.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
So are the "rarest" achievement showcases broken? Because I doubt completing Tales from the Borderlands episode 1 is one of them, as its showing on mine.

Somebody posted a bit ago how Achievement database is broken and Valve is building new system so until that is done Achievement rarity will say broken.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean? I cannot find a mention of 95% anywhere in that tweet.

I understand that
  • he was getting 20% before the publisher breaks even,
  • the balance did not "flip" afterwards (so he would still be getting less than 50%).
It was another tweet as answer:

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
vHexwdC.png

Finished the 3rd Fate of Atlantis DLC, and with that Assassin's Creed Odyssey comes to an end. Until I new game plus it, that is. Really good DLC truth be told, the focus on the Isu and their drama was nice, though I wasn't expecting Juno to show up! That's blast from the past right there! Each of the three locations are in that sweet spot for size, large enough to still feel like an open world, but small enough that completing them actually feels doable. Decent enough challenge too, though I definitely felt like a glass cannon later on.

I also noted that they left the possibility of more adventures with Kassandra as a distinct possibility. She is immortal now after all, and her showing up on a longboat would be fun. Do it Ubisoft, you know you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.